Guest guest36187

3 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

Clients considering withdrawing their visa application because of the changes to AoS requirements should note that:

·         Once an application is withdrawn, it cannot be reactivated. If a visa applicant wishes to resume a Parent visa application, they will need to lodge a new application, pay a new visa application charge and then they will be assessed and receive a new queue date.

·         Any request for a refund based on the changes to the legislation will be considered on their own merit in line with the legislation and policy governing refunds. Clients who change their mind about pursuing an application and choose to withdraw are generally not eligible for a refund.

·         Should additional changes be made to the AoS income requirement in the future, the Department of Human Services may notify affected AoS applicants.

i hope no one withdrew there application :(

I doubt it. They'd paid the first fee which is non refundable so it would make no sense withdrawing the application as things could have changed again before it was their time to be accessed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramot said:

Sorry really can't help with the 405 visa, but I asked Allen Collett if the 864 doesn't come through in time, would there be a problem renewing our 410 visa. He replied that we should renew to cover ourselves.

There seems a total lack of movement on the 864 visa, 6 weeks since Sept 2016. Not sure how I will feel if 410/405 applicants get visas before us!?

I would ask Allan for advice if you should renew( an expensive option on your visa) or would you go on a bridging visa perhaps. Not an easy decision. 

I also used Allen Collett as my immigration agent to help me obtain my current 405 visa.  And, also used him to get my son and his family there permanent residency almost 6 years ago.

When I got confirmation of my valid application for 864 visa I also got granted a Bridging A visa (class WA) Bridging A (subclass 010). However this did not come into effect as my Investor Retirement visa 405 was currently in effect.

Regarding processing time for 864 visas, from May 2017 it was showing process application up to 8th Sept 2016. This did not move until around 21st Feb when it went up to 30th Sept 2016. Then I checked on 6th Mar 2018 and it was showing 20th Oct 2016, checked again on 20th Mar 2018 showing 27th Oct 2016. So really was looking very promising. Checked again on 4th April no movement. Last checked 7th May still showing 27th Oct so no movement now feeling very disappointed as my valid application was acknowledged on 22nd Dec 2016.

From the above I was hopeful that I would be granted a CO before my investor visa stopped on 31 July 2018. My understanding is I can apply for a Bridging Visa Class A once my current visa stops. This allows me to remain in the country while I await the outcome of my 864 visa application. However, if I need to leave Australia and come back while my application is still being processed I also need to apply for Bridging visa class B.

Sorry for the long winded email but just wanted to clarify my situation.

6 hours ago, kimboslice said:

Clients considering withdrawing their visa application because of the changes to AoS requirements should note that:

·         Once an application is withdrawn, it cannot be reactivated. If a visa applicant wishes to resume a Parent visa application, they will need to lodge a new application, pay a new visa application charge and then they will be assessed and receive a new queue date.

·         Any request for a refund based on the changes to the legislation will be considered on their own merit in line with the legislation and policy governing refunds. Clients who change their mind about pursuing an application and choose to withdraw are generally not eligible for a refund.

·         Should additional changes be made to the AoS income requirement in the future, the Department of Human Services may notify affected AoS applicants.

i hope no one withdrew there application :(

It’s quite disgusting  when they say “may be a refund” on its own merits anyway. Let’s hope no one did ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agam said:

I don’t think so as my acknowledgement date is 23 rd April 2015 . Have not heard back 

I am assuming your are applying for Offshore CPV (subclass 143/173) which on the 30/04/2018 said currently assessing applications up  to and including 22nd April 2015. if this is the case today it is saying assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 April 2015. Then your application should now be in the assessing pile interesting to know how long it then takes to get case officer and the PR approval.

On the Onshore CPV (subclass 864 & 884) still the same saying 27th Oct 2016.

26 minutes ago, Agam said:

30 April date changed from last 5 days

Agam, sorry did not look at your signature before. Did you then get a case officer appointed before your visa was assessed? As I said above on 30/04/2018 they were only assessing applications up to 22nd April 2015. I am trying to get a handle on from when you get asked to give further information until you get PR how long roughly does this process take.

Oh dear! I’ve just been reading a post on Facebook by Senator Nick Mckim in which he talks about the govt abandoning the change to AOS. It was disheartening to read in his post that the wait list for CPVs is now 6 years!!?

And thats before any places are taken off to cater for 405/410 and possibly SA farmers! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Bhoys said:

Agam, sorry did not look at your signature before. Did you then get a case officer appointed before your visa was assessed? As I said above on 30/04/2018 they were only assessing applications up to 22nd April 2015. I am trying to get a handle on from when you get asked to give further information until you get PR how long roughly does this process take.

First letter asking medicals Pcc on 6 feb 2018 and then further documents asked all submitted 23 March and now wait is killing me ??

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Oh dear! I’ve just been reading a post on Facebook by Senator Nick Mckim in which he talks about the govt abandoning the change to AOS. It was disheartening to read in his post that the wait list for CPVs is now 6 years!!?

So that's their narky way of getting their own back, because they didn't get the increase through?  Amazing.

Just now, superman2016 said:

When will 2018-2019 Migration programme planning levels become available?

Regards

Kev

I'm not sure this helps a great deal these days - remember that the Minister said recently that the program numbers are a ceiling, not a target ...

Best regards.

41 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

If that's true.....I hope it doesn't apply to those already in the queue and  is for new applicants from now!!!!!!

Yeah ryt. last year May 17’ I recall 75% applications = 33 months and 90% applications = 34 months and Currently 39 months and 40 months ?.  Calculatively each year processing period rolling up to 6 months. Stupid I, was expecting my application gets assessed in early 18. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

If that's true.....I hope it doesn't apply to those already in the queue and  is for new applicants from now!!!!!!

If they reduce the numbers of visas it will apply to everyone, including those in the queue. If only half the visas are now being given out it will take as all twice the time to reach the front 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, superman2016 said:

The waiting list for CPV places are now 6 years?? I almost fell off from my chair.

Kev

Sadly I think 6 years is still an underestimate. 38,508 people queuing at the end of June 2017 and only 6,208 visas granted that year. And now the pipeline will have probably increased now to closer to 50k, which would mean the wait for new applicants is now 8 years.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tidang said:

Hi everyone in this group. When all requirements are met How long the 2nd VAC payment will be requested? I lodged in 26/03/2015 I'm so worry about that

Hi Tiding!

I don't think  anyone knows the answer to this question. If you look at my dates you will see that I - and others- are in a similar position. We just have to wait (as patiently as we can ;)!). If you look at Cat Lady's dates you will see that she had her AoS acceptance letter last May (2017) but had to wait until September for 2nd VAC request and visa! At least we are at the final stage -others are still waiting for case officers.

Regards

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

So that's their narky way of getting their own back, because they didn't get the increase through?  Amazing.

I think Senator McKim was all for removing the massive increase as he seems to want families reunited..I just think there are so many applications not just UK but India and China and many others that the queue is just getting bigger and bigger!  We wish we’d known about the visa years ago but it was something we seriously didn’t think we could do...now just waiting to be called! 

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2017-18 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 30 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 April 2015.

3 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2017-18 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 30 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 April 2015.

Any update on the 864?  Already used my email refresh this week ;)

16 minutes ago, Ferrets said:

Any update on the 864?  Already used my email refresh this week ;)

We have 2 email addresses I had sent one already on Tuesday, so I just sent another one using the other address. Guess what no change 27th oct. 2016, think all our applications have been bundled together in the can't be bothered with these pile.

What also really annoys me is that the changes and increases to the AOS paragraph hasn't been updated, so it still reads that the costs are increased from April.

Edited by ramot