Guest guest36187

Good news, after 9 months absence the visa queue for the 301 is now updating, only 11400 before us now, another six years I reckon,

Take care with the queue date calculator! The calculator for the 804 (Aged Parent) visa was completely out of action for the same 9 months. It is now generating numbers again but there is something fishy about the numbers. For example, it says that there are still 400 people in front of me which would suggest that I have about another year to wait. In fact, I reached the front of the queue in September last year and actually got the visa in December. Total waiting time was a little over seven years even though the immi.gov site says that the waiting time for this visa is thirteen years or so.

Cheers

Hi just wondering if anyone could help with some information. I have the 173 visa and planned to apply for the 143 in June before the price hike in July but I have seen somewhere that the fees went up last week. I cant find anywhere how much they have increased. Would be grateful if anyone came across a link or anything that would help. Best of luck to you all waiting, its hard going but you'll forget all the grief and worry once you get here, its a great life.

Good news an APPG (All Party Parliamentary Group) was launched today in the Palace of Westminster robustly supported by some high profile politicians this is great news for us all pop on over to http://pensionjustice.org or join them on face book to get behind them & keep up to date with developments. I'm not in the least bit interested in politics but this one affects all our futures.

Phoebe

Thanks for that Andrew, really disappointed the fee to change from the 173 to the 143 has gone up $2,420 and was not due to change until July was hoping to get in before that hike. No real issues with the cost of living, but I'm working and the wages are good here so it balances out. The big thing here is the rent, but I'm lucky enough at the moment am living rent free with my son. Have been lucky too to have met some of the other people from this site and made good friends out here. Thanks again.

Take care with the queue date calculator! The calculator for the 804 (Aged Parent) visa was completely out of action for the same 9 months. It is now generating numbers again but there is something fishy about the numbers. For example, it says that there are still 400 people in front of me which would suggest that I have about another year to wait. In fact, I reached the front of the queue in September last year and actually got the visa in December. Total waiting time was a little over seven years even though the immi.gov site says that the waiting time for this visa is thirteen years or so.

Cheers

That's really good news and thank you for letting us know, our date is 24 September 2010 so we'll keep our fingers crossed that we'll be on the last stretch quiet a bit earlier than we thought.

Pat

That's really good news and thank you for letting us know, our date is 24 September 2010 so we'll keep our fingers crossed that we'll be on the last stretch quiet a bit earlier than we thought.

Pat

The latest information I have is that they are currently (April 2014) processing people with queue dates in March 2008 but that will probably use up the allocation for 2013-14. The allocation for 2014-15 will be announced in the budget in July. Stick with it! The wait will be over before you know it.

Cheers

Hi guys,

although registered on here a while ago I've only just started the process of emigrating. Just wondering if anyone out there can answer a few quick questions for me?

Bit of back ground info first. I'm a registered nurse who is going to hopefully be emigrating out to Oz this time next year. There will be myself and my 12 yr old daughter only. I'm a single mum. Saying that after my two years are up we are planning on my parents (they will both be 71yrs by then) coming out on the CPV. No point even looking at the non CPV as it's far too long to wait. Finally the only person left here then will be my brother so he will come out on the last remaining relative visa...that's the big plan for all of us over the next few years anyway.

So here are the few questions I have. I would love mum and dad to be a part of my life in oz whilst we have to wait for my first two years to be up before we can apply for them to come on the CPV. I know as UK citizens that we are allowed to apply for long stay tourist visa for up to 12 months. Does anyone know if they can come out on a long term tourist visa then, before it's up, apply for another 12 months visa and so on until they have their CPV granted? I know in America and Canada as long as you leave the country for two-three weeks I think, then you can re-enter again. Does this same thing happen with Oz? The problem I have is my dad will not fly. He's told me to be with us he will only do it once. I was hoping that if the above is acceptable to the Australian government/immigration then they could take themselves off by ferry to New Zealand for a holiday each time. I don't want to risk messing the Australian immigration about and risk the chance of them applying for their CPV. if I know the facts then we will just have to plan around them.

Whatever the outcome they would be living with me either way. I'd hopefully be renting then buying a house that has an annex or granny flat to it. At their age I can not expect them to get a place of their own. It just wouldn't be feasible. They will however have the means to pay their way as in food etc as they will still be drawing their pension and they will have some funds from the sale of their house here thus they can fund themselves during the tourist visa phase and then once they have their CVP. It's a matter of weighing up if they should sell up and do the tourist visa thing until the CPV is granted.

Hope I've not confused anyone and sorry for the long winded message. I do really appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks again...Leanne xx

Hi Nannychris,

It should be possible to emigrate and there are different visa's that you can apply for. As you are both over 65 you can apply for the aged parent visa 804 but I think the waiting list is quite long for that one (13 years???). An alternative is the Aged Parent Contributory 864 visa but that is very costly. I also think it should be possible for you to go to Australia on a Tourist Visa 600 and then apply for the 804 whilst you are there. This will then allow you to stay on a Bridging Visa C until the Visa 804 is approved although it does not allow you to join Medicare so you need to take out private medical cover whilst you are waiting. You may want to take expert advice from a migration agent to verify that I am right in my understanding but I have done quite a lot of research so hopefully I am not misleading you. A couple of links to the relevant visa sites are below for your info.

As for the pro's & con's I can't really help as we are not in Oz yet and are going through the same thought processes but basically the main obvious benefits are that you are near your family and the weather is probably better with the downside probably being the cost of living but of course the latter depends upon each individuals financial position.

Hope this helps

Andrew

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/804.aspx

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/030.aspx

Any advice most welcome. All family now in NSW none left in UK. Is it possible for me(65) and husband (71) to emigrate. Any advice on pros n cons??

You probably qualify for the Aged Parent visa (class 804), Contributory Aged Parent visa (class 864) or Contributory Aged Parent visa (Temporary, class 884). The pros and cons of these visas are a trade-off between cost and waiting time. The contributory visas (864 and 884) are expensive, but the waiting time is fairly short (about 18 months for the 864 I believe). Current costs and conditions for the 864 visa are here

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/864.aspx

Cost is about $100,000 for a couple. The 884 visa allows you to postpone some of this cost for two years

The 804 visa is less than one tenth of the cost but the waiting time is currently 7 - 8 years (NOT 13 years as it says on the immi.gov website).

Details are here

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/804.aspx

For either of these visas you must apply while you are already in Australia. What most people do is to come and visit their relatives on tourist visas (with a return ticket) and take a look around to see if they like it here. If they do like it they can change their minds about going back home and apply for one of the Aged Parent visas. If the application is OK then they will get a bridging visa A which will allow them to stay in Australia until the substantive application is settled one way or the other. During the waiting period it is possible to visit back to the UK occasionally. The procedure is fairly straightforward but if you have doubts about it then by all means consult a registered migration agent - there are plenty of them on this site who are eager to help (at a cost of course). I recently completed the whole process for the 804 visa without problems.

Cheers

Edited by johnbshepherd
Checked cost for 864 visa

Any advice most welcome. All family now in NSW none left in UK. Is it possible for me(65) and husband (71) to emigrate. Any advice on pros n cons??

Hello Nannychris.

The factsheets at this webpage which discuss the subclass 804 Aged Parent visa and Bridging Visas might be of interest:

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/factsheets/

Best regards.

Hi everyone, with reference to issue of HAP id's. We requested our HAP id's on March 9using IMMI's referencing system - we requested our HAP id''s by including HAPLTR and our file reference in the subject matter. (Our a Acknowledgement letter stipulated that we could proceed with our medicals after 14th June ) On 20th March would you believe they supplied us with the HAP.

We are CPV 143 applicants. Cheers and good luck to all those still waiting.

I have finally been able to access the online waiting list for the 103 visa ... there are only 22000 people ahead of us :-) Just as well we aren't in a position to migrate at the moment ... I calculate the waiting time on that number to be about fourteen years!

I think when we are free of responsibilities in this country and in a position to move we are going to have to cough up like many others on this site. What I don't understand is why the aged parent visa (onshore) has a shorter waiting time?

Good luck everyone still waiting!:biggrin:

I have finally been able to access the online waiting list for the 103 visa ... there are only 22000 people ahead of us :-) Just as well we aren't in a position to migrate at the moment ... I calculate the waiting time on that number to be about fourteen years!

I think when we are free of responsibilities in this country and in a position to move we are going to have to cough up like many others on this site. What I don't understand is why the aged parent visa (onshore) has a shorter waiting time?

Good luck everyone still waiting!:biggrin:

It could be because the queue date calculator is inaccurate. In January this year they were processing 103 applicants with queue dates in December 2006. This suggests that the waiting time for the 103 visa is only a few months longer than the waiting time for the 804. Perhaps we could hear from someone who recently got the 103 visa.

Added later

I've checked my source and the above is not quite correct. In January they were processing 804 applications with queue dates in January 2008. For the 103 visa they were processing people with queue dates in December 2007. This means that the waiting times for the two visas are almost identical at the moment.

Cheers

Edited by johnbshepherd