Guest guest36187

hi guys,

Quick question. I'm sending off my mum's 143 paperwork tomorrow but how long does it take for the department to deduct the payment from my credit card?

Thanks everyone!

They take payment pretty quickly but don't acknowledge receipt until much later...I've heard its taking them 4 months to acknowledge receipt.

Edited by Lou8670

Hi Lou8670, I'm relatively new here, so bear with me please :-) We lodged our 143 application 24 June 2014 (very exciting!!) and I see you mention your MIL had some sort of confirmation not long after lodging it. I don't think I've heard that before, I've only heard of the formal acknowledgement which I understand may take up to 6 months? Mind if I ask how the confirmation was received, by e-mail perhaps? I'm guessing it was a very basic acknowledgement? Many thanks, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this thread, so helpful and great to know we are not alone!!

Cheers

Hi Amanda

They confirmed they'd received it 2 September but I don't think they confirmed it until November/ December, and only after she chased them several times!!!

Thank you very much Steve2. I wish you good luck.

Thanks Blueray, it's going to be a long and bumpy ride I reckon, I suppose we just have to try and put it to the back of our minds for a few months now we've lodged it.

Regard

Steve2

Edited by Steve2

Thanks Blueray, it's going to be a long and bunny ride I reckon, I suppose we just have to try and put it to the back of our minds for a few months now we've lodged it.

Regard

Steve2

Hi Steve2 I will share my experience with you. I had applied January'13 end, filled up all required forms and certified copies of all documents. Posted through my son in Australia. My son's credit card was debited in Feb end. I waited for the acknowledgment and started chasing them March beginning, March end I received acknowledgment. I simply forgot about the visa. I spent maximum time in Australia. Received request for medical in May, had some issues with passport, sorted it out and sent medical and PCC. Immediately received pre-grant letter and 2nd VAC request. I already had money ready in Australia. My son made the Bank cheque and posted it. I received my visa after 8 days.

Yours is 143, so it may take 2/3 months extra. If you have applied in June'14 , you will receive acknowledgment in September/october....if not then September end , you can send enquiry through web. You will also receive request for PCC, medical and AOS which you need to do after 10 months.It is always better to do get medical done once the CO requests and AOS after the medical. Medical takes one day as these days it is E-medical that the doctors upload instantly. Wait for few days ....if there is any issue DIBP will inform you immediately. Then go for AOS....if the proper process of AOS is followed I do not think it will take much time. Once these are done , you will receive 2nd VAC request. As soon as they receive your 2nd VAC payment your visa will be granted. you can expect for all these at least 20 months from your application or 18 months from acknowledgement date, that is my experience. Until Nov/Dec'15. it is always better to expect late than being impatient. I expected my visa to come in November and I got it in July.

Hope this helps you. If you want to know about anything please feel free to ask. I had couple of issues and I have communicated with DIBP number of times.

Edited by Blueray

Hi Amanda

They confirmed they'd received it 2 September but I don't think they confirmed it until November/ December, and only after she chased them several times!!!

Hi Lou, thanks for the info, always good to know of others experience so we know we are okay. I'm pretty patient which is just as well in this process :-). I think I need to give it until at least end of September before chasing it up. Time seems to pass so fast these days so it'll be here before we know I'm sure.

Cheers, Amanda

Hi Steve2 I will share my experience with you. I had applied January'13 end, filled up all required forms and certified copies of all documents. Posted through my son in Australia. My son's credit card was debited in Feb end. I waited for the acknowledgment and started chasing them March beginning, March end I received acknowledgment. I simply forgot about the visa. I spent maximum time in Australia. Received request for medical in May, had some issues with passport, sorted it out and sent medical and PCC. Immediately received pre-grant letter and 2nd VAC request. I already had money ready in Australia. My son made the Bank cheque and posted it. I received my visa after 8 days.

Yours is 143, so it may take 2/3 months extra. If you have applied in June'14 , you will receive acknowledgment in September/october....if not then September end , you can send enquiry through web. You will also receive request for PCC, medical and AOS which you need to do after 10 months.It is always better to do get medical done once the CO requests and AOS after the medical. Medical takes one day as these days it is E-medical that the doctors upload instantly. Wait for few days ....if there is any issue DIBP will inform you immediately. Then go for AOS....if the proper process of AOS is followed I do not think it will take much time. Once these are done , you will receive 2nd VAC request. As soon as they receive your 2nd VAC payment your visa will be granted. you can expect for all these at least 20 months from your application or 18 months from acknowledgement date, that is my experience. Until Nov/Dec'15. it is always better to expect late than being impatient. I expected my visa to come in November and I got it in July.

Hope this helps you. If you want to know about anything please feel free to ask. I had couple of issues and I have communicated with DIBP number of times.

Thanks for this info Blueray, it is helpful.

I expect I'll be in touch with more questions sooner or later.

Steve2

Hi Lou, thanks for the info, always good to know of others experience so we know we are okay. I'm pretty patient which is just as well in this process :-). I think I need to give it until at least end of September before chasing it up. Time seems to pass so fast these days so it'll be here before we know I'm sure.

Cheers, Amanda

Hi all

I think that the phrase "patience is a virtue" was made for our visa applications!

I wish I was blessed with patience.

Regards

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever been told their medical was successful ? It appears you wait until you are allocated a CO. ( 6months) . Having paid nearly £300 you would think you were entitled to know one way or another. I suppose if there was an issue you would get to know very quickly. Living in hope everything is ok.

mY daughters were born in WA,80 and 81.i returned to UK due to family .now im on my own,would love to return.can anyone advise where to start.i have my own property,and funds my father left me.so i dont want to be dependant on them.

i shall be qualified in accounts next yr.

We met someone on our travels who had been in a similar position to you - I remember they said their previous residence didn't count once they had been out of the oz for (I think) four years and they had to start from scratch as sponsored parents.

I guess you didn't take nationality when you were resident? If both your daughters are Aus nationals you I wouldn't have thought there'd be a problem with the balance of family test. Get them to sponsor you. You can download the application form for a parents visa from the au gov website. Visa options listed many times on here, but remember that all the non-contributory parent visas have now been phased out.

Good luck!

Hi Freya, I am in a similar position to you (youngest son was born in Perth in '87) and I have two Aus citizen sons, my eldest having obtained it by Descent, from his father. Fisher1 is correct, if you did not gain citizenship nor return within 5 years (I think) then, (unless compelling circumstances can be proven), you do need to start from scratch which I am also doing - much to my dismay (those fees!! that process!!). So, you're not alone in your endeavour to return under those circumstances, and I know that for me, and my husband, the contributory parent visa is the only choice. However, do perhaps check the Accountancy qualification? I am not familiar with working/sponsor visas but an agent would be able to assist (there seems to be an age requirement though). Good luck!!!

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever been told their medical was successful ? It appears you wait until you are allocated a CO. ( 6months) . Having paid nearly £300 you would think you were entitled to know one way or another. I suppose if there was an issue you would get to know very quickly. Living in hope everything is ok.

Wow I can answer my own question !!!!!!! We sent an enquiry to parents@immi.gov.au asking how we could determine how and when the results of our medicals would be communicated to us. We received an email this morning as follows :

I can confirm that we have received your health results electronically and they satisfy our requirements. Had there been any issues you would have received a letter from Global Heath Section. Asking you to attend your GP and explain why.

Hope this helps others in the same position

our medicals were on the 26th June

Edited by Veronique

Wow I can answer my own question !!!!!!! We sent an enquiry to parents@immi.gov.au asking how we could determine how and when the results of our medicals would be communicated to us. We received an email this morning as follows :

I can confirm that we have received your health results electronically and they satisfy our requirements. Had there been any issues you would have received a letter from Global Heath Section. Asking you to attend your GP and explain why.

Does anyone know what month applications are CO's assessing for 143 at this stage?

Hi Veronique,

Thats great news....getting very close now good luck with it all, we are right behind you ha ha ha

Tab

Hi

in the auto reply received on Monday of this week, PVC said they are assessing 143s lodged in January 2013

Thanks Veronique, yes they've been assessing Jan 2013 applications for nearly a month now and my dad's lodgement date is 16th Jan 2013, but we still haven't heard anything. Going to wait till 16th July 2013 and then email them asking the status cause it'll be exactly 18 months then. The wait is soooo frustrating!!

Guest piramida

Hello to everyone,

I did not been here long time. I was so busy when I come in Australia. It was very stressful everything. The most problem is how to find job. Now I start to thinking about another our problem about visa subclass 143. Please if anyone can help me and tell me when we have to applying for that visa. Can we wait after full two years after subclass visa 173, or we have to apply early. Which Form we have to use, and what else we need to do.

Thank you

guys my acknowledgement date is april 12 ..so any guess how time it would take to get co assigned ? the wait is killing me lol

Hi

According to the auto reply email from WA PVC just this week visa 173 to 143 takes 8 months to assign a CO from the date of LODGEMENT of the application (not acknowledgement date)

If applying for the 143 without going through the visa 173 route ,again WA PVC auto reply is quoting 18 months from lodgement date to. assigning a CO

Cheers

Hi, I applied for the 143 visa about 5 weeks ago, I have the 173 and my son got mail from WA PVC this week to lodge the AOS $10k within the the next 14 days, am surprised I thought that request would come just before grant of the 143.

Hi Fran, if he is going to Wynnum you might have to ask IMMI for a bit longer. They took ages when my daughter did our AoS. He needs to tell them that there is a time limit. Glad you're nearly there though.

Take care, Val x

Hi, I applied for the 143 visa about 5 weeks ago, I have the 173 and my son got mail from WA PVC this week to lodge the AOS $10k within the the next 14 days, am surprised I thought that request would come just before grant of the 143.

Hi Fran, the part of the process which involves Centrelink is what takes the time, you will be frustrated at how slow they will be at processing your AOS. Just email PVC in 14 days time and explain that you have made contact with Centrelink, and that the AOS process has begun. So long as you keep them in the loop, you'll be fine. Ours took 7 months altogether, and no amount of phone calls speeded up the process. Centrelink are slow.....end of!!

Val x

Guest piramida

Hi again,

I have subclass 173. Please can anyone tell me which form is for subclass 143 and can I wait full two years and then apply for 143. Thank you very much

Hi again,

I have subclass 173. Please can anyone tell me which form is for subclass 143 and can I wait full two years and then apply for 143. Thank you very much

Hi

The form to use for a 143 when already in possession of 173 is Form 47PT

In question 2 on that form it sets out time constraints relative to the 173 grant date or entry date into Australia

cheers Barry

Edited by Barry001