Guest guest36187

It is, Karen - and annoying because there is no means of paying the Department of Immigration's charges electronically without paying the credit card surcharge.

Most operators who charge a fee for accepting credit card payments will at least allow payments to be made electronically directly into their bank account on a no additional fee basis.

Personally ... I think it's just another cash grab from visa applicants, who are an easy target. But one day these applicants will have a vote!

A very Happy Easter to all!

Hi Alan,

I have seen how useful your responses have been to a lot of people so thought I'd throw in a quick one. This is for Visa 143 for my dad with Lodgement date 16th January 2013. PCC completed dated 16th December 2013 and is ready to go.

I am quite confused because my immigration agent has been telling me to hold off from my father getting Medicals until the CO is appointed. He is also telling me to hold off submitting the AOS forms to Centrelink. His reason being that incase there's issues with Medicals then once we lodge the 10k bond to Centrelink it could get messy to ask for the refund incase there's problems with my dad's medicals. I, however, am in a bit of a rush to submit the AOS forms because I mgiht be quitting my job by 31st August and per the form I should have emlpoyment etc to be Assurer.

Can yourself or someone experienced please advise what should be done?

Per the letter received from Immigration, if you follow the timeline, we are well overdue lodging the AOS forms, but a few people on this thread have mentioned how there's huge delays in the CO being appointed and hence it's best to wait before getting Meds, AOS done. Even with my dad's medicals, he's 53 and healthy and fit looking except for being diabetic. So not sure if that could be a potential issue?

Any help would be appreciated guys!!

Hi all!

Once you have put in the application for a 143 parent visa, can you stay longer than three months as a visitor while it is going through? I noticed you can no longer apply for a 676, does anyone know if there is a relacement for this?

Hi all!

Once you have put in the application for a 143 parent visa, can you stay longer than three months as a visitor while it is going through? I noticed you can no longer apply for a 676, does anyone know if there is a relacement for this?

Yes you can if your son/daughter is an Australian citizen or permanent resident. They can sponsor your for a long stay visa of 3 years (if you have travelled to Australia before) and you can stay there maximum 1 year at a time in 18 months. it is most probably visitor visa subclass 600 now. check this link http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/2012/121124/lc24112012-02.htm. While filling up the form, you need to choose length of stay as 12 months.

I have this visa but I had applied when it was 676. Now 676 is 600 but they have no where mentioned that this provision has been discontinued. So you need to check with your local High Commission.

Edited by Blueray

Hi all!

Hi All, Sorry about this but I've today put in an application 143 CPV are you saying when you get an acknowledgement then wait about 6 month or a year you can then go over on a 600 visa which last for 1 year then just stay in Australia till your 143 as go through all its processes.

Hi

Our 143 was lodged on 14 June 2013 and the 1st VAC was charged to the credit card on 28th June

cheers.

Hi Barry

Thanks for that info, now we know when the next step is likely to be on the long journey; I don't suppose we'll dodge any price rise they may have inflicted from yesterday though, although nothing has been announced or is visible on their website.

Regards

Hi

Our 143 was lodged on 14 June 2013 and the 1st VAC was charged to the credit card on 28th June

cheers.

Hi, If payment was taken for the 1st VAC before 1st of July when the prices go up, your charges will be whatever they were at the time of lodgement. You made it with 2 days to spare! Well done!

Now for the loooong wait!

Val

Hi Tony, I'm not sure but I think you have to be out of the country when the visa is granted.

You do but if you keep your case officer informed I believe they will advise you when it's time to leave the country so they can issue your visa.

Hello Lou 8670

Good to hear about the waiting time of 16 months, however as you rightly said, other people have been told longer waiting times. I think we just have to wait and hope.

Here are our Time Lines so far. 143 Visa lodged in June 2013. Acknowledged in August 2013, first VAC had already been taken. PCC done May 2014, and medicals June 2014 (panel doctor not really allowed to say what the results are, but you do get a very good idea as to how it all went. We were told no to to lose any sleep over it!! So we drew our own conclusions from that statement). Hope this helps. By the way, how do you put all that info on the bottom of your messages? Sorry if that sounds a bit thick!

Lou8670 - I am doubting that the waiting time to get a CO is 16 months. My FIL lodged his 143 visa end Jan 2013 and he is yet to hear anything. We changed his migration agent to Go Matilda last month and they contacted immigration to be told it was Oct/nov before he is expected to be assigned at CO. That will make it approx 21-22 months. We are hoping it will be earlier, but not getting our hopes up

Wow, my MIL isn't going to be very pleased to hear you're still waiting after 21/22 months! I wish in some respects she was going through a migration agent as I think she would believe them but when I tell her she doesn't really want to listen and I don't want her wasting her money doing the PCC and medical too early.

My MIL sent off her application end of August 2013 which was confirmed received 2 September. So based on your timeline she shouldn't do her PCC until January February 2015 and her medicals until April 2015 :eek: it would be good to know jen1977 and Carob when you're both allocated your case officers :biggrin:

Wow, my MIL isn't going to be very pleased to hear you're still waiting after 21/22 months! I wish in some respects she was going through a migration agent as I think she would believe them but when I tell her she doesn't really want to listen and I don't want her wasting her money doing the PCC and medical too early.

My MIL sent off her application end of August 2013 which was confirmed received 2 September. So based on your timeline she shouldn't do her PCC until January February 2015 and her medicals until April 2015 :eek: it would be good to know jen1977 and Carob when you're both allocated your case officers :biggrin:

Hi Everyone

It seems difficult to know which source to believe regarding waiting time to CO

On June 10 I emailed PVC and asked for an estimated CO assignment date for a 143 lodgement date in June 2013 They immediatly replied quoting November/December

If you go by the email auto reply from PVC they are saying 16 months but our quoted estimate of Nov/Dec amounts to 17/18 months

Apparently an agent on this forum contacted PVC and was told I believe 21/22 months

Cheers

Edited by Barry001

hi guys,

Quick question. I'm sending off my mum's 143 paperwork tomorrow but how long does it take for the department to deduct the payment from my credit card?

Thanks everyone!

Hi

This info is from 1 year ago

We lodged our 143 on 13 June 2013 and the 1st VAC was charged to the credit card on 28 June

cheers

Hi Lou8670, I'm relatively new here, so bear with me please :-) We lodged our 143 application 24 June 2014 (very exciting!!) and I see you mention your MIL had some sort of confirmation not long after lodging it. I don't think I've heard that before, I've only heard of the formal acknowledgement which I understand may take up to 6 months? Mind if I ask how the confirmation was received, by e-mail perhaps? I'm guessing it was a very basic acknowledgement? Many thanks, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this thread, so helpful and great to know we are not alone!!

Cheers

Hi Lou8670, I'm relatively new here, so bear with me please :-) We lodged our 143 application 24 June 2014 (very exciting!!) and I see you mention your MIL had some sort of confirmation not long after lodging it. I don't think I've heard that before, I've only heard of the formal acknowledgement which I understand may take up to 6 months? Mind if I ask how the confirmation was received, by e-mail perhaps? I'm guessing it was a very basic acknowledgement? Many thanks, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this thread, so helpful and great to know we are not alone!!

Cheers

Hi AmandaJB

Our application for the 143 was delivered/lodged on 1st July so I would be interested to know how your application history goes as we're so close in lodgement dates.

All very nerve wracking this process!

Regards

Steve2

Hi AmandaJB

Our application for the 143 was delivered/lodged on 1st July so I would be interested to know how your application history goes as we're so close in lodgement dates.

All very nerve wracking this process!

Regards

Steve2

Hi Steve2, yes I'll be updating on here for sure, hope you do too. It is nerve wracking, and lengthy (and pricey!), I think we will need to be patient for a while now. You were lucky with lodging on 1 July that they don't seem to have increased the fee this year. I thought they would go with a big increase since there is no longer the 103 option. Some good news for a change! Good luck...

Regards,

AmandaJB

Hi AmandaJB

Yes it seems that perhaps they haven't increased the prices, we would have lodged it earlier but our papers took a while longer than hoped for to be delivered to our son out there.

It is indeed a lengthy and very pricey process - can't wait for it to be sorted now we've made the decision.

Regards

Steve2