Guest guest36187

22 minutes ago, Emmys Gran said:

Well things have started to move for us. We received our letter inviting us to submit documents 

We have also received our invitation letter. Looks like I will be form filling today and I have just spoken with my son who is going to deal with the assurance of support. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emmys Gran said:

Well things have started to move for us. We received our letter inviting us to submit documents on Tuesday. We’ve no case officer yet but after Geoff & Gills experience i’m very relieved to have received it. We’ve booked our Medicals for next week and completed the application for police checks. Just to complicate matters we’re moving out to Aus on a 600 visa the week after next. It’s all go!

Congratulations, this is great news for you!  I see Judy has received the document request too.  We are a few weeks behind you guys with a lodgement date of 16 July 2015, so fingers crossed we will hear from the PVC soon.  We are moving out to Australia on a 600 visa mid-June and a document request in the next couple of weeks would be perfect.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, David Leask said:

Congratulations, this is great news for you!  I see Judy has received the document request too.  We are a few weeks behind you guys with a lodgement date of 16 July 2015, so fingers crossed we will hear from the PVC soon.  We are moving out to Australia on a 600 visa mid-June and a document request in the next couple of weeks would be perfect.

Hi

also going out on a 600 mid June!

looking for insurance to cover the 8501 condition

at the moment all coming out at $1350 and lots more!! per year

i know it’s been mentioned before but can’t find previous posts!

anyone recommend a company please?

24 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Hi

also going out on a 600 mid June!

looking for insurance to cover the 8501 condition

at the moment all coming out at $1350 and lots more!! per year

i know it’s been mentioned before but can’t find previous posts!

anyone recommend a company please?

Hi, we’re with HBF Health Insurance. You can pick what you want to be covered for. We have ambulance cover, dental minor and major and optical cover. The cost is $43.30 each per month,  which will reduce once we’re residents. Also, you can change categories covered if you need to during the year. We’ve been to the dentist twice each and had new glasses, no problems with claims.

Hope this helps

Geoff & Gill

26 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi, we’re with HBF Health Insurance. You can pick what you want to be covered for. We have ambulance cover, dental minor and major and optical cover. The cost is $43.30 each per month,  which will reduce once we’re residents. Also, you can change categories covered if you need to during the year. We’ve been to the dentist twice each and had new glasses, no problems with claims.

Hope this helps

Geoff & Gill

Hi 

have looked at that one. On the quotes page I selected overseas health visitor.

600 visa was not on the drop down list so I chose “other” visa category

it came back at $115 a month   I chose the hospital cover one as that is  what condtion states

the extras only policy ie dental, glasses etc does not cover hospital 

so annoying when you go to some sites that say they do 600 visa ins

then,  states at the bottom (may not be suitable for you if your visa has 8501 condition)  lol  

Condtion states must included pharmacy benefits which then pushes up the premium.

Edited by Kathss56

12 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Hi 

have looked at that one. On the quotes page I Iselected overseas health visitor.

600 visa was not on the drop down list so I chose “other” visa category

it came back at $115 a month 

so annoying when you go to some sites that say they do 600 visa ins

then,  states at the bottom (may not be suitable for you if your visa has 8501 condition)  lol  

Condtion states must included pharmacy benefits which then pushes up the premium.

We were already over here when we contacted them by phone. Explained our position, ie on 600 Visa and this is what we were quoted. We don’t have 8501 condition on our Visas , maybe this does make a difference. What are pharmacy benefits? When we got here we went to Centrelink and obtained a reciprocal Medicare card and when we go to the chemist to get our prescriptions we just pay the difference that’s not covered by Medicare.

Good luck in your search, presume you have to have insurance in place before you travel? If not maybe wait till you get here?

Geoff & Gill

15 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

We were already over here when we contacted them by phone. Explained our position, ie on 600 Visa and this is what we were quoted. We don’t have 8501 condition on our Visas , maybe this does make a difference. What are pharmacy benefits? When we got here we went to Centrelink and obtained a reciprocal Medicare card and when we go to the chemist to get our prescriptions we just pay the difference that’s not covered by Medicare.

Good luck in your search, presume you have to have insurance in place before you travel? If not maybe wait till you get here?

Geoff & Gill

Ah well I did have 8501 condition (even though I have no medical conditions or on any medication) so that’s the difference!

Presume it means prescriptions etc 

yes I do as it can be checked upon arrival into Australia it says. 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes. Allianz and HBF coming out the same price and cheaper than BUPA and some others etc.,

some do insurance for A 600 visa but state it may not be suitable if you have the 8501 condition so you have to look if it gives you this warning!  Then start all over again lol 

Edited by Kathss56

Oh let’s hope you find something. Do you think all 600 visas are now coming with conditions attached such as health insurance and only 12 months in 18? Seems they are really cracking down on poor old parents ! 

Ive resigned myself to a long wait and just hope there are no more shocks coming from immi for the 143! 

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Oh let’s hope you find something. Do you think all 600 visas are now coming with conditions attached such as health insurance and only 12 months in 18? Seems they are really cracking down on poor old parents ! 

Ive resigned myself to a long wait and just hope there are no more shocks coming from immi for the 143! 

Who knows,  seems pot luck to me!!  Am cutting it fine now by giving mine  39mths processing by the time my first lot of 12mths expires so may have to come home until 143 comes through ?. Wished now I had gone for 3 months on a 651 then come home for a couple of weeks then gone back on a 600 giving me approx 15mths without too much gap. Hindsight!!

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

But "dependent" doesn't mean living at home.  Older children in the UK are still earning a living, buying their own clothes, car, etc.   They could probably afford a flat share.   They are choosing to stay at home so they can build up some savings, but that is not "dependent".  

Agree, most choose to remain living at home because it gives them far more money to spend/save.  Even on minimum wage you would take home just over £1k a month. I live in an expensive area but you can still get a room in a house share for around £450/£500 per month. Therefore they could afford to move out if they had to so not dependant. 

36 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Who knows,  seems pot luck to me!!  Am cutting it fine now by giving mine  39mths processing by the time my first lot of 12mths expires so may have to come home until 143 comes through ?. Wished now I had gone for 3 months on a 651 then come home for a couple of weeks then gone back on a 600 giving me approx 15mths without too much gap. Hindsight!!

That's a good idea Kathss56 to combine the two visas to give a little more time. Do you have a deadline to start using the 600 and would it be worth delaying by a few months? I guess you could always have a long holiday somewhere nearer Australia and cheaper than the UK. Very frustrating to not know when you will get processed but still very exciting to be making an early move.

9 hours ago, Zaki said:

My sister just rang our agent regarding AoS and dependency. She said to prove dependcy has no relation with age criteria as we applied before implementation of 'up to 23 years' Rule. On the otherside, Living with my parents and never been married making up the requirement of (Shelter, Food)

I have been waiting since a long time due to this application I have rejected many Fortune opportunities. 3 Years As being Young toughest thing to 'Wait' #goldenperiodoflife. 

Jesus is not heartless ?

Good to hear your agent says everything will be ok.

It's very honorable to be making sacrifices to help your parents and sister, but you should not let this hold you back. I am sure you can still take opportunities while waiting for the visas.

@SusieRoo The start date is from when you enter on your passport. Originally I was going end of May. To delay another 2-3weeks makes the flight go up £350 plus. Tried to delay going a bit longer but want to spend some time with my daughter before her maternity leave ends so she can show me the ropes As will be looking after my new grandson 3 days a week. Plus, where I was working is closing down so I would have had to relocate to another office which I didn’t want to do for such a short period. So now jobless and from 25 May homeless!  Good job I have lots of family to stay with ??

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Kathss56 said:

The start date is from when you enter on your passport. Originally I was going end of May. To delay another 2-3weeks makes the flight go up £350 plus. Tried to delay going a bit longer but want to spend some time with my daughter before her maternity leave ends so she can show me the ropes As will be looking after my new grandson 3 days a week. Plus, where I was working is closing down so I would have had to relocate to another office which I didn’t want to do for such a short period. So now jobless and from 25 May homeless!  Good job I have lots of family to stay with ??

Sounds like a no-brainer, best wishes for everything and I hope you get the insurance sorted out without having to pay too much.

• Thanks 1

@Kathss56 you deserve to get through easily as you’ve taken quite a gamble!  Hoping it all works out in good time for you. My daughter texted me this morning to say my little 2 year old grand daughter keeps asking for me and keeps going in the bed in the bedroom considered to be “my room”. Because she’s says that Im there and I’m going to take her to the zoo! I was there for her birth and have been back since but usually over Xmas and have never yet spent her birthday with her. ☹️ Oh well onwards and upwards!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Kathss56 you deserve to get through easily as you’ve taken quite a gamble!  Hoping it all works out in good time for you. My daughter texted me this morning to say my little 2 year old grand daughter keeps asking for me and keeps going in the bed in the bedroom considered to be “my room”. Because she’s says that Im there and I’m going to take her to the zoo! I was there for her birth and have been back since but usually over Xmas and have never yet spent her birthday with her. ☹️ Oh well onwards and upwards!

I go Nov and Mar each year,  which is usually not far off the cost of one Xmas flight! ?

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

our grandkids are convinced we have a house just round the corner from them ....the flat we always rent....and can't understand why we don't visit them so often.  When we speak on FaceTime they think we're just up the road :( even when we show them it's nighttime for us when its day for them!!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1