Guest guest36187

Hi there, could any lovely parent out there give me any idea on the current processing times for a 173 and an 884 visa?

Hi

Included in an auto reply from WA PVC Perth on the 8 July they said they are at present processing (which I take to mean assigning a Case Officer) contributory parent visa applications lodged in January 2013 -

Having said that , there is an applicant, who just a couple of days ago on this forum,said he had lodged his application on 16 January 2013 but had not heard from WA PVC

Cheers

Barry

Edited by Barry001

Hi

Included in an auto reply from WA PVC Perth on the 8 July they said they are at present processing (which I take to mean assigning a Case Officer) contributory parent visa applications lodged in January 2013 -

Having said that , there is an applicant, who just a couple of days ago on this forum,said he had lodged his application on 16 January 2013 but had not heard from WA PVC

Cheers

Barry

Hey all,

Our migration lawyer just forwarded us an email from WA Paretns saying that our applicatio is about to be assigned to a CO so to get Medicals done and start forwarding originals of the PCC etc. So yay! anyway, so the weird part is in the medical letter, they've inlcluded my mum as the secondary applicant too and have requested for her medicals too. Even though it's just my dad who's the applicant. Is that weird? Also, with medicals, apparently you have to fill out a form with medical history online etc before going for the examination? How does that work?

Thanks,

Priya

Hey all,

Our migration lawyer just forwarded us an email from WA Paretns saying that our applicatio is about to be assigned to a CO so to get Medicals done and start forwarding originals of the PCC etc. So yay! anyway, so the weird part is in the medical letter, they've inlcluded my mum as the secondary applicant too and have requested for her medicals too. Even though it's just my dad who's the applicant. Is that weird? Also, with medicals, apparently you have to fill out a form with medical history online etc before going for the examination? How does that work?

Thanks,

Priya

Good to hear that someone is making progress.

What visa is it that you applied for and may I ask when you lodged it?

Just so that we have an up to date idea of timescales.

Regards

Steve2

Good to hear that someone is making progress.

What visa is it that you applied for and may I ask when you lodged it?

Just so that we have an up to date idea of timescales.

Regards

Steve2

Hi Steve, lodgement date 16/01/2013. The email received isn't from the CO. It's just a prep email telling us that the CO is about to be allocated soon so we should now forward the documents on to DIMIA. Oh and they sent us a medical letter with HAP IDs. Any tips on medicals guys? My dad is a diabetic but not high, border line and takes pills for it.

Hey all,

Thanks,

Priya

Hi Pri

My wife has diabetes, which is controlled by diet and exercise and at the medical last month it did not seem to be an issue of concern and a few days later we found she had been A graded

Has your father logged onto the eMedical site yet for him to input his medical history?

Is he resident in the UK at the moment?

cheers Barry

Hi Pri

My wife has diabetes, which is controlled by diet and exercise and at the medical last month it did not seem to be an issue of concern and a few days later we found she had been A graded

Has your father logged onto the eMedical site yet for him to input his medical history?

Is he resident in the UK at the moment?

cheers Barry

Hi Barry,

Yes he has logged onto the eMedical site and printed the referral. He answered yes to the diabetes question and provided details that it is mild and controlled and privided details of the prescribed medication he has once a day post breakfast. good to know it wasn't an issue for your wife. I'm assuming she declared this as a ''yes'' on the form too? How did you know she was A graded?

Thanks

Hi Barry,

Yes he has logged onto the eMedical site and printed the referral. He answered yes to the diabetes question and provided details that it is mild and controlled and privided details of the prescribed medication he has once a day post breakfast. good to know it wasn't an issue for your wife. I'm assuming she declared this as a ''yes'' on the form too? How did you know she was A graded?

Thanks

Hi again

Yes my wife did declare it on medical history In addition she is also epileptic and on daily medication which she declared and again it did not seem to be an issue

As there was nowhere on any of the Oz immi sites to inform you how the results were communicated to you , I emailed WAPerth about a week after the medical took place and they replied quite quickly that "we are satisfied that you meet the health requirements and that we would have informed you that if there had been any issues we would have contacted you immediately and informed you of the issue and directed you to your own GP"

Edited by Barry001

Guest piramida
Hi

The form to use for a 143 when already in possession of 173 is Form 47PT

In question 2 on that form it sets out time constraints relative to the 173 grant date or entry date into Australia

cheers Barry

Thank you very much for answer. For subclass 173 to 143 it is from the day entry in Australia, but I do not know can I apply when two year finish or early. When is last day that I can apply for subclass 143, and what is process now for that visa

Thank you for any help

Thank you very much for answer. For subclass 173 to 143 it is from the day entry in Australia, but I do not know can I apply when two year finish or early. When is last day that I can apply for subclass 143, and what is process now for that visa

Thank you for any help

Hi Piramida

On form 47PT question 2 it clearly states that there is a "Limited Application Period" You can apply at any time up to 2 years after your FIRST entry into Australia on the Contributory Parent visa 173

hope this helps

cheers

Does anyone have experience of declaring high blood pressure, controlled by medication?

Yes, I declared this at my medical on June this year, only one tab a day. It was not a problem. Just take your prescription with you as proof.

Hi again

Yes my wife did declare it on medical history In addition she is also epileptic and on daily medication which she declared and again it did not seem to be an issue

As there was nowhere on any of the Oz immi sites to inform you how the results were communicated to you , I emailed WAPerth about a week after the medical took place and they replied quite quickly that "we are satisfied that you meet the health requirements and that we would have informed you that if there had been any issues we would have contacted you immediately and informed you of the issue and directed you to your own GP"

Hi Barry,

Good to hear that there hasn't been any issues so far. My parents have theirs tomorrow so fingers crossed. Funnily enough, it's only my dad who's applied for 143, but they have said in the medical letter that this is a combined visa application for my mom and dad both. Having looked at this, we aren't sure if we want my mum to be included as secondary applicant as a dependant either considering she's having to go through the meds, PCC etc despite not applying. Would anyone know if it possible to add on my mom now at this stage 18 months after lodgement date?

Anyhow, I shall be updating this column wit any developments so it helps the ones who've applied after 16th Jan 2013, so follow this closely guys!

Cheers

Hi Steve, lodgement date 16/01/2013. The email received isn't from the CO. It's just a prep email telling us that the CO is about to be allocated soon so we should now forward the documents on to DIMIA. Oh and they sent us a medical letter with HAP IDs. Any tips on medicals guys? My dad is a diabetic but not high, border line and takes pills for it.

Hi Pri

Thanks for this. We are in the very early stages as we only lodged ours this month, but it is all good info on here and is preparing us for the long road ahead!

Regards

Steve

Guest piramida

Hi Barry001,

Yes I read form 47pt and I understand what is there, but I just want be sure can I apply example one week before visa expired, because I will get visa 143 for 5-6 month. I do not want make mistake. If I apply one week before expired visa I will be 5-6 months without visa.

I just want ask another question. My son who is my sponsor move in Queensland with family, and my husband and me living in Sydney. We working and living in rent apartment. Will we have now problem because we are not together but he is still our sponsor.

Thank you

Hi Barry001,

Yes I read form 47pt and I understand what is there, but I just want be sure can I apply example one week before visa expired, because I will get visa 143 for 5-6 month. I do not want make mistake. If I apply one week before expired visa I will be 5-6 months without visa.

I just want ask another question. My son who is my sponsor move in Queensland with family, and my husband and me living in Sydney. We working and living in rent apartment. Will we have now problem because we are not together but he is still our sponsor.

Thank you

Hi

As I have said before, it seems clear to me that you must apply for the 143 within 2 years of your first entry into Australia on the 173 but just to put your mind at rest you should email WA Parents in Perth and ask them to confirm your understanding of the conditions of the 173

On your second point, I am sure that it will make no difference if your son,the sponsor moves to a another city in Australia, but again you can always check with WA Parents in Perth

hope this is of help

cheers

Barry

Guys my lodgement date is march 18, 2013 for my cpv 143. can anyone tell me how much time it would take to get co allotted ? all of my steps have been completed , only and final payment is left. another question about the aos - how can i apply for aos ? do i get some sort of letter from the co or we can directly go to the centerlink to apply ?

Can somebody please tell me the cost of the parents visa? I'm struggling to find a definite figure. My parents would not be working. Also can they apply the same time as me or do they need to wait until i have lived there for a certain period of time?

thank you

Hi

if you look on page 672 on this forum you will find a posting by Allan Collett of GoMatilda which provides a link to the current visa charges

As far as I am aware you cannot sponsor your parents until you have been living lawfully in Oz for at least 2 years

Hope this helps

cheers. Barry

Edited by Barry001

Hey all,

Thanks,

Priya

Hi Priya

Are your parents still married or together? If they are that will be why your Mum has been asked to do a medical even though she hasn't applied for a visa.

Lou

Guys my lodgement date is march 18, 2013 for my cpv 143. can anyone tell me how much time it would take to get co allotted ? all of my steps have been completed , only and final payment is left. another question about the aos - how can i apply for aos ? do i get some sort of letter from the co or we can directly go to the centerlink to apply ?

I think your sponsor can just get the forms from Centrelink.

Can somebody please tell me the cost of the parents visa? I'm struggling to find a definite figure. My parents would not be working. Also can they apply the same time as me or do they need to wait until i have lived there for a certain period of time?

thank you

It's just over $100k for both parents.

Does anyone know where Immi are up to in allocating a case officer? Are they still allocating COs to January 2013 applicants? My MIL applied in September and should be doing her PCC now and medicals next month but I'm just wondering how long he should put them of for?

TIA

Lou