Guest guest36187

Guest Petina
Hi all,

I received 2nd VAC and pre-grant letter couple of days back. I sent an Australian Bank Cheque to DIBP. Auspost delivered it yesterday. Can anyone tell me how many days does it take to grant the visa after DIBP receives the Bank Cheque?

Congratulations Blueray! Can you tell me how long your process has taken? Thanks

My sister has volunteered to take over as mum's main carer so we think we will probably switch to the 143 queue - but its hard to swallow the extra £3000 fee for the new application. We've decided to do nothing until next year when husband hits sixty five. Then we'll probably switch to a 143 application as our queue date is fairly recent. All this uncertainty is a real pain - as someone said, its nice to know we're not alone!

I'm not sure that I follow the reasoning here. If the initial £3000 is hard to swallow, what about the additional A$87,200 which you will have to pay (for both parents) as the second installment for the 143 visa? To say nothing of the A$14,000 which you lose the use of for 10 years. The 143 visa is a really​ expensive alternative to the 103

Thanks Johnbshepherd

Her queue date is Dec 2012.

On a recent query to DIBP, their generic response response had the following information "We are currently assessing for finalisation subclass 103 parent visa applications with a queue date from March 2008" and in next paragraph "Once your application is in the queue there may be a substantial amount of time before you are contacted again by the department. This could be in excess of 10 years depending on the availability of visa places. Queue dates cannot be changed or brought forward".

It may sound strange but will it actually take 10 years for everyone?

Cheers

Hi Deesydney

It sounds as if two different people wrote the two paragraphs you quote! The Immigration Dept , under its various names, has a history of exaggerating the waiting time for the non-contributory parent visas - perhaps to encourage people to apply for the contributory versions. I had a queue date of May 2007 for the 804 visa and when I joined the queue I was told that I would have to wait twenty years or more before I heard from them again. In fact I actually got the visa in December last year - less than seven years after the queue date. Other people I know had similar experiences with both the 804 and 103 visas. If they are already processing people with queue dates in March 2008 your mum would have about 4-5 more years to wait. It is really up to you whether you think that the shorter waiting time for the contributory visa is worth around $50,000. Take little notice of the queue date calculator by the way. It still says that there are several hundred people ahead of me in the queue even though I already have the visa

Cheers

Hi everyone

To those of you who have had their eHealth medicals offshore, particularly in the UK, can you tell me how and when the results were communicated to you

I know the panel doctor cannot divulge the info , he sends the results to OZ, but nowhere on the DIAC/DIBP sites is there an indication how the applicant is notified

Can anyone help please ?

hi Johnbshepherd

If you were following the discussion about switching from the 103 to the 143, you would have seen that some people were talking about whether, having paid the initial fee to join the 103 queue, you then had to pay that initial fee again if you switched. This is the reason for my comment about the extra £3000 payment being hard to swallow - in the sense of it being the last straw?

Naturally I find the prospect of paying approx. 100,000 dollars pretty horrific - but that wasn't the subject being discussed - we were talking very specifically about having to pay the initial fee over again. Hope this clarifies things for you.

P.S. Yes I had noticed that the 143 was a really expensive alternative to the 103 - but some of us cant risk waiting because of possible health complications?

Edited by Fisher1

Anyone on here waiting to hear about their parent (permanent and temporary) contributory visa? My MIL applied in September last year (2013). I read on here CO weren't being assigned until 22 months after application. She's contacted DIAC and they've confirmed the waiting time is 16 months.

I was wondering if there are any others ahead/ behind her in the queue. It would be helpful to try and time when to send off for her PCC and medicals as obviously if she does them when she was originally told to (10 months and 12 months after application) it will shortens the time she will have to validate her visa or make the permanent move to Oz (assuming of course her visa is granted). I'm sure others are in the same boat and would also find this useful.

Hi everyone

To those of you who have had their eHealth medicals offshore, particularly in the UK, can you tell me how and when the results were communicated to you

I know the panel doctor cannot divulge the info , he sends the results to OZ, but nowhere on the DIAC/DIBP sites is there an indication how the applicant is notified

Can anyone help please ?

We weren't told anything about the medicals, the next thing we knew we got the request for the AOS. I presume you would hear something though if they were not successful.

Hi everyone

Can anyone help please ?

If it's A grade then it will be as quickly as 7 days but if it's referred it'll be longer. I struck up a good relationship with the clinic and rang them on the 7th day to check. They confirmed we were all A grade. I'm not sure if they should have told us...

Hi everyone

Can anyone help please ?

Hi Barry,

I have done offshore eHealth medial couple of times for various visas. You are never communicated or notified about the results if it is a paper application like contributory parent visa. You can see the medical status (whether DIAC has received it or not) if you apply online. About the result, you are communicated only if there is any issue.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Blueray

Usually DIAC is concerned primarily about major illnesses like Tuberculosis, HIV, Cancer, High Blood Pressure, Heart disease or any other major illness. If anyone has these illnesses, he/she will know it before going for medical.In eHealth medical, the tests done are ....Blood test, Urine test, Blood pressure , height, eight, eye power and chest Xray. You are supposed to register online on DIAC website with your HAP ID, fill up an eForm online before going for medical and declare if you have any illness or surgery history. So if anyone is clear about everything then there is a least chance of any issue. DIAC is mainly concerned about the expenditure that will incur on the migrant after migration. As for me , I do periodic check up of my health and I know my health condition, hence , I was not all that worried about medical. Fisher1 is correct, one can get a premedical check up done if he/she has any doubt. Once you do medical for DIAC the doctor or nursing home is not supposed to disclose the result to you unless you have some one known there. If anyone wants to know which all tests the panel doctors do then download this PDF file... https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kerpwis2gu2hnb/panel-doctors-instructions.pdf . I hope this will help many. This is the detailed instructions for panel doctors so we know in detail how the medical is done.

Edited by Blueray

Anyone on here waiting to hear about their parent (permanent and temporary) contributory visa? My MIL applied in September last year (2013). I read on here CO weren't being assigned until 22 months after application. She's contacted DIAC and they've confirmed the waiting time is 16 months.

I was wondering if there are any others ahead/ behind her in the queue. It would be helpful to try and time when to send off for her PCC and medicals as obviously if she does them when she was originally told to (10 months and 12 months after application) it will shortens the time she will have to validate her visa or make the permanent move to Oz (assuming of course her visa is granted). I'm sure others are in the same boat and would also find this useful.

Hello Lou 8670

Good to hear about the waiting time of 16 months, however as you rightly said, other people have been told longer waiting times. I think we just have to wait and hope.

Here are our Time Lines so far. 143 Visa lodged in June 2013. Acknowledged in August 2013, first VAC had already been taken. PCC done May 2014, and medicals June 2014 (panel doctor not really allowed to say what the results are, but you do get a very good idea as to how it all went. We were told no to to lose any sleep over it!! So we drew our own conclusions from that statement). Hope this helps. By the way, how do you put all that info on the bottom of your messages? Sorry if that sounds a bit thick!

Hi Deesydney, With the 301 queue being reduced the length of waiting time could be ten years, who knows. All I can tell you is that ours has been reduced by over 7000 in four years However there are still over eleven thousand ahead of us in the queue. we're still expecting to wait another five years but that could change if the allocation increases which it has done in previous years.

Hi Deesydney, With the 301 queue being reduced the length of waiting time could be ten years, who knows. All I can tell you is that ours has been reduced by over 7000 in four years However there are still over eleven thousand ahead of us in the queue. we're still expecting to wait another five years but that could change if the allocation increases which it has done in previous years.

Hi pat & bill

Do you not mean visa 103, because, according to the DIAC the 301 visa was withdrawn in 1994 ?

Cheers Barry

Guest jen1977

Lou8670 - I am doubting that the waiting time to get a CO is 16 months. My FIL lodged his 143 visa end Jan 2013 and he is yet to hear anything. We changed his migration agent to Go Matilda last month and they contacted immigration to be told it was Oct/nov before he is expected to be assigned at CO. That will make it approx 21-22 months. We are hoping it will be earlier, but not getting our hopes up

Thanks a ton for your input johnbshepherd

Hi Deesydney

It sounds as if two different people wrote the two paragraphs you quote! The Immigration Dept , under its various names, has a history of exaggerating the waiting time for the non-contributory parent visas - perhaps to encourage people to apply for the contributory versions. I had a queue date of May 2007 for the 804 visa and when I joined the queue I was told that I would have to wait twenty years or more before I heard from them again. In fact I actually got the visa in December last year - less than seven years after the queue date. Other people I know had similar experiences with both the 804 and 103 visas. If they are already processing people with queue dates in March 2008 your mum would have about 4-5 more years to wait. It is really up to you whether you think that the shorter waiting time for the contributory visa is worth around $50,000. Take little notice of the queue date calculator by the way. It still says that there are several hundred people ahead of me in the queue even though I already have the visa

Cheers

Edited by deesydney