SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just a bit about them, where/how they met their Aus OH, where they plan on moving to in Aus and the usual. Nothing major. Of course, people don't have to share anything but it can be nice to just get an idea of who we are talking to rather than just discussing the extremely long waiting times or who has what CO.

I know some of those currently applying as they post elsewhere round the forum but many in this thread seem to only post here so not much to go on. I chat to those elsewhere and in PM which is nice. I also use other areas of the forum (and our sister forum) for info on the migrating aspects like shipping and so on.

Hey Snifter, I am originally from Melbourne and as Melbourne was not working out for me career-wise/love-wise, I decided to up and leave and move to Perth for something new (call it a quarter-life crisis perhaps). Within a few months I had met a wonderful English man and landed a job with a large mining company... him and I were inseperable from then on. We considered living in England for a while, but as I had already made a big move across Aus, we thought it best to try the Aus Visa route. Plus the money we can both make here in Perth will really help with the wedding/house deposit. Once fiance gets his visa, we will live and marry in Perth - but we plan to buy a home in Melbourne, closer to my family.

I sometimes wonder where I would be now, had we decided to go and live together in England. He is from Yorkshire and I find myself daydreaming about living there... after I visited, I could see us setting up a little home together there. I guess that is always a possibility!

quick update .. I sent CO an email about booking flights and what not ..unfortunately hes out of office until wednesday so with a bit of luck I will be on the plane next monday/tuesday ..last week in feb time for granting please DIAC ..if any july /august applicants have an update please share ..

My family have moved to Syd (parents, brother sis)since November due to the crisis in Greece. We are all born in Sydney but moved to a greek island in '98. My fathers earnings reduced by 60-70% in the lapse of 1.5 yrs even though competitors closed down too! I moved to the UK to study where I met my Fiancée and we now are also wanting to join my family in Sydney but we have to wait for his visa first. It's a big decision and will miss all our friends over here in the UK but think it's for the best...the economy is not looking good here either...and I'm kinda fed up with this weather!haha Not to mention I had HUGE problems with my EX-BOSS (YEEESSS HE GOT FIRED!!!) so I was kind of fed up with my life in the UK

What is your story?

Met my husband about 10 years ago. We did the long distance thing for a couple of years till he moved to the UK and we decided to make a go of it. Married for about 5 years now, have a son and both want to spend some time in Aus for our son to know his heritage, family and so on. Hubby has been gone 7-8 years now and he's looking forward to going home. Very happy here in the UK so not moving to try to change our life or happiness quota or anything. Just the part and parcel of being with someone from another country. Bit of compromise, give and take and all that. Looking forward to Aus though. Will be settling in Adelaide.

Hey Snifter, I am originally from Melbourne and as Melbourne was not working out for me career-wise/love-wise, I decided to up and leave and move to Perth for something new (call it a quarter-life crisis perhaps). Within a few months I had met a wonderful English man and landed a job with a large mining company... him and I were inseperable from then on. We considered living in England for a while, but as I had already made a big move across Aus, we thought it best to try the Aus Visa route. Plus the money we can both make here in Perth will really help with the wedding/house deposit. Once fiance gets his visa, we will live and marry in Perth - but we plan to buy a home in Melbourne, closer to my family.

I sometimes wonder where I would be now, had we decided to go and live together in England. He is from Yorkshire and I find myself daydreaming about living there... after I visited, I could see us setting up a little home together there. I guess that is always a possibility!

Anything is possible :) The thing to consider if you do decide to head to the UK is that it is harder now to get a spouse/partner visa than it used to be. Minimum earnings required etc and more needed if kids are involved. It was a bit complex and overwhelming when I looked at it a while back. Thankfully it won't be an issue for us but it could catch out others. Make sure if you seriously want to consider it that you read up on it in advance and keep an eye on it for changes in the future.

Yorkshire is a lovely part of the world and it may be you'll want to spend a few years in the UK further down the road. My Aus hubby is very happy here in the UK but the lure of home is strong after 7-8 years away. Life is always a compromise for couples from different countries. One of you is always living outside of their home country. About the only time you are on equal footing there is if you choose to live in a neutral country. That often works really well I notice.

Also - Anyone out there got LG as a case officer? I dont see her name pop up that often - also wondering if anyone who has LG has applied around end July/August and have heard from her?

Nope, not mine either.

I've yet to see anyone mention the initials of my CO. I don't mention them on here but its interesting to note no one else has.

I'm from Victoria and been in the UK for 13 years, acquiring a husband and a couple of kids along the way :wink:

The partner visa is for my British husband who has been to Oz before but not for more than 3 weeks at a time. Similar to Snifter, we are happy here but I am finding the long winters very difficult and really miss having my family near by (which I have only found since having the kids). The downside of that is moving away from his parents, who are likely to be gutted although hopefully not surprised. We see them for a weekend every 6 weeks or so and they dote on the grandkids....we are seeing them this weekend and will be telling them our plans....hope it goes ok.

Whilst I can't wait to go, we are in no particular hurry for the visa and will make plans about when to go later in the year once decisions about our current work situations are made. I really really hope my husband likes Australia (we are going to Melbourne) - it has been his decision to apply for the visa now, I have kept quiet about moving back as I wanted it to be his decision. But if it really doesn't work we can always move back (finances permitting!). I can't quite believe it's happening and think I'll feel a huge weight lifted once the visas is actually issued.

Yes, I'm afraid it is, for everyone, no matter how straight forward or complicated your case is, and no matter how much you apply with. You can always go out on a tourist visa though, and then go off-shore for the grant date. As long as you discuss it with your CO you should be fine. :)

Is this visa grant week ? Who knows were will the DIAC wheel of fortune will land this week ..IT COULD BE YOU ..:biggrin:

I wish Andy!!! No I would actually be happy if we got a bit of an estimate from our CO instead! Flights are booked for the man to go offshore (end of his Tourist Visa's coming up) hoping the end of the TV and the PMV grant coincide... We're using the end of his tourist visa as an excuse to head o/s for a little holiday before he has to come back and start work (and before wedding madness begins!)

Might have to email the CO in the next couple of days to try to get a bit of an idea of a time frame.... fingers crossed

I wish Andy!!! No I would actually be happy if we got a bit of an estimate from our CO instead! Flights are booked for the man to go offshore (end of his Tourist Visa's coming up) hoping the end of the TV and the PMV grant coincide... We're using the end of his tourist visa as an excuse to head o/s for a little holiday before he has to come back and start work (and before wedding madness begins!)

Might have to email the CO in the next couple of days to try to get a bit of an idea of a time frame.... fingers crossed

hey kitty I just checked the flight I had planned to book its just gone up 3500 euro ..haha I guess I wont be going on tuesday then .. I have been waiting for CO to mail me back today with an exact date but so far nothing ..I have a job to start on the 14th of feb so this is starting to get really tight for me now ..I love playing DIAC wheel of fortune ..

I applied back in September 2012 and am still waiting... need to do my medicals at some point..

If you applied back in September for a partner visa I'd be looking to get it done by now, especially if you've already done your police check as the activation clock would have started ticking from that date.

Ok flight is booked for tuesday CO assures me visa granted monday morning ..I sent copy of flight info and its all good ..heres hoping others get theres sorted quickly and remember the next time the DIAC visa wheel of fortune spins it could be you :biggrin:

Thats great news Andy how exciting! Did you get a good price on your flight? I myself got a good deal on a flight last night for our trip to Asia - hopefully it was a good night all round for booking flights! :wink:

I know some people dont mind when their visa gets granted but personally I just hate the unknown, especially when plans are made around that time (or you have a job to start!)

A friend of ours wants to employ my fiance but he needs someone to fill the job quite soon - just hoping we dont miss the opportunity because we have to wait about a month or so for the visa.....

hey kitty ..ya I have got the ticket booked for tuesday morning ..let us know how you get on with your CO ..hopefully the timing will all work out for you ..

I'll wait for the CO to give me the nudge...

Odd they haven't already if its an off shore partner visa and you are in the UK. They have been asking for applicants to do them 3 months after submitting their application along with police check around the same time. This gives the applicant about 6 months once the visa is granted (if within 8-9 months) to make their activation trip.

If you applied back in September you are at the 6/7 month point or so now which does seem a long wait on the medical is all.

In the letter the CO sent out to me for their first contact I had a reference number to use for my medical and my CO told me I could not take it before a certain date (which was 3 months to the day of my application being submitted) and was to get it done after that date using the ref number when booking etc. That seems to be the standard atm but not sure how long they have been doing this. A while I am sure as I was made aware of not being able to take my medical back when I was filling out my application and that it would be requested by CO for a certain time frame.

Edited by Guest

Hi guys, quick question - if you get your evidence (cards etc) returned without hearing that any extra evidence is required does that your application is complete (excluding medical and pcc)? What i mean is, is it likely that further evidence could still be requested?

I got mine back and then had a request for extra info emailed to me from my CO. Wasn't a biggie and I just sent it off and emailed her to ask could she confirm if it was all in order, she said yes it was so I took it to mean she didn't require anything else, just my medical and police check next month.

I got mine back and then had a request for extra info emailed to me from my CO. Wasn't a biggie and I just sent it off and emailed her to ask could she confirm if it was all in order, she said yes it was so I took it to mean she didn't require anything else, just my medical and police check next month.

Hi Sniffer,

thanks for the reply; fingers crossed we dont hear that she neeeds any further info.

I applied back in September 2012 and am still waiting... need to do my medicals at some point..

Hey GreatDane,

Further to Snifter's prompting, I would give your CO a nudge to see if you should get your medical done.

Unlike Snifter's CO, we were advised upon application that the CO would get back in touch when he wanted the medicals (and police checks) done. He got back in touch at the 3 month mark and then gave the HAP number to provide to the hospital when doing the medicals.

OH had his medical last month, and we applied a month after you. So it's prob about time that you got yours sorted, in case it needs to be referred (touch wood that it doesn't!!!!).

Good luck!