Guest guest36187

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how do you come to know that your visa application has been allocated a CO? Do they give any reference number or name or email id in the letter? I have received a letter requesting for documents but no CO name or CO allocation is mentioned anywhere in the email. Your reply is appreciated.

Hi all,

Does anyone know how much time is given to pay for the visa once it's been granted? I will have to sell my home to pay for it and the housing market where I live is static. Suppose I don't sell it in time? I'm also worried that if I do sell it and then get a refusal.

Hi all,

Does anyone know how much time is given to pay for the visa once it's been granted? I will have to sell my home to pay for it and the housing market where I live is static. Suppose I don't sell it in time? I'm also worried that if I do sell it and then get a refusal.

Hi,

Your visa won't be granted until you have paid for it. You usually have 28 days to get the money to them once its requested. They won't request the final visa payment unless you satisfy all the other requirements, ie police and medical checks. You can assume from lodgement to visa grant takes around 18 months.

In our case we borrowed the visa fee against our house and we will repay that when we sell. Our visa was granted in 2012 and we are still trying to sell our house.

Hope this helps

Val

To Karen-J. Before you do (borrow on the anticipated sale of your house), I'd recommend thinking very carefully about it if its your main asset. If the price falls, or if you can't sell it at all without a 'fire sale' you could be leaving yourself seriously exposed. Not a step to take lightly unless you have additional funds.

Edited by stevemalbec

Hi Steve

Thanks for your advice. It's a dilemma, and yes, not a step to take lightly. I have some savings but not much. I will be financially exposed and so I'm still thinking very carefully and weighing up all the options.

Hi, Now im looking for some advice here...........im due for an op around the same time as getting my medicals done !!! i know great timing eh!

1)do i go for the medicals first then the op ....orrr

2)do i get the op done and then go for the medical?

would i need to tell them im having the op if i chose 1)

or if i chose 2) would i then have to let them know and probably have to have medicals done again??

please shed some light???

thanks

Tab

I would ask your doctor if the op is going to affect the medical, if not, have the medical first and don't mention it. If it's major surgery then yes, I would tell them. Honesty is always the best policy and if your op is going to affect your health afterwards, I think it's best to let them know.

Hi there

a friend wants to immigrate on a CPV 143, she has looked on line and says the the cost is £2,185.00, is this right?

is the wait still 2 years? And does anybody know the wait for the visa that costs less but takes longer

thanks Moira

Hi there

a friend wants to immigrate on a CPV 143, she has looked on line and says the the cost is £2,185.00, is this right?

is the wait still 2 years? And does anybody know the wait for the visa that costs less but takes longer

thanks Moira

Hi Moira,

The initial application fee is about that amount but the cost of the visa, I'm afraid, is currently AU$43,600 per applicant. You are correct in thinking it takes around 2 years, give or take. The big bucks will need to be paid just before the visa is granted. There are other fees to consider too, the cost of a medical, police checks and the assurance bond which has to be lodged with Centrelink.

Hope this helps,

Val

Hi, Now im looking for some advice here...........im due for an op around the same time as getting my medicals done !!! i know great timing eh!

1)do i go for the medicals first then the op ....orrr

2)do i get the op done and then go for the medical?

would i need to tell them im having the op if i chose 1)

or if i chose 2) would i then have to let them know and probably have to have medicals done again??

please shed some light???

thanks

Tab

Hello Tab, suggest you have a look at the medical forms you are required to complete, and take to the panel doctor. There are a lot of different questions to answer, and maybe they will help with your decision as to what to say and when. Good luck, Carolyn

Hi there

thanks Moira

Hello there. I agree with Val as to the cost and time scale for the 143 visa. I think you will find that the visa you refer to as the long wait is being withdrawn within the next few weeks. There are a number of posts that refer to this. Suggest you look up Alan Collett of Go Matilda who is a fount of knowledge on immigration issues (as of course are others on here). Best of luck, Carolyn

Guys im done with my medical and PCC for CPV 143. now just moving to the the next step , which is aos. Anyone has any idea when i can possibly get a CO ? its been 13 months from allotment. And one more thing, how can i know tht i have cleared my medical ? Cheers.

Hey Guys,

thanks for for the advice on how to obtain a HAP ID.

however my migration agent still insists we shouldn't get Medicals and AOS started before the CO is allotted. We recd letter of acknowledgement dated 16/01/13 so it's been a little over 16 months and we are getting desperate as the CO still isn't allotted :(

Does anyone know if the non migrating spouse requires the PCC and Medicals done too?

Has anyone who's applied nearly 16 months ago have their CO allotted yet?

Cheers

Hey Guys,

thanks for for the advice on how to obtain a HAP ID.

however my migration agent still insists we shouldn't get Medicals and AOS started before the CO is allotted. We recd letter of acknowledgement dated 16/01/13 so it's been a little over 16 months and we are getting desperate as the CO still isn't allotted :(

Does anyone know if the non migrating spouse requires the PCC and Medicals done too?

Has anyone who's applied nearly 16 months ago have their CO allotted yet?

Cheers

Hi

On 5th May, in an auto-reply from the WA Parents CPV Office ,they stated that they were assigning COs for applications LODGED on 19th November 2012. I would guess that your application was lodged about 6/7 weeks before your acknowledgement date of 13th January 2013 so you should be allocated a CO within days

If you wish to get an update on CO Assignment dates , just email WA Parents with no subject and just say "Hi" and you will receive an auto reply immediately which contains among other info their latest CO assignment date

Hope this helps

cheers. Barry

Hi all, I,m new to this hope you can help. Contributory Parent visa - very expensive, currently costs around 60,000 pounds for a couple. Is this correct and were do I find that figure from, on the Australia visa site it,s about £3000 for both of us, please help I,m all confuse.com.

Hi all, I,m new to this hope you can help. Contributory Parent visa - very expensive, currently costs around 60,000 pounds for a couple. Is this correct and were do I find that figure from, on the Australia visa site it,s about £3000 for both of us, please help I,m all confuse.com.

That's probably just the initial Visa application charge. The second instalment is $43,60 per peron if I have read the table right:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fees-charges/visa.aspx

You do need to plough through the notes at the bottom.

Thanks Bridgeman, I,m so gutted. Why hide such a big amount.

Sorry for the typo - I am sure you know by now that it's $46,300 pp (trying to type with granddaughter leaning on my knee!)

I don't think they are trying to hide it, it's just that the visa charges table is not in a very clear format any longer - used to be much clearer than it is now. That's why it's the 'Contributory' parent visa - and it is getting very expensive now unfortunately.

Hi All,

Just a couple of quick questions for those that might be in the know...

How long is it taking from 173 to go to 143 at the moment?

If you're on a 173 can you still get a mortgage and qualify for all the first home owner benefits or do you need to wait until you're on the 143?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Just a couple of quick questions for those that might be in the know...

How long is it taking from 173 to go to 143 at the moment?

If you're on a 173 can you still get a mortgage and qualify for all the first home owner benefits or do you need to wait until you're on the

Thanks!

Hi Nicola

included in an auto-reply from WA Parents on 5 May they stated that they were processing (ie assigning COs) 173 to 143 applications lodged on 25 September 2013

cheers