Guest guest36187

Hey guys, i have finally completed my medicals and pcc , everything done and clear. Now my next step is of Aos- i already sent my daughter all details ..but im not getting the aos letter part ? do we get a letter from pvc or we can write our own to declare assurer ? :P and can anyone tell me , where pvc have reached with their applications ? i just cant wait anymore aha.

Hi

According to info contained on an auto reply email from Perth immi dated 1st June they were assessing (I assume this means assigning Case Officers)143 applications received in January 2013

hope this helps

cheers Barry

Thnx for your reply mate. My acknowledgement date was april 12 ...so i guess, it means another 2 months wait :(

and my question of aos letter is still unanswered. if anyone knws about the aos process pls let me know, i would really appreciate.

cheers

Edited by richardcoull

Thnx for your reply mate. My acknowledgement date was april 12 ...so i guess, it means another 2 months wait :(

and my question of aos letter is still unanswered. if anyone knws about the aos process pls let me know, i would really appreciate.

cheers

Hi

What you must remember is that the acknowledgement date is irrelevant ,as every stage in the process is calculated from the application lodgement date so I would guess that your lodgement date based on your stated acknowledgement date of 12 April would be sometime in January/February which means to my way of thinking that your CO assignment is imminent

We have not reached that stage yet as our 143 application was lodged in June 2013 and a recent communication from Perth immi indicated that our CO would be assigned in November/December

From the info I have gathered from this forum,it seems that when you have been assigned a CO they will then contact Centrelink, the UK equivalent of Social Security, for info on your AOS and request the AOS to pay the bond into a frozen account and when this stage is completed you will be granted your visa after you have paid the 2nd VAC

cheers

Barry

PS

Fellow PIO posters please don't hesitate to correct me if my assumptions are wrong

Edited by Barry001

Hi AlanSteel/Carob

Your advice please.

We are just about to lodge our 143 visa application and are confused after a call to Australia House in London.

The forms say "certified copies" of supporting documents but Australia House said that this wasn't necessary nowadays - what did you do?

Also, how did you pay your deposit? they said that we can just put our credit card details on the form and it would be taken in Perth on receipt of the forms.

How long have you waited for your medical Carob since applying?

Any other advice and timescales would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve2

ps - can anybody out there answer my queries please?

Edited by Steve2

Hi all

We have just decided to apply for the 143 visa next year. We are currently on the 103 list. Am I right in thinking that if we fill in the 143 application form there is a place on it to say that we are already on the 103 list and wish to change? I cant download the online application form because it seems to use some new system I've never heard of ...

Good news about the non-medicals for tourist visas after 75 - I was sure I had read that somewhere - its nice to know we'll at least be able to visit if they turn us down!

Hi

What you must remember is that the acknowledgement date is irrelevant ,as every stage in the process is calculated from the application lodgement date so I would guess that your lodgement date based on your stated acknowledgement date of 12 April would be sometime in January/February which means to my way of thinking that your CO assignment is imminent

We have not reached that stage yet as our 143 application was lodged in June 2013 and a recent communication from Perth immi indicated that our CO would be assigned in November/December

From the info I have gathered from this forum,it seems that when you have been assigned a CO they will then contact Centrelink, the UK equivalent of Social Security, for info on your AOS and request the AOS to pay the bond into a frozen account and when this stage is completed you will be granted your visa after you have paid the 2nd VAC

cheers

Barry

PS

Fellow PIO posters please don't hesitate to correct me if my assumptions are wrong

Hi Barry

Our acknowledgement was dated 6th feb 2013, Centerlink contacted our sponsor in Oct 2013 and our AOS was payed. Medicals were done with a HAP in May 2014, police checks have been done, so we are just waiting now for our CO. It seems to me that certain items happen at different times, with different applications, but take the same time to finalise. Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Andalog.

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and am about to instruct an agent to help me through the Parent Visa application process. I understand that there have been major changes in the last few weeks, so before I start ploughing my way through this thread, which goes back years, I wonder how much of it is relevant? I know I'm a newbie and I hope I don't come across as being rude, but isn't it about time a new Parent Visa thread was started? I know I shall have lots of queries and need loads of advice so I'm concerned that if I look for answers here the information might be outdated.

My first question really is concerning agents' fees - I have been quoted AUS$3,000. Is this reasonable?

TIA

Hi, thank you for your response.

I have only had one quote so far, mainly because it is an agent used by someone I know and they had such a good experience using that firm that my first thought was to use them myself; but of course you are quite right I should approach another couple of agents for comparisons.

Hi AlanSteel/Carob

Your advice please.

We are just about to lodge our 143 visa application and are confused after a call to Australia House in London.

The forms say "certified copies" of supporting documents but Australia House said that this wasn't necessary nowadays - what did you do?

Also, how did you pay your deposit? they said that we can just put our credit card details on the form and it would be taken in Perth on receipt of the forms.

How long have you waited for your medical Carob since applying?

Any other advice and timescales would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve2

ps - can anybody out there answer my queries please?

hello Steve2. Our 143 visa were LODGED June 2013. With our acknowledgement letter which we received in August 2013, were various letters/information. We were asked to do our police checks 10 months from June 2013 (ie from April) and our medicals 12 months from June 2013, these have both now been completed satisfactorily. We paid our deposit by credit card on the form, but the only way you know it has been taken is to check your statement, as the acknowledgement letter takes a couple of months to be sent. When we applied it was necessary to supply certified copies, but there seems to be continual changes to the process.

There is a CPV tracker site which is now called gainwave.co.uk/cpv it was chireckles.com which you might find interesting, has lots of dates, although I'm not sure quite how up-to-date it is in the long term.

Hope this makes sense, great site this though for info. Carob

'Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and am about to instruct an agent to help me through the Parent Visa application process. I understand that there have been major changes in the last few weeks, so before I start ploughing my way through this thread, which goes back years, I wonder how much of it is relevant? I know I'm a newbie and I hope I don't come across as being rude, but isn't it about time a new Parent Visa thread was started? I know I shall have lots of queries and need loads of advice so I'm concerned that if I look for answers here the information might be outdated.'

Hi Sadge

I have to admit that, while I didn't find your post rude, I did think it sounded a little bit impatient.

This thread is here because parents wanting to migrate have started it and contributed to it. There is a lot of wonderful advice on here, together with much mutual support. While some of it will clearly be out of date (see recent changes in parent visa possibilities) some is still valid.

You do not need, however, to plough through the entire thread in search of advice. Fellow contributors are a supportive and helpful bunch and I'm sure if you post any one of your many queries you will have an answer within 24 hours. That's been my experience anyway.

As to whether or not its about time there was a new parents' thread ... I suggest you take that up with the moderators. I'm only too grateful that there is a parent's thread at all. Particularly one that functions so effectively.

Edited by Fisher1

Still waiting for CO allocation!! Seems like their process has slowed down even more cause it's been exactly 17 months since lodgement date. Does anyone know how long it takes for medical results to reach Immigration? And how long roughly does the AOS take?

Hi Barry

Our acknowledgement was dated 6th feb 2013, Centerlink contacted our sponsor in Oct 2013 and our AOS was payed. Medicals were done with a HAP in May 2014, police checks have been done, so we are just waiting now for our CO. It seems to me that certain items happen at different times, with different applications, but take the same time to finalise. Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Andalog.

Still waiting for CO allocation!! Seems like their process has slowed down even more cause it's been exactly 17 months since lodgement date. Does anyone know how long it takes for medical results to reach Immigration? And how long roughly does the AOS take?

Hi Pri

Just last Tuesday I emailed Perth immi and asked when we could expect a CO to be assigned to our 143 application which was lodged in June 2013. they replied within 20 minutes, would you believe, and said it would be November/December, which is 17/18 months after lodgement

Regarding medicals, if you are in a country which has the eHealth arrangement , the online system of notifying OZ of the medical results (ie UK) they go off to Sydney immediately after the panel doctor has completed the examination

Have you tried logging on to the website with you HAP I'd, you may be able to track it's progress?

On the AOS, am unable to help as we are just arranging for our daughter to take the completed form into Centrelink this week

cheers. Barry

The AOS process varies depending on which Centrelink office is used. Ours was lodged in Queensland and the whole process took about 10 weeks to complete, but they were notoriously slow at the time. I would say anything from a few weeks onwards.

Hi Barry001,

With regards to your medicals, have you had them done yet or will you wait til the last moment before Novembers allocation of CO?

thanks Tab

Hi

We have our medicals arranged for next week

Perth immi seem to be going through lots of changes recently and you never know they may spring a surprise and assign a CO well before that (one can only live in hope)

cheers Barry

Hi Barry001,

With regards to your medicals, have you had them done yet or will you wait til the last moment before Novembers allocation of CO?

thanks Tab

Hiya Tab, if you have a look at my message to steve2 yesterday, you will see a bit of my time line with regard to medicals and

Police checks. I seem to recall we have a similar LODGE date, remember a chat when all this started! However, we are on the 143 route, so will not be the same as yours. Our acknowledgement letter laid out suggested time scales on when to do things. We have already sent our AOS money over to our daughter, who will be paying it shortly, but I think with your visa ?? a 173 you won't be doing this payment yet - lucky thing haha. Carob

Oh also our medicals were done electronically, contrary to the instructions we were issued with. As people are remarking things change!! Keeps us on our toes though doesn't it?:laugh:

Edited by carob

Can anyone remind me of the date that the annual increase in visa charges happens - is it some time in July? Having decided to take the plunge and swap from the 103 to the 143 next year, we are now thinking we might save ourselves a bit of money if we got in quickly before the next round of increases. Particularly encouraging is the apparent similarity between the forms (actually they seem identical) means I can just use my copy of the 103 application and copy the information - no need to look things up.

As always, thanks in advance for any advice / help with this. :wink:

Hiya Tab, if you have a look at my message to steve2 yesterday, you will see a bit of my time line with regard to medicals and

Police checks. I seem to recall we have a similar LODGE date, remember a chat when all this started! However, we are on the 143 route, so will not be the same as yours. Our acknowledgement letter laid out suggested time scales on when to do things. We have already sent our AOS money over to our daughter, who will be paying it shortly, but I think with your visa ?? a 173 you won't be doing this payment yet - lucky thing haha. Carob

Oh also our medicals were done electronically, contrary to the instructions we were issued with. As people are remarking things change!! Keeps us on our toes though doesn't it?:laugh:

Hi Carob,

Yes I remember that chat lol, I was also told to get medicals/police checks 12 months and 10 months from July 13, then when I asked the question to immi I was told not to get them until Nov/Dec 14 as would be about the time of a CO, I'm just thinking I may get them done sooner !! No we don't have to pay the AOS yet. I did ring a panel doctors office this week and they don't have a waiting list so can book any time and they are open on Saturdays too. Yes my letter also said about completing medical info online, what else do they ask you at the medical appt? . Have you got a CO now then? When would you expect to get your visa?

Thanks

Tab

Hi Fisher1

If it's any help I spoke to Australia House on Monday this week about possible price rises for the 143 and was told that "on July 1 all prices are subject to change as they are every year, some may go up, some may go down and some may stay the same"!

In regards to the form there is a new 143 form on the immi website which appears to be basically the same as the one before the 103 was abolished.

Cheers

Steve2

Hi Fisher1

If it's any help I spoke to Australia House on Monday this week about possible price rises for the 143 and was told that "on July 1 all prices are subject to change as they are every year, some may go up, some may go down and some may stay the same"!

In regards to the form there is a new 143 form on the immi website which appears to be basically the same as the one before the 103 was abolished.

Cheers

Steve2

Did the person at Australia House really say some charges might go down on the 1st of July?

Perhaps was said with a hint of a smile? :wink:

Best regards.

Ha ha Alan I wish :-)

Thanks Steve - I thought it was the first of July. I have just time if I do it today, post to my daughter Friday and get her to complete and return sponsorship forms asap and send the whole lot to Perth. Money already in account in Australia so daughter can pay and we can refund ... eek, time's very short.

Does anyone know if you have to send all the certificates again, or if they will just accept that they've had them already? Alan?