Guest guest36187

Can anybody tell me how long it is taking for Perth to take the 1st vac for the 143 visa?

Yeah, I'd like to know too. I sent my mum's application in on 3rd July and it was received on the 9th and there's been no acknowledgement since?? Is that normal??

Yeah, I'd like to know too. I sent my mum's application in on 3rd July and it was received on the 9th and there's been no acknowledgement since?? Is that normal??

Hi

the only way to know that Perth have received your application is to monitor regularly the account which you requested the 1st VAC to be charged to

this time last year, our 1st VAC was taken from our account after about 2 weeks. At the moment I think one has to wait about 4 months for the actual acknowledgement of the application

Not a very satisfactory arrangement , to say the least

cheers

Hi

the only way to know that Perth have received your application is to monitor regularly the account which you requested the 1st VAC to be charged to

this time last year, our 1st VAC was taken from our account after about 2 weeks. At the moment I think one has to wait about 4 months for the actual acknowledgement of the application

Not a very satisfactory arrangement , to say the least

cheers

Hi Barry

Thanks for your reply.

It's not very impressive, all we want to know at this stage is that our application has hit someones desk and the only way appears to be is when they take the 1st vac, which they haven't done after 3 weeks now.

Once we know that it is being looked at we understand tah we'll have to wait in line for the acknowledgement, CO allocation etc.

Regards

Steve

They take ages to acknowledge receipt. We applied for a 103 last year, sent the forms in February, finally got acknowledgement in May. Good luck!

Hi Fisher1

It's all stress, we just want to know they've looked at it and taken the 1st vac, then we know we know the long wait starts!

Regards

Steve

I received an email from Parent Visa Center Perth today in reply to an enquiry about forwarding some documents, saying that due to an unprecedented number of applications in May and June they are presently receipting applications lodged on 30 May ! (This was not a generic email reply). Hope this gives an idea of what to expect.....

I know, Steve, I know. I was checking my emails every five minutes at the time - our daughter paid the fee on our behalf and for convenience used some sort of money order (didn't really understand why ) Anyway, whatever her thinking, it meant we couldn't even check a visa bill to see if the money had been taken, and who by ... I kept thinking our application had been intercepted and imagining some identity thief beavering away in a loft somewhere, stealing our entire lives. Horrible. You'd think they could just send you an email to confirm - its not a lot to ask for £3000!

Hope you hear soon.

Guest geordie joe

Hi all,

I sent off my 143 application on the 4th July so I'm a little behind you guys. I agree it's very frustrating but I'm also rather anxious as I have a horrible feeling my bank will automatically reject the payment. I phoned them to let them know about the debit due only to be told the system may reject it as it an out of character charge on the credit card account. Even though I have made them aware they are telling me they cannot override the system and I will need to wait and see if it's rejected. But the good news is the bank will text me if it is rejected so I can let them know it's a legitimate payment and when it's reapplied for they will then accept it. I can't wait to receive that text in the middle of the night and email the immigration dept asking them to resubmit the payment request immediately. I can feel my application slipping to the bottom of the pile at that point and the vicious circle will begin again.

yours

a rather anxious

Joe

I received an email from Parent Visa Center Perth today in reply to an enquiry about forwarding some documents, saying that due to an unprecedented number of applications in May and June they are presently receipting applications lodged on 30 May ! (This was not a generic email reply). Hope this gives an idea of what to expect.....

Thanks for this.

Regards

Steve

Hi all,

I sent off my 143 application on the 4th July so I'm a little behind you guys. I agree it's very frustrating but I'm also rather anxious as I have a horrible feeling my bank will automatically reject the payment. I phoned them to let them know about the debit due only to be told the system may reject it as it an out of character charge on the credit card account. Even though I have made them aware they are telling me they cannot override the system and I will need to wait and see if it's rejected. But the good news is the bank will text me if it is rejected so I can let them know it's a legitimate payment and when it's reapplied for they will then accept it. I can't wait to receive that text in the middle of the night and email the immigration dept asking them to resubmit the payment request immediately. I can feel my application slipping to the bottom of the pile at that point and the vicious circle will begin again.

yours

a rather anxious

Joe

Hi Joe

Yes we are expecting exactly the same thing to happen!

Regards

Steve

I know, Steve, I know. I was checking my emails every five minutes at the time - our daughter paid the fee on our behalf and for convenience used some sort of money order (didn't really understand why ) Anyway, whatever her thinking, it meant we couldn't even check a visa bill to see if the money had been taken, and who by ... I kept thinking our application had been intercepted and imagining some identity thief beavering away in a loft somewhere, stealing our entire lives. Horrible. You'd think they could just send you an email to confirm - its not a lot to ask for £3000!

Hope you hear soon.

Hi Fisher1

Yes I know the feeling, we have our kids to thank for all this stress and worry!

Regards

Steve

Anyone lodged their CPV in May/Jun last year? Did you get a CO? When I asked the parent center over the phone, they just gave me a standard "2 years" answer. Also, is a CPV 173 picked up any faster than a CPV 143? Thanks.

Hi,

well we did ours in July last year had an email a while ago stating wait til Oct/Nov to get medicals etc done as wont be getting a CO before Dec.....

Tab

Anyone lodged their CPV in May/Jun last year? Did you get a CO? When I asked the parent center over the phone, they just gave me a standard "2 years" answer. Also, is a CPV 173 picked up any faster than a CPV 143? Thanks.

Hi If you email WA Parents with no subject and just put "hi" in the text, you will receive within a few minutes an auto reply which sets out the timelines for the various visa plus other info

cheers

Looks like things have slowed down quite a bit. On a side-note, does anyone know if a 173 holder would be granted bridging while the 173 to 143 application is processed?

Barry001, thanks for the tip.

Hi again

I thought the whole point ,somebody correct me if I am wrong, granting of the 173 entitles you to remain in OZ as long as you apply for the 143 within 2 years of your first entry into OZ on the 173 so a bridging visa is, as I understand it, not required

cheers

Edited by Barry001

That is new information to me. Looking at the immi site:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/173.aspx

How long your visa lasts

This visa lets you live in Australia for two years from the date you first enter Australia. It cannot be extended or renewed.

Applying for a permanent visa

Once you have been granted a Contributory Parent (temporary) visa (subclass 173), you can then apply for a Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143). You must apply before your temporary visa expires.

The way I understood it is: If a 173 can't be extended or renewed then one has to have a valid visa to continue to stay. Either fall back to a visit/ETA visa or a bridging visa while the 173-to-143 is being processed. I may have been mistaken.

How long your visa lasts

This visa lets you live in Australia for two years from the date you first enter Australia. It cannot be extended or renewed.

Once you have been granted a Contributory Parent (temporary) visa (subclass 173), you can then apply for a Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143). You must apply before your temporary visa expires.

The way I understood it is: If a 173 can't be extended or renewed then one has to have a valid visa to continue to stay. Either fall back to a visit/ETA visa or a bridging visa while the 173-to-143 is being processed. I may have been mistaken.

Since you are allowed to submit your application for the 143 right up until your 173 expires I would assume that you would be granted a bridging visa while your 143 is processed. Just to be sure I would contact the Parent visa centre for confirmation

How long your visa lasts

Hi this topic has been discussed on "poms in adelaide" just this month

google "visa173/143. - poms in adelaide "

Hi

I have been inOz for 15mths now and I plan to go back to UK for a holiday next year. I think I remember someone here saying that when we go back we can inform the pension people and claim the increases to the pension, just for the time we are in UK. I just wondered if anybody knew whether this was correct

best wishes Moira

Hi

I have been inOz for 15mths now and I plan to go back to UK for a holiday next year. I think I remember someone here saying that when we go back we can inform the pension people and claim the increases to the pension, just for the time we are in UK. I just wondered if anybody knew whether this was correct

best wishes Moira

Provided you advise the pension service in advance and you are in the UK for 4 weeks or more they will pay you the higher rate.

Ian

Guest geordie joe

Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone who has recently applied for a 143 or 173 visa had the fist VAC payment taken. If so when did you send your application and when was the payment taken.

Regards

Joe

It would be nice wouldn't it if they could fire off a standard email to the address on the application to confirm receipt and next steps. Unfortunately, as said above, it is likely to be several months or more before you receive an acknowledgement so the best way to know they have received your application is to monitor when the visa payment is taken.

For all temporary contributory parent visa applicants here's a little update on my MiLs application. She lodged her application on on 2 September 2013 and the acknowledgement said to undertake her PCC 10 months following and medicals 12 months following lodgement. However, as I'd heard DIAC are not allocating case offers until 18 to 24 months following lodgement I got her to email them asking if she should delay her PCC and meds. They confirmed she should do them in November and December 2014 as they are currently allocating case officers 18 months after lodgement.