Guest guest36187

Ha ha Alan I wish :-)

Thanks Steve - I thought it was the first of July. I have just time if I do it today, post to my daughter Friday and get her to complete and return sponsorship forms asap and send the whole lot to Perth. Money already in account in Australia so daughter can pay and we can refund ... eek, time's very short.

Does anyone know if you have to send all the certificates again, or if they will just accept that they've had them already? Alan?

I'd just lodge the application (forms 47PA and 40), with a covering letter saying other documents are to follow - you can send them (again) once you get a file reference.

Note that file references for offshore 143/173 visa applications are taking 4 or 5 months to be issued by the PVC at the moment.

Best regards.

Haha - you could have a point as you can't see a smile/wink over the phone!

On another matter, if we lodge our 143 ourselves can we still use an Emigration agent to help with other matters?

Almost certainly.

Feel able to send a PM or email to me (and any of the other agents on this forum) to discuss.

Best regards.

Hi Pri

Just last Tuesday I emailed Perth immi and asked when we could expect a CO to be assigned to our 143 application which was lodged in June 2013. they replied within 20 minutes, would you believe, and said it would be November/December, which is 17/18 months after lodgement

Regarding medicals, if you are in a country which has the eHealth arrangement , the online system of notifying OZ of the medical results (ie UK) they go off to Sydney immediately after the panel doctor has completed the examination

Have you tried logging on to the website with you HAP I'd, you may be able to track it's progress?

On the AOS, am unable to help as we are just arranging for our daughter to take the completed form into Centrelink this week

cheers. Barry

Hi Barry, yes so its been 17 months and 3 days so we are expecting a CO to be allocated any day now. As someone before mentioned, when you call up Immi, despite the letter that states ''get Medicals done 12 months ater, AOS in 12 months etc'' , Immi informs you to hold off on Medicals and AOS until the CO is allocated. It's so confusing with differing views and people.

Hi Barry, yes so its been 17 months and 3 days so we are expecting a CO to be allocated any day now. As someone before mentioned, when you call up Immi, despite the letter that states ''get Medicals done 12 months ater, AOS in 12 months etc'' , Immi informs you to hold off on Medicals and AOS until the CO is allocated. It's so confusing with differing views and people.

Not sure if everyone is aware, but this might help with planning: When the visa is granted you get one year from the date of either medicals or police checks (whichever is sooner) to validate your visa, that is the date by which you must enter Australia or forfeit the visa. . If you want to travel to Oz sooner rather than later this doesn't matter, but if you have various matters to sort out it might make a difference.

Not sure if everyone is aware, but this might help with planning: When the visa is granted you get one year from the date of either medicals or police checks (whichever is sooner) to validate your visa, that is the date by which you must enter Australia or forfeit the visa. . If you want to travel to Oz sooner rather than later this doesn't matter, but if you have various matters to sort out it might make a difference.

Thanks for the tip

Regards

Steve2

Thanks for advice Steve2 and Alan Collet. We have now decided to wait - husband has big medical check coming up (nothing to do with Oz) and we don't want to upset the gods by making assumptions so we are going to take our time over the 143 and take the inevitable price rise on the chin.

Just a thought - our timing is really important because I have an aged parent (mine) to consider and don't want to leave too soon ... sounds calculating but I wont bore you with the whole story - so I'm wondering. I heard a rumour that if you were already on the 103 list and swapped to the 143, you got bumped up the 143 quickly. Anyone got any idea whether this is true or not? Unlike most people on this thread I actually don't want it to go through too quickly (the aged parent factor again) so it would be helpful to know if there was any truth in it. Also, I am right in thinking that you have five years from the date the visa is issued to actually take up residence? I know that you have to validate within the first year.

Thanks peeps.

Thanks for advice Steve2 and Alan Collet. We have now decided to wait - husband has big medical check coming up (nothing to do with Oz) and we don't want to upset the gods by making assumptions so we are going to take our time over the 143 and take the inevitable price rise on the chin.

Just a thought - our timing is really important because I have an aged parent (mine) to consider and don't want to leave too soon ... sounds calculating but I wont bore you with the whole story - so I'm wondering. I heard a rumour that if you were already on the 103 list and swapped to the 143, you got bumped up the 143 quickly. Anyone got any idea whether this is true or not? Unlike most people on this thread I actually don't want it to go through too quickly (the aged parent factor again) so it would be helpful to know if there was any truth in it. Also, I am right in thinking that you have five years from the date the visa is issued to actually take up residence? I know that you have to validate within the first year.

Thanks peeps.

When we cancelled our 103 and applied for our 143, the time we had been waiting on the 103 was taken into consideration.

Yes, you do have five years to finally move over. However at the moment it is generally advisable to move over within 3 years to avoid any complications with having to apply for a Resident Return Visa if you have to leave after 5 years even for a holiday, and are not citizens,

Thanks for that Bridgeman, hadn't thought of that. I don't see us staying five years if we get our visa - like everyone else we'll want to move over asap. Its just that, if anything goes badly wrong with family at the last minute, its helpful to know that it wont be necessary to leave come what may, and that our departure could be postponed for a period if necessary.

Hi Barry,

I wasn't aware of this condition. I reckon this is exactly why our migration agent advised that we shouldn't get Medicals etc done per the timeline indicated on the checklist because there's a huge delay in the CO being allocated and by the time the CO does get allocated the Medicals or PCC may expire.

We followed the checklist and got the PCC for my dad done. This has been ready with an issue date of 27/12/2013. The Medicals haven't been done yet because the migration agent advised us that it only takes 2 days to electronically send through the results to the panel doctors in Australia.

So does it mean if all goes well my father has to enter the country by 27/12/14? Because that may not be feasible to wrap things up from their end since they're organising a wedding etc. Or would it mean they'd have to get the PCC done again before entering the country?

lets keep this group going guys.. Think this is the only actively running CPV 143 forum so kudos!!

Hi Barry,

I wasn't aware of this condition. I reckon this is exactly why our migration agent advised that we shouldn't get Medicals etc done per the timeline indicated on the checklist because there's a huge delay in the CO being allocated and by the time the CO does get allocated the Medicals or PCC may expire.

We followed the checklist and got the PCC for my dad done. This has been ready with an issue date of 27/12/2013. The Medicals haven't been done yet because the migration agent advised us that it only takes 2 days to electronically send through the results to the panel doctors in Australia.

So does it mean if all goes well my father has to enter the country by 27/12/14? Because that may not be feasible to wrap things up from their end since they're organising a wedding etc. Or would it mean they'd have to get the PCC done again before entering the country?

lets keep this group going guys.. Think this is the only actively running CPV 143 forum so kudos!!

I don't think that getting the medicals done again after visa grant will change anything. When the visa is issued it will state a date by which the visa applicant must first enter Australia. If he were to redo the PCC this would have to be done before submitting them to DIBP, ie before visa grant. They would then probably go by the date of the medicals.

Don't forget he can validate the visa with a holiday visit, it doesn't have to be permanent.

Guest Petina

Hi!

We applied in August last year, and received a check list for medicals, Police checks etc to be done from 10 months from receipt of application. We have heard that there is a huge backlog and that PC's and medicals should not be done until early next year! Anyone heard about this? We were originally told that the process would take about 17months. Now it seems it will be 22months++ Really is a waiting game.........

Hi!

We applied in August last year, and received a check list for medicals, Police checks etc to be done from 10 months from receipt of application. We have heard that there is a huge backlog and that PC's and medicals should not be done until early next year! Anyone heard about this? We were originally told that the process would take about 17months. Now it seems it will be 22months++ Really is a waiting game.........

Yes, our migration agent told us the same as well as someone on this thread rang Immigration and they advised not to follow the checklist because here's a huge time lag between what the checklist advises and when the CO is allocated. It has been just over 17 months since our lodgement date too so everyday is becoming a nightmare waiting. My dad has only gotten the PCC done, we shall get the Medicals and AOS lodged once the CO is allocated.

I don't think that getting the medicals done again after visa grant will change anything. When the visa is issued it will state a date by which the visa applicant must first enter Australia. If he were to redo the PCC this would have to be done before submitting them to DIBP, ie before visa grant. They would then probably go by the date of the medicals.

Don't forget he can validate the visa with a holiday visit, it doesn't have to be permanent.

Thanks Bridgeman, yes I meant, if the CO requests him re doing Meds/PCC then we'll have to - ugh it's gonna be a long wait until the CO is allocated so fingers crossed.

Hi,

Can any wise person assist me in the below query.

My mum (single applicant only) applied for Subclass 103 visa in late 2012 while making the payment for 1st installment of $2060. She was then provided with a queue date. As we are all aware that this category of visa is now closed for new applicants and no of places available each year are few, it may taken 10yrs or more to reach to a decision.

a) If she now withdraws this Subclass 103 application and puts up a Subclass 143 application, will she be reimbursed with $2060 which she paid for Subclass 103?

b) If she is not reimbursed (a), will she have to pay Base Application Charge for Subclass 143 or will that be waived off?

#The above information is still not clear from Dept of Immigration website.

I will appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Thanks

Hi,

My mum (single applicant only) applied for Subclass 103 visa in late 2012 while making the payment for 1st installment of $2060. She was then provided with a queue date. As we are all aware that this category of visa is now closed for new applicants and no of places available each year are few, it may taken 10yrs or more to reach to a decision.

a) If she now withdraws this Subclass 103 application and puts up a Subclass 143 application, will she be reimbursed with $2060 which she paid for Subclass 103?

b) If she is not reimbursed (a), will she have to pay Base Application Charge for Subclass 143 or will that be waived off?

Thanks

Sorry, no, if she cancels the 103 she will not be reimbursed with the initial VAC and yes, she will have to pay the initial VAC for the 143 - this will not be waived unfortunately.

Thanks Bridgeman

I will probably have a look at my previous communication with DIAC, if I am not wrong I remember asking this question to Immigration Contact person over the phone or email when they responded that you will not lose 1st Visa Application Charge if you move from Non-Contributory to Contributory category in future.

I would think carefully before giving up your mum's position in the queue for the 103 visa. It all depends on what her queue date is. In February this year, people with queue dates in December 2007 reached the front of the queue and probably have their visas by now. Since then, two relevant things have happened. The first was that the allocation of visas for 2013-14 ran out so no more 103 visas will be awarded until the new year begins on July 1. The second is that the total allocation of non-contributory parent visas was reduced from about 2250 in 2013-14 to 1500 in 2014-15. Of course new applications were stopped altogether but this does not affect people who are already in the queue. Even allowing for the reduction in allocation, if your mum had a queue date in 2008 or 2009 she would probably have reached the front of the queue within two years - about the same waiting time as for the contributory visas. If her queue date is later than 2009, as it almost certainly is, the waiting time will be longer but I doubt whether it will be as long as ten years, despite what immigration (and the queue date calculator) say. You have to decide for yourself whether the reduced waiting time for the contributory visa is worth the extra $50,000 or so which you have to pay.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks

Hi all,

I received 2nd VAC and pre-grant letter couple of days back. I sent an Australian Bank Cheque to DIBP. Auspost delivered it yesterday. Can anyone tell me how many days does it take to grant the visa after DIBP receives the Bank Cheque?

Thanks Bridgeman

I will probably have a look at my previous communication with DIAC, if I am not wrong I remember asking this question to Immigration Contact person over the phone or email when they responded that you will not lose 1st Visa Application Charge if you move from Non-Contributory to Contributory category in future.

We cancelled our 103 and applied for the 143 and had to pay the initial VAC for the 143. Sometimes the immi admin staff don't always get everything right, but good luck.

Its a tricky one. We had originally intended to wait out the 103 queue because of my mum, but are getting worried about possibly failing the medical if we wait too long. My sister has volunteered to take over as mum's main carer so we think we will probably switch to the 143 queue - but its hard to swallow the extra £3000 fee for the new application. We've decided to do nothing until next year when husband hits sixty five. Then we'll probably switch to a 143 application as our queue date is fairly recent. All this uncertainty is a real pain - as someone said, its nice to know we're not alone!