SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Sent my CO an email asking if they had received my further evidence... no email back yet. I hope that means she has!

They don't all acknowledge. Don't worry, if it was signed for on delivery (check PO website) then its there :)

Did your CO know you had flights tomorrow or where you just waiting and hoping. Congratulations to you and all the best

He knew ..he told me it would be the 2nd of march thats why I booked the 5th .. and in 5 hours I will be leaving for oz .. and will see my wife ..:smile:

Application Launched:Subclass 300: 27 DEC 2012

Co Assigned: 20 Feb 2013 requested medicals and letter from Celebrant

Evidence Submitted: 26 Feb 2013

CO Replied: 01 Mar 2013( I have now completed my assessment of the application and can advise that it has been queued for decision. Once the application reaches the front of the queue a final assessment will be made by our Senior Visa Officer. If any further information is required at that time we will contact you. Otherwise you will be notified of the visa decision.)

Can some one got a similar reply and when can we expect the visa... thanks

Guest GeorgeD
Sent my CO an email asking if they had received my further evidence... no email back yet. I hope that means she has!

I wrote to my CO with more evidence. Then emailed to confirm receipt. Then again. Then again. Then scanned it all again and emailed it, then asked for confirmation of receipt. Then emailed saying I would have to send a letter by recorded delivery from Oz with all the evidence again and print outs of each of my repeated requests for confirmation that I had responded to their direct request for information within a specific timescale, as without the confirmation I could not be sure I was complying with their request and the 6 weeks she had given me was coming to an end. A few hours later I got an email saying ..."I confirm receipt of the requested information." It almost took a week for every word of that email.

Don't be overly surprised if you don't hear anything!

My CO just emailed me. She said my husband and I meet the relationship requirements for a permanent residency visa subclass 100. Yeah!!!! She only asked for one thing to send my official police check translation, which I already did, but I will send it to her a 1000 times if she wants to :biggrin: The feeling to know you can get what you have been dreaming for a long time is unbelievable. I am really happy. :biggrin:

Nickos, did you already take your police check? I thought those were referred a bit later on at the moment? I ask because I applied earlier than you did but haven't been requested any police checks nor had a message telling me the same thing as you (though we had some further evidence required which has been sent on). Bit confused here.

Hi all I'm really confused and would like some advice please. My hubby and I, (we've been married six years, been living together for 8 years, no kids) will be applying for spouse visa for him. However in all these years we ave never bothered to get a joint bank account as it suited us to keep things as they were. We share expenses and so forth and my bank accounts are under my married name however my passports aren't. I hold an Aussie and an Italian passport which us y I can live and work in UK without restrictions.

Will our not having joint accounts and so on affect our proving ours is a real and genuine relationship? We got married in perth as tat is where my family lives. Any advice would be appreciated. We just never thought of doing anything as we never thought we would move to perth but now I'm concerned.

Hi all I'm really confused and would like some advice please. My hubby and I, (we've been married six years, been living together for 8 years, no kids) will be applying for spouse visa for him. However in all these years we ave never bothered to get a joint bank account as it suited us to keep things as they were. We share expenses and so forth and my bank accounts are under my married name however my passports aren't. I hold an Aussie and an Italian passport which us y I can live and work in UK without restrictions.

Will our not having joint accounts and so on affect our proving ours is a real and genuine relationship? We got married in perth as tat is where my family lives. Any advice would be appreciated. We just never thought of doing anything as we never thought we would move to perth but now I'm concerned.

You don't have to have a joint account. What you need is evidence you are both living as a couple at your address. So having things like bills in either or both your names to the same address, showing you on the car insurance together, that sort of thing.

We submitted things like council tax proof where we are both listed. Then my name only in phone bills. Hubby's name only on electric bills. That sort of thing. We provided this sort of evidence going back a number of years.

Guest GeorgeD
Thanks for your reply snifter. Out of interest is there an age limit on this type of visa? Hubby turns 46 in may..

Nope, there is no age limit to the Spouse Visa for the applicant or sponsor (other than you need to be old enough to be legally married!

As Snifter says you don't need a joint account. A joint account is an example of the type of evidence which can help prove you are in a genuine and continuing relationship. The key word there is 'example.' There are lots of other ways to do this, separate bank accounts to the same address. Some buills in your name, some in your partners, sent to the same address, etc.

Nickos, did you already take your police check? I thought those were referred a bit later on at the moment? I ask because I applied earlier than you did but haven't been requested any police checks nor had a message telling me the same thing as you (though we had some further evidence required which has been sent on). Bit confused here.

I sent my police check with my application. Actually I got the police check in December. If it is valid for a year I am still ok as I am plannig to go in October. She requested some further documents to see if I meet with the requirements for a permanent visa. When she received my further documents she emailed me to say she is satisfied and I can get the permanent one ( probably after my medicals she can say it for sure). I am not sure about my Hungarian police check as it is only valid for 90 days and she only asked for the translation again as she could not find it. But I already have an application ready to ask it again if she needs it. (Hungarian police checks are cheap.)

Maybe you should email your CO about the further evidence you sent to see what she/he will say.

Best of luck to you.

Sent my application off on Saturday at long last, got an email from them yesterday, i'd sent off a cheque as payment and for some reason didn't realise that wasn't a valid payment method! Replied with my card details so will hopefully be getting a CO soon. The waiting begins!

Each CO is different, some ask for stuff sooner, some tell you if you are going to get PR, and others just say 'we have what we need, I'll be uiin contact in a few months'. We had no contact from our CO once she had what she needed. About a month after Visa was granted she returned all our stuff. Others have had there stuff returned before granting. So don't worry what others get told or asked for. Good luck with the waiting :)

Hi guys, we'll be getting things ready to apply in june, don't want to wait until after july incase things change again! What are the current waiting times? Where can I find the spread sheet?

I've moved your post to this thread as I think this is the one you were meaning for the spread sheet.

Current wait time is 8-9 months from application.

Spread sheet is here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

E-mail back from my new CO! Only bit of extra info they need is my SO's birth cert, not sure if that's here or back in Aus. Not too difficult anyway, glad I don't need to send anything more. Went back and looked at the start of the thread, can't believe people went from applying to it being granted in a month! Mental!

Hi, just wondering if this would be a problem if we applied in june?

We lived together january-july last year, then went travelling around new zealand, when we came back in august we stayed with my mum until november as we had to both be in work before we could move into our own place again, but have no bills etc just a couple of letters addressed to paul and a few to me at my mums address, plus we'd have a stat dec from her to say we lived there with her for the 3 months. Since november onwards we've been renting together again and continue to do this til we go to aus. Does anyone think the 3 month period of not living together 'on paper' will be a problem? we were but just at my mums. I don't want to risk it getting rejected!

I don't see how it would be a problem; remember that unless your mum is Aussie, it's a witness statement you want, not a stat dec. I would have her write a statement saying you lived together at her home at the time, and have the statement witnessed by a solicitor. We did this as we've only lived together at my mum's, so we had little evidence together apart from bank statements, etc. but she clarified that we contribute financially towards the house and do chores, etc.

Okay cool that's great news I could get my mum to do that, what about the time we were in NZ? Would that just count as a long holiday together? We've only got flight tickets and pictures as our evidence of being in NZ together, would that be enough? (they can't expect you to have loads of evidence on holiday can they?!)

So long as you show you travelled together I can't see it being a problem, but I may be wrong. I don't think pictures really count for anything, they don't ask for them in the booklet. We didn't include any and when we had further evidence requested, they weren't asked for.