Guest guest36187

6 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

HI

Have any of the following received their 2nd VAC requests yet?

Ant111

MikeC

Nicole Eire

Trying to second guess who is likely to have their visa granted next. :)

No, not yet, we're still in the waiting room I'm afraid. ☹️

17 minutes ago, Zaki said:

Not yet Zaki

Thanks for thinking of me.

It appears that PVC has almost reached the ceiling of places for 2017-2018 FY. If I am lucky I could have a 2nd PVC payment request in the next weeks and may wait to be granted after 1/7/2018 when new budget kicks in according to historical pattern. 

Currently, PVC will hold some places for the applications waiting for AOS and medical clearance before 22/4/2015

Have a great weekend to all roommates here

cheers

13 minutes ago, whataday said:

Not yet Zaki

Thanks for thinking of me.

It appears that PVC has almost reached the ceiling of places for 2017-2018 FY. If I am lucky I could have a 2nd PVC payment request in the next weeks and may wait to be granted after 1/7/2018 when new budget kicks in according to historical pattern. 

Currently, PVC will hold some places for the applications waiting for AOS and medical clearance before 22/4/2015

Have a great weekend to all roommates here

cheers

That would be nice if some places were held for those awaiting AoS clearance.  However I'm not holding my breath that we will slip in with that.  Nearly 18 weeks and still no contact from Centrelink regarding our AoS.  I think we will definitely be after 1 Jul for granting of our visa - just hoping we get there before we need to re-do police checks and medicals!

2 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

That would be nice if some places were held for those awaiting AoS clearance.  However I'm not holding my breath that we will slip in with that.  Nearly 18 weeks and still no contact from Centrelink regarding our AoS.  I think we will definitely be after 1 Jul for granting of our visa - just hoping we get there before we need to re-do police checks and medicals!

Hopefully you will have AL of AOS sooner than later before 30/5/2018. Once done, you still have 30 days to let PVC determine if to grant your application before or after 30/6/2018 given other requirements met

cheers

12 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Validity of medicals Nd Police clearance is one year.  And @whataday Peter are you sure that CPV 7175 seats have been drained? 

11 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

I know - but time is marching on!!!

Zelda, 

For AoS,  did you contact on that number which I had directly messaged you?  Believe me it would be helpful 

Zaki 

36 minutes ago, Zaki said:

Validity of medicals Nd Police clearance is one year.  And @whataday Peter are you sure that CPV 7175 seats have been drained? 

It is almost getting their internal ceiling, which 7175 less a few hundreds remaining ( don’t know why but it happened in the past)

i really hope that a few hundreds places will be given to us before 30/6/2018. 

12 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I doubt all of the places have gone. In fact I suspect like previous years there will be a slowing down of visas granted. Over 1100 less were granted last year. Another way of slowing down parental immigration. 

Let’s see how it goes this year

1 hour ago, whataday said:

You are more likely to have a great news soon I bet ??. Your parents lodgement is before 22/4/2015 and it should be finalised by the end of this FY

I certainly hope so. I can feel how disappointed my parents are with every passing week. The extra waiting time has just seemed to put a hold on their lives as they can’t make any plans going forward. Can you imagine if their police checks and medicals are allowed to lapse because of the delays? 

2 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

Just sent test e-mail to Immi and they’re now assessing 143 applications up to and including 30th April 2015!

Geoff & Gill

i used to get so excited with the updates, now i hardly send a test e-mail. so slooooow :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Depp said:

I certainly hope so. I can feel how disappointed my parents are with every passing week. The extra waiting time has just seemed to put a hold on their lives as they can’t make any plans going forward. Can you imagine if their police checks and medicals are allowed to lapse because of the delays? 

I trust that PVC will manage the timeframes well and will get yours parents appliction finalised in time 

To your parents, I believe it is not far away and let’s wait for a cheerful news from you in the coming week or so.

Have a great weekend to you Clare

cheers 

peter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Already done that - a few times.

I feel sorry that the phone number did not work you. Perhaps there are heaps of backlog applications in the queue plus the reform of AOS, some of applications need to provide more information to prove their financial capacity as assures, which created more work to AOS national assessment team. 

Hopefully AL will hit your door soon

Warm regards 

Peter

A long but very interesting post

http://insidestory.org.au/where-now-for-australias-immigration-level/

one paragraph in particular as below  (nb the parent stream mentioned here includes non contributory allocation as well as cvp ).....

“Cuts in the family stream will therefore focus almost entirely on parent visas, 7563 of which were issued in 2016–17. The parent category and the small “other family” category will need to be reduced by up to 5000 places. As demand for partner places is likely to continue to rise, partner and child visas may in future years become close to 100 per cent of the family stream.”

??

7 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I note it says he can't cut partner and child migration because of the Migration Act.

Perhaps the provisions of the Migration Act also explain why they haven't just abolished non-contributory parent visas and Remaining Relative visas?  It has always seemed mad to offer these visas yet make them almost impossible to get within a person's lifetime, but that would be an explanation. 

5 hours ago, Wishfull said:

HI

Have any of the following received their 2nd VAC requests yet?

Ant111

MikeC

Nicole Eire

Trying to second guess who is likely to have their visa granted next. :)

Still nothing...

They requested clarification of something on the form 80 on March 23rd. I sent them what they required the same day.

I emailed them (from my mum's email) nearly two weeks ago on April 23rd, a whole month after they received what they wanted, with a cheeky email to ask if there was anything outstanding, or if they could confirm that they have received all documents. This was the response:

Email subject: FINAL ASSESSMENT UPDATE (written by them)

We confirm that all documents have been received by this office.

Your application file will be allocated soon and reviewed by a Case Officer to ensure all criteria has been met for a 2nd VAC payment request.  No further information is required from you at this stage.  The final assessment notification (request for 2nd VAC) will provide the applicant with 28 days to make payment and (if required) travel arrangements per instructions provided.

Our case management team is working through cases ready to finalise, and we appreciate your patience at this time.

Regards,

Haven't heard a dickiebird since. So frustrating. I think it's doing my parents head in, and I'm here refreshing her email every 10minutes or so, knowing that I'll be the first to see it with the time difference!!