Guest guest36187

Sorry for the typo - I am sure you know by now that it's $46,300 pp (trying to type with granddaughter leaning on my knee!)

I don't think they are trying to hide it, it's just that the visa charges table is not in a very clear format any longer - used to be much clearer than it is now. That's why it's the 'Contributory' parent visa - and it is getting very expensive now unfortunately.

I need any ideas

Contributory Parent visa 143 lots of money,

what about getting Contributory Parent temp visa not sure about the price and would we have to pay the 143 in full after 2yrs ?

we are on CPV 103 at the moment, we are 54 yrs young what about a bridging visa (not sure myself).

many thanks.

I need any ideas

Contributory Parent visa 143 lots of money,

what about getting Contributory Parent temp visa not sure about the price and would we have to pay the 143 in full after 2yrs ?

we are on CPV 103 at the moment, we are 54 yrs young what about a bridging visa (not sure myself).

many thanks.

I assume you mean you have applied for the normal 103 parent visa which is not contributory and are waiting? Unfortunately, there is not other option than the 173/143 route. If you apply for the 173 first, you need to apply for the 143 after 2 years. This only allows you to split the cost, and actually may cost a little more than going for the 143 straight off as the visa charge will be the one in force at the time of application. When you are granted the 173 you need to pay just over half the final VAC ( don't have the exact figures to hand but its on the link I gave you). When you then apply for the 143 you then have to stump up the remainder of the second VAC and the AOS.

Unfortunately, you need to be over 65 to be able to apply for the CPV onshore and there is no bridging visa option for the offshore 143. If you apply for the 173 then you could stay in Australia for 2 years till you apply for the 143. Not sure if you are planning to work in Australia, but I would just like to add that it is often difficult for older migrants to find work.

I assume you mean you have applied for the normal 103 parent visa which is not contributory and are waiting? Unfortunately, there is not other option than the 173/143 route. If you apply for the 173 first, you need to apply for the 143 after 2 years. This only allows you to split the cost, and actually may cost a little more than going for the 143 straight off as the visa charge will be the one in force at the time of application. When you are granted the 173 you need to pay just over half the final VAC ( don't have the exact figures to hand but its on the link I gave you). When you then apply for the 143 you then have to stump up the remainder of the second VAC and the AOS.

Unfortunately, you need to be over 65 to be able to apply for the CPV onshore and there is no bridging visa option for the offshore 143. If you apply for the 173 then you could stay in Australia for 2 years till you apply for the 143. Not sure if you are planning to work in Australia, but I would just like to add that it is often difficult for older migrants to find work.

thanks for the help.

Hi guys,

Does anyone happened to know the 2nd VAC charge for a 173 visa applied in May/June 2013. The current costs seem to be a bit different to what I can remember.

When we eventually apply for a 173-to-143, I assume the 2nd VAC charges at the date of that application will take affect?

Anyone else applied in May/June 2013 timeframe? Did you get a CO yet?

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Does anyone happened to know the 2nd VAC charge for a 173 visa applied in May/June 2013. The current costs seem to be a bit different to what I can remember.

When we eventually apply for a 173-to-143, I assume the 2nd VAC charges at the date of that application will take affect?

Anyone else applied in May/June 2013 timeframe? Did you get a CO yet?

Cheers.

On 5 May immi were assigning COs to CPV applications lodged on 19 November 2012 so it looks like you have about 6 months yet to wait

cheers Barry

Hi I have just applied for the 143, I already have the 173, it was $17,000 up until around March of this year to upgrade to the 143 and then it changed to $19.420, it doesn't usually go up until July but it did this year and it was a huge hike. I heard its about an 8 month waiting period and I am taking it for granted that you can stay in Australia even if the temp 173 runs out before the permanent one is granted.

Hi all, My Co is assigned and asked for medical and pcc. My medical is done but when I went for pcc, passport office discovered that my passport is slightly damaged (small mark), hence, they asked me to get it reissued and then get the pcc. It will take some time to go through the entire procedure. Can anyone please advice as should I ask for extension of time from my CO? Will CO give me an extension? If CO gives extension, how much more time they usually give? I am quite tensed about this matter as this was not expected. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi all, My Co is assigned and asked for medical and pcc. My medical is done but when I went for pcc, passport office discovered that my passport is slightly damaged (small mark), hence, they asked me to get it reissued and then get the pcc. It will take some time to go through the entire procedure. Can anyone please advice as should I ask for extension of time from my CO? Will CO give me an extension? If CO gives extension, how much more time they usually give? I am quite tensed about this matter as this was not expected. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi

Can you refresh my memory please ?

Is the PCC the personal particulars & character - form 80 or the police criminal record check

cheers. Veronique

Hi

Can you refresh my memory please ?

Is the PCC the personal particulars & character - form 80 or the police criminal record check

cheers. Veronique

Hi Veronique, PCC is police clearance certificate. Personal particulars & character is Form 80. As far as I know. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi

I think if you email your CO and explain the circumstances I'm sure he/she will allow you time to renew your passport and then apply for the PCC

As far as I am aware the only occasion when they give you a deadline is when they are requesting the final VAC payment prior to granting the visa

hope this helps

ps don't forget to include the case officers name and team, together with your application file reference . Also include the reference FRM80s (this reference covers form 80 and PCC queries) in the email subject line

cheers Veronique

Hi

I think if you email your CO and explain the circumstances I'm sure he/she will allow you time to renew your passport and then apply for the PCC

As far as I am aware the only occasion when they give you a deadline is when they are requesting the final VAC payment prior to granting the visa

hope this helps

ps don't forget to include the case officers name and team, together with your application file reference . Also include the reference FRM80s (this reference covers form 80 and PCC queries) in the email subject line

cheers Veronique

Thank you so much Veronique. Thanks for your help.

Hi BlueRay,

What was the date of ackowledgement for your application?

Thanks,

Priya

Hi I have just applied for the 143, I already have the 173, it was $17,000 up until around March of this year to upgrade to the 143 and then it changed to $19.420, it doesn't usually go up until July but it did this year and it was a huge hike. I heard its about an 8 month waiting period and I am taking it for granted that you can stay in Australia even if the temp 173 runs out before the permanent one is granted.

If your 173 doesn't come with a no further stay condition(does it?) then I thought you would be eligible for a bridging visa when you applied for the 143?

Hi, Blueray we went

t through the whole process in 2010-2011 and had all the usual problems,meds,passports,etc,etc' we kept our CO informed of everything no matter how trivial and our 173 went through in about one year,the Australian Government do. Wants and need your Money. Good luck. Mike.

How have people found the medicals. What kind of questions do they ask. Are they very rigorous ?

As for me , they did a routine check up , height, weight, BP etc. Asked if I ever suffered from any disease or was ever hospitalized and ofcourse blood and urine test. nothing rigorous.

Hi, Blueray we went

t through the whole process in 2010-2011 and had all the usual problems,meds,passports,etc,etc' we kept our CO informed of everything no matter how trivial and our 173 went through in about one year,the Australian Government do. Wants and need your Money. Good luck. Mike.

Thanks MikeMavis. You have been very helpful informing this. I am a bit tensed. Hope everything goes smooth.

hi everyone

just wanted to cover something off. we want ideally to my mum to apply for the non-contributory visa before it ends in June, however she might not be able to make it back to Oz in time (she is selling her house and its dragging on). I had heard that being onshore made your application quicker - is this true? Has anyone had experience of this either way? We meet the balance of family test and the other requirements for this...

Also, if she applies offshore for the non-contributory one, will she still be able to get a temporary/bridging visa to come as a tourist?

Many thanks!

L

...as an aside, myself and my sister are her only close family relatives left and we are both in australia, her brother lives about 100 miles from her and her other brother in america. they are both 70+ would she be eligible for the remaining relative visa?

Unfortunately it is not possible to sponsor a parent for a remaining relative visa, plus she would not qualify if she has a brother in the UK. The RR visa is also being axed. Also it is only possible to get a bridging visa if she applied for the Aged Parent visa onshore. Not sure about processing times. I believe the onshore visa was taking about 7-8 years and I have heard that the offshore one was also taking this time recently. However, no-one really knows what will happen now that the visa is being axed.

Hi all, I am in deep trouble. Please help me. DIAC has given me 28 days to submit all the documents and out of which 10 days have already gone. I have to get my passport reissued and then get my police clearance certificate done and this would take approx 60 to 90 days. Will DIAC give me so much extension of time? I have submitted all other documents. I am really tensed. I have no idea about how much extension at the most does DIAC give to people. Please help me if you are aware of this or if anyone has gone through similar case.

I know I am repeating the issue but I haven't yet heard of any approximate time of extension from any forum member.

Hi all, I am in deep trouble. Please help me. DIAC has given me 28 days to submit all the documents and out of which 10 days have already gone. I have to get my passport reissued and then get my police clearance certificate done and this would take approx 60 to 90 days. Will DIAC give me so much extension of time? I have submitted all other documents. I am really tensed. I have no idea about how much extension at the most does DIAC give to people. Please help me if you are aware of this or if anyone has gone through similar case.

I know I am repeating the issue but I haven't yet heard of any approximate time of extension from any forum member.

Hi Blueray

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems processing your documents

If you are based in the UK , it is possible to obtain a replacement passport at short notice by contacting your nearest Passport Office(the addresses are available on the internet by inputting your post code) and telephoning them to arrange an appointment

As regards the police check timescale it is also possible to have it completed in 2 working days from the receipt of the application by them, so probably about 5 days in all. This premium service costs £80 as against the standard £45

hope this helps

cheers Barry

Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of filling out form 40 for my mum's 143 application but the amount of paperwork one has to go through is ridiculous! I can only afford to sponsor my mum at the moment and my dad will have to follow after a few years. I have the following questions for everyone though and hopefully someone will be able to answer them.

1)From what I understand, the 143 visa can be lodged from Aus but you wont be entitled to a bridging visa-Is that correct? Only reason being if we had to lodge it offshore, she has to leave the country, move flights etc-Too much of a hassle! Ie. It is fine to lodge in Australia..just no bridging visa...and she will be able to come back as a tourist whilst the visa is being processed.

2)My mum has been here on an eletronic travel authority (601) but there is no visa number attached to it(I think-on her document there's no visa number). What should I put for that on the form as it asks for a visa number??

3)I'm not an Australian citizen but PR.....Should I put country of residence as Australia or the country that I am a citizen of? I'm guessing Australia because it says residence and not citizenship. (I am working full time here)

4)In the character part of form 80 (Part L), it asks if anyone included in the application has served in the military force before. Does 'anyone included' in the application include the extended family? Ie. uncle and aunties listed on the form. Or is it just the person(s) applying for the migration? Which in this case is my mother.

5)Same question goes for evidence of divorce for anyone included in the application. My parents are married but my aunties and uncles are divorced. Do I have to attach evidence of that too? Or does that pertain only to my parents?

Thank you very much everyone for your advice!

Hi Blueray

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems processing your documents

If you are based in the UK , it is possible to obtain a replacement passport at short notice by contacting your nearest Passport Office(the addresses are available on the internet by inputting your post code) and telephoning them to arrange an appointment

As regards the police check timescale it is also possible to have it completed in 2 working days from the receipt of the application by them, so probably about 5 days in all. This premium service costs £80 as against the standard £45

hope this helps

cheers Barry

Thanks Barry001 for your reply. No, I am not in the UK and that is why I have mentioned I need 60 to 90 days to sort out this issue. I hope I will get some time from my CO.