Guest guest36187

Hey all, just an FYI - I rang the Department of Immigration today and got connected to the parent applications team. They informed me that applications put through in December 2012 are being assessed at the moment. However, the automated emails say January 2013. So not sure which one's right. Maybe they have set the automated emails to Jan 2013 inadvance cause there's not many applications put through in Dec 2012? Oh well.. waiting game yet!

We have just had confirmation that our 143 initial payment has been taken by the Australian Governemnt, but with the tax receipt the following message was included. "The accompanying email advises:

"Due to the high volume of applications received, we are currently taking approximately 4 months to register an application and send the acknowledgement letter. The formal acknowledgement of the application will be sent as soon as possible. As applications are considered based on the lodgement date, the delay in registering the application will not affect the processing time for a decision on the application."

Hi all,

Very quick question: Is is possible to apply for the 143 online? The only statement I can see on the website is: "Lodge your application by post or courier to the Perth office - attention the Parent Visa Centre." Is physical mailing the only way to apply for a parent visa?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi all,

Very quick question: Is is possible to apply for the 143 online? The only statement I can see on the website is: "Lodge your application by post or courier to the Perth office - attention the Parent Visa Centre." Is physical mailing the only way to apply for a parent visa?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon

Although new to all of this I have read and read the immi website and it is clear to me that you cannot lodge a 143 online it has to be hard copy and sent together with your sponsors form40, and of course payment!!

Hope this helps.

Although new to all of this I have read and read the immi website and it is clear to me that you cannot lodge a 143 online it has to be hard copy and sent together with your sponsors form40, and of course payment!!

Thanks! That's what I thought. My parents are hoping to lodge their application before the end of the month. We all assumed you could do it online.

You're welcome, I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me!

We're hoping to lodge ours as soon as we get some medic al answers (it's complicated).

Good luck to you and your parents with it.

Perhaps you/they could let me know how their application progresses - timescales etc?

Hi everyone I am just looking for some advice please. I am going for pr with my husband and children. My question is I would love to take my mum and dad with me I am just not sure if they would be allowed to come. My dad has medical issues which means my mum is his carer. Would they be allowed to live with us?

Edited by manchester lass
persobal

We have just had confirmation that our 143 initial payment has been taken by the Australian Governemnt, but with the tax receipt the following message was included. "The accompanying email advises:

"Due to the high volume of applications received, we are currently taking approximately 4 months to register an application and send the acknowledgement letter. The formal acknowledgement of the application will be sent as soon as possible. As applications are considered based on the lodgement date, the delay in registering the application will not affect the processing time for a decision on the application."

Thanx Alan, I had posted a question on this as we are too waiting for our acknowledgement. This has given me the answer we were looking for. Thank you and good luck to you in your application.

Manchester lass - it depends what the medical issues are - see previous recent posts on this subject. Possibly an agent could help you? From what I have grasped in the past, its all down to how much money any individual is likely to cost Australia in medical expenses - too high a figure and they'll say no. That wouldn't stop your parents from visiting for up to a year at a time but I believe that once you pass 75 you have to pass a medical to just visit ( I could be wrong though, I would check this.)

We met a couple one time who habitually alternated six months in Adelaide with six months in Sheffield. If you are in receipt of a UK state pension though, any period of longer than three months outside the UK has to be notified to the dept of work and pensions. If you look at back posts on here (try searching with terms like 'health issues visa' there is masses of information. Good luck with it all.

Manchester lass - it depends what the medical issues are - see previous recent posts on this subject. Possibly an agent could help you? From what I have grasped in the past, its all down to how much money any individual is likely to cost Australia in medical expenses - too high a figure and they'll say no. That wouldn't stop your parents from visiting for up to a year at a time but I believe that once you pass 75 you have to pass a medical to just visit ( I could be wrong though, I would check this.)

We met a couple one time who habitually alternated six months in Adelaide with six months in Sheffield. If you are in receipt of a UK state pension though, any period of longer than three months outside the UK has to be notified to the dept of work and pensions. If you look at back posts on here (try searching with terms like 'health issues visa' there is masses of information. Good luck with it all.

Fisher1, you are absolutely correct with regard to 75 year olds having to do a medical before being granted any sort of tourist visa, even if you are only popping off a cruise liner in Sydney for a couple of days!! We have just today had our medicals done for the 143 visa, and we were given this information.

Also, the 143 visas are now being sent electronically by the panel doctor. We completed the two forms required plus attaching photos etc even though our acknowledgement letter sent in August 2013 stated that they could only be sent by post. Apparently the UK is now 100% electronic for these visas.

Have done this in haste so if there is anything that is clear not please do ask for more info.

Fisher1, you are absolutely correct with regard to 75 year olds having to do a medical before being granted any sort of tourist visa, even if you are only popping off a cruise liner in Sydney for a couple of days!! We have just today had our medicals done for the 143 visa, and we were given this information.

Also, the 143 visas are now being sent electronically by the panel doctor. We completed the two forms required plus attaching photos etc even though our acknowledgement letter sent in August 2013 stated that they could only be sent by post. Apparently the UK is now 100% electronic for these visas.

Have done this in haste so if there is anything that is clear not please do ask for more info.

Hi

Re application for tourist visa 651 (evisitor)

the above visa is valid for 1 year and you can enter Australia as many times as you wish but with a maximum stay of 3 months per occasion

I am aged 77 , UK Passport holder and applied online for this visa, as I have done for several years. This visa is free and there are no medicals questions or a requirement to undertake a medical examination

The visa is granted instantaneously online and the last time I renewed this visa was in March of this year

Has this ruling just come into force because I have been unable to find any references to this on the DIAC or DIBP websites ?

Regards Barry

Edited by Barry001

Hi

Re application for tourist visa 651 (evisitor)

the above visa is valid for 1 year and you can enter Australia as many times as you wish but with a maximum stay of 3 months per occasion

I am aged 77 , UK Passport holder and applied online for this visa, as I have done for several years. This visa is free and there are no medicals questions or a requirement to undertake a medical examination

The visa is granted instantaneously online and the last time I renewed this visa was in March of this year

Has this ruling just come into force because I have been unable to find any references to this on the DIAC or DIBP websites ?

Regards Barry

Sorry Barry, I don't know if this is a new thing, only repeating what the panel doctor told me. The nurse referred to people "popping in off a cruise" and needing medicals. Also, I'm sure I have read this somewhere on one of these sites, which drew my attention to it. As Immi seem to change the rules quite frequently, and there have been changes recently, but who knows, just have to keep on reading stuff up I guess!! I'm sure someone else on here will come up with an answer. Sorry my answer is not more definite. Carob

Hi, good luck with your 143 visa, we have just lodged ours, can I ask what the medicals actually consist of please?

Hello Alan. All pretty straightforward really, no surprises, for us at least. Photocopies were taken for passports (the HAP numbers and some information were taken down when I made the appointment). X-ray's, blood tests, basic eye test (read a letter as indicated from each line). See the panel doctor and discuss medical history and any medication (I took this info with me). Took just over an hour. Have a coffee, reel out after paying for the medicals, go and have a tasty lunch. Hope this helps, really no problems, even though we are well past retirement age, but apparently not the oldest they have seen, that was someone in their 90's!! Carob

Hello Alan. All pretty straightforward really, no surprises, for us at least. Photocopies were taken for passports (the HAP numbers and some information were taken down when I made the appointment). X-ray's, blood tests, basic eye test (read a letter as indicated from each line). See the panel doctor and discuss medical history and any medication (I took this info with me). Took just over an hour. Have a coffee, reel out after paying for the medicals, go and have a tasty lunch. Hope this helps, really no problems, even though we are well past retirement age, but apparently not the oldest they have seen, that was someone in their 90's!! Carob

Thanks Carob, we appreciate you taking the time to reply. Can I ask what HAP numbers are? And also what you had for lunch! :wink:

My dad passed away very recently and I'd like to bring mum (who is alone) over on an aged parent contributory visa. She is 82, health is ok (no diabetes/blood pressure/heart problems etc). Just age related problems (had a fall and fractured her spine4 years ago, fracture has healed but she suffers from constant back ache and is on pain killers).

Could you please advise which visa would be the quickest way to bring her over, how long would it take for such a visa (either temporary 2 year or permanent contributory) to be granted, if she meets all other visa requirements. Would appreciate any advice. Also, I am more than happy to seek the services of an agent, if that would help speed up the entire process. Thanks.

Sorry Alan I can't remember what HAP stands for, apart from it being a Health Identifier. I am sure someone will come up with the answer for you. As I understand it, you are a recent visa applicant, so in theory you will not get the number until you are further down the road. Our 143's were lodged in June 2013 and acknowledged in the August. I didn't ask about our HAP's until early May this year, and was very fortunate to get an immediate response, unlike some other people. I think I just timed it right. When it comes to it for you, there is a code needed to get a reply, there again I can't remember what it is, I'll try to find it, but hopefully someone will be quicker off the mark to let you know. All the best, this is a great site for info. Carob

Thanks Carob, we appreciate you taking the time to reply. Can I ask what HAP numbers are? And also what you had for lunch! :wink:[/QUO

Hi

HAP means Health Assessment Portal and the number that goes with it is provided by Perth immi and used to log on to the eHealth site when you reach the stage of arranging a health examination

cheers Barry

ps I am pretty certain that HAP Id s now forms part of the info provided in the application acknowledgement letter

Edited by Barry001

Hey guys, i have finally completed my medicals and pcc , everything done and clear. Now my next step is of Aos- i already sent my daughter all details ..but im not getting the aos letter part ? do we get a letter from pvc or we can write our own to declare assurer ? :P and can anyone tell me , where pvc have reached with their applications ? i just cant wait anymore aha.