Guest guest36187

32 minutes ago, superman2016 said:

Hi Roomie,

Can anyone please send me the link about AOS debate?

Regards

Kev

https://www.aph.gov.au/News_and_Events/Watch_Parliament

The Senate is still taking Senate comments.

See also Senate Red for details about the order of proceedings: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Chamber_documents/Dynamic_Red

Best regards.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.aph.gov.au/News_and_Events/Watch_Parliament

The Senate is still taking Senate comments.

See also Senate Red for details about the order of proceedings: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Chamber_documents/Dynamic_Red

Best regards.

Thanks for this update. Fingers crossed again then!

Edited by Kathss56

Morning All!

Thanks CAT LADY and SEAMUS for your comments and replies. Four months, Cat Lady! How frustrating! Hope the wait was worth it?

SEAMUS - good luck with your application. One question: How do you know they are 'finalising' apps up to end of April?? In the test email it only tells you the lodgement date of apps they are 'assessing' not 'finalising'.

Cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tidang said:

Hi ant111 I paid the bond 9th April and i have AOS letter acceptance in 7th May it take me nearly one month between AOS paid to have AL so you will have it soon and remmeber call them to know whether your application in their system 

Thanks Tidang. Will call them soon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Debate in the Senate about the Disallowance of the AoS measures: Postponed to the first day of the next sitting period.

I just received this message. Did they send it by mistake?

Together we have won an important victory in defence of multicultural Australia. Social Service Minister Dan Tehan has reversed his changes to the Assurance of Support scheme which restricted family reunions to the very wealthy, by massively increasing the amount of money people needed to earn before they could sponsor a family member to join them in Australia.
On Monday, the Greens introduced a disallowance motion which would have struck down the changes, after we asked you to join with us in opposing them.
Today, Minister Tehan confirmed that he would scrap the changes. Importantly, he gave an assurance that everyone affected by them will be assessed under the old, more generous rules.
This is a huge win, and it shows what we can achieve when we stand together. So thank you to everyone who signed our petition and supported us.
You showed this government that the Australian people are prepared to stand up and fight for the right for families to be together. Just like when the Greens led the charge in Parliament to defeat the Citizenship Bill, together we have struck another important blow in defence of multiculturalism and fairness.
With so many negative things happening across Australia, it’s a heartening reminder of what we can achieve together.
We will continue fighting to make family reunion visas more affordable, faster and fairer
Thanks for everything you do to support the Greens.

Nick McKim

Greens spokesperson for immigration & citizenship

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, bridgie said:

While this will be good news for the 405 and 410 visa holders in Australia who have been lobbying for permanent residency for many years the consequence for existing parent visa applicants is likely to be increased delays in the granting of their visas.

Indeed, we think it is surprising that parents of children in Australia – where the balance of family test is satisfied – will apparently be lower in the visa processing pecking order than those who will often have no other family in Australia.

Are you saying these 405 and 410 visa holders will go to the front of the parent visa queue?

1 minute ago, SusieRoo said:

Are you saying these 405 and 410 visa holders will go to the front of the parent visa queue?

I don't know the in's and out's of what has been proposed but from having a quick read at what was written, it seems that they are going to take away a certain number of 143/parent visa's issued in the financial year and hand them over to the 405/410's. So example of there are 7500 parent visa's (143 and other visa numbers) currently issued, they may instead offer only 6,000 and then give the other 1500 visa's to the 405/410's that are in the system.

I could be wrong though, may need to wait for Allan or another MA to give us their opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

Wow!  I'm so pleased for everybody who was in line for the shocking AoS earnings increase. A lot of you will sleep a lot easier tonight.   

Caused a lot of unnecessary stress. Even though we were ok for now, who knows if that would still have been the case in a few years time.

• Like 3

Hopefully all those who had to withdraw etc because of the ridiculous AOS new rules will not be penalised or lose out for unluckily being the ones having the new rules imposed on them. 

Fsith is restored in Australian govt - just!!!

• Like 4

Susieroo,

This is copied from Go Matilda website. I'm guessing Alan Collett will give us an informed opinion. I also think we may not know the full facts until the start of the new financial year. A little worrying that visa classes are leapfrogging 143/173 visa. I'm not sure how many 405,410 visa holders there are or even how many are likely to make the transition.

Endure, what else can we do.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, purpleal said:

I don't know the in's and out's of what has been proposed but from having a quick read at what was written, it seems that they are going to take away a certain number of 143/parent visa's issued in the financial year and hand them over to the 405/410's. So example of there are 7500 parent visa's (143 and other visa numbers) currently issued, they may instead offer only 6,000 and then give the other 1500 visa's to the 405/410's that are in the system.

I could be wrong though, may need to wait for Allan or another MA to give us their opinion.

A couple of years ago according to Peter Dutton, there were only about 3000 410 visa holders still in Oz and about 300 405 visa holders.

Even out of the small 30 couples group we are part of since then, at least 5 couples have left Oz as they couldn't afford to stay, quite a few don't want PR as they think they will have to pay more tax. Others won't be able to afford it.

Another point is that many are in their late 70's and 80's, so if on the 410 visa their visas are for 10 years renewable they have to weigh up if it's worth paying the $100,000. 

No one knows the details or numbers yet, so best to wait to find out the details.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Skeelsy said:

Hopefully all those who had to withdraw etc because of the ridiculous AOS new rules will not be penalised or lose out for unluckily being the ones having the new rules imposed on them. 

It means those who have applied 143 before 1 april 2018 will be asssesed under old AOs rules income requirement.? 

15 minutes ago, Skeelsy said:

Am more worried about the processing times lengthening ridiculously now

Now the Aos seems sorted -the worry/stress never ends until you GET IT! :arghh:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1