SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Spoke to my CO this week and she said that they're still looking at April for mine, which would be 9 months. If she gets the go-ahead to process more and if she can push ours through any earlier then she will, but at this stage it's still looking like the full 9 month period for me.

hey chuckles did they origanly tell you 6-8 months ?

Guest guest80131
hey chuckles did they origanly tell you 6-8 months ?

The day we sent the application in, yes they did... However once they had received the application, all correspondance said 9 months.

CO assigned here and evidence returned, and I have to send in my hubby's birth certificate copy. Extreme relief as I was worried we'd be asked to provide more evidence, which I just don't have. Medicals requested for after 4/5/2013. Cutting it a bit fine as we plan to go out in June but hey ho, I'm happy, the ball is rolling.

I haven't been on here in a while so thought I'd drop in to see what's been happening and unfortunately it looks like there aren't many visa's being granted at the moment - or at least not for members on here. I've got my fingers crossed for all the July applicants that you get good news soon!

As expected, I haven't heard anything further about my visa. I'm expecting it to be at least another 2 months, and probably longer, before I get any news. Here's hoping the next few months fly past for us all :biggrin:

Edited by kaoticturtle
missing punctuation...

I think I've sorted it out - someone had applied a filter which only showed some of the lines :-)

You had as it was showing everyone that I could see. Only someone else appears to have messed with it.

I just had a look and its only showing 12 people and that it was edited about 2 hours ago now.

I've not added my stats to it (don't plan to) but not sure who is overseeing the spreadsheet now. Anyways, am not going to tinker to see why its only showing 12 people (none of this years showing atm).

Edited by Guest

I applied to Australia House in July, for my partner visa. The application was acknowledged on 31 July 2012.

I moved out to Australia on 5 December 2012 - on a tourist visa.

I was told in mid January (after a gentle push for information via email!!) that my partner visa would be ready in February, I just needed to let my Case Officer know what dates I would be out of the country (it had to be a minimum of 3 working days).

So I booked my flights to Auckland for 4th February and I woke up on 5th February, in Auckland, to the email confirming that my visa had been granted.

I flew back into Brisbane on 9th February - a little aprehensive that they might question me at immigration. But I walked straight through - no dramas at all!!!

So now the painful part... I have to find a job - I was enjoying being on a tourist visa as it meant I could spend my days being a "tourist"!!!

After the initial stress of getting all the paperwork together, I would recommend to everyone to just forget about the application. Don't stress, don't worry, just let it all happen!! And make sure you supply them with what they need as soon as possible (like medicals etc).

I applied to Australia House in July, for my partner visa. The application was acknowledged on 31 July 2012.

I moved out to Australia on 5 December 2012 - on a tourist visa.

I was told in mid January (after a gentle push for information via email!!) that my partner visa would be ready in February, I just needed to let my Case Officer know what dates I would be out of the country (it had to be a minimum of 3 working days).

So I booked my flights to Auckland for 4th February and I woke up on 5th February, in Auckland, to the email confirming that my visa had been granted.

I flew back into Brisbane on 9th February - a little aprehensive that they might question me at immigration. But I walked straight through - no dramas at all!!!

So now the painful part... I have to find a job - I was enjoying being on a tourist visa as it meant I could spend my days being a "tourist"!!!

After the initial stress of getting all the paperwork together, I would recommend to everyone to just forget about the application. Don't stress, don't worry, just let it all happen!! And make sure you supply them with what they need as soon as possible (like medicals etc).

Hey Netbg, congrats, can I ask who your CO was? :)

Fab news your visa is granted :) Fingers crossed you find a job soon.

And what you say above, about forgetting about the application is exactly my approach. Before I'd even submitted I decided I was just going to forget about it and carry on with our plans and stuff and not sit and fret about it. Its an 8-9 month wait and little is going to alter in that respect I am sure. I've my medical to do in April and a police check to submit by then also and apart from that, nothing else afaik.

Congrats on your visa; I'll be doing the same as you, can I ask, did you have to print anything off or was it electronic?

I'm taking the same approach as Snifter, no fretting or worrying or pacing will get me there faster, and knowing I'm going out in June anyway is a comfort to me, so once I've submitted my OH's birth certificate, I won't be thinking about it until I take my medicals in May.

Hello everyone ..I have just received confirmation from CO that the visa will be granted on the 2nd of march ..I had planed on going on a holiday visa but when we received this confirmation have decided to wait ..I cant believe that this all over and I get to see my wife and start our future ..I hope for anybody waiting that there visa is granted soon and would like to thank everyone on here for there support and advice ..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hello everyone ..I have just received confirmation from CO that the visa will be granted on the 2nd of march ..I had planed on going on a holiday visa but when we received this confirmation have decided to wait ..I cant believe that this all over and I get to see my wife and start our future ..I hope for anybody waiting that there visa is granted soon and would like to thank everyone on here for there support and advice ..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That is awesome news Andy! An August applicant... that is really cool!

Especially for me as we are Sept applicants and the end of my fiance's tourist visa is fast approaching!!! Let's hope the riming is right and his tourist visa coincides with the grant!

Good luck with it all and keep us in the loop about your departure to Aus :)

Just about to post my spouse visa application to the High Commission... Here's hoping we can get everything processed and approved by November.

Does the time it takes to complete related to your circumstances? I.e. lots of things to prove? Or is it pretty much the same for everyone?

from what I have seen it doesn't really matter they process more or less in order except there has been a few cases on here of people been granted after other applicants when they applied first ..but that may be down to individual CO s or other influences at play .. sorry for the bad news processing times are usually what they have stated ...

Right, i'm preparing my visa application but i'm reading the website and it says a few times 'DO NOT organise your relationship evidence in sleeves/folders etc'. I'm very wary of just throwing everything into an envelope as i'm sending off quite a bit of stuff, so i'd really rather have everything divided/organised. How did everyone send off their visas?

Wow...fantastic! Congrats - only 7 months processing! I take it you too were quoted 8-9 initially?

And out of curiosity what did you say/do to prompt your CO to confirm when your visa would be granted? Was it because you were planning to travel as a tourist to Oz, anyway?

Just about to post my spouse visa application to the High Commission... Here's hoping we can get everything processed and approved by November.

Does the time it takes to complete related to your circumstances? I.e. lots of things to prove? Or is it pretty much the same for everyone?

Nope, nothing to do with it.

Right, i'm preparing my visa application but i'm reading the website and it says a few times 'DO NOT organise your relationship evidence in sleeves/folders etc'. I'm very wary of just throwing everything into an envelope as i'm sending off quite a bit of stuff, so i'd really rather have everything divided/organised. How did everyone send off their visas?

They do apparently just take it all out.

I decided to put all our supporting evidence, photocopies of bills etc in a plastic sleeve as there was heaps of it and it all kept falling about and the application forms, passport pics, our supporting statements and certified docs in another. The rest we left loose. So 2 years worth of salary slips, stat decs left loose. I didn't staple anything or use any clips. Just 2 clear thin plastic sleeves that all anyone had to do was pull a heap of paper out of. It actually made sure it all fitted in the envelope properly. Very snug.

I did organise everything in the supporting evidence into order in terms of calendar dates and addresses lived at etc. So oldest at the bottom, newest at the top.

They do apparently just take it all out.

I decided to put all our supporting evidence, photocopies of bills etc in a plastic sleeve as there was heaps of it and it all kept falling about and the application forms, passport pics, our supporting statements and certified docs in another. The rest we left loose. So 2 years worth of salary slips, stat decs left loose. I didn't staple anything or use any clips. Just 2 clear thin plastic sleeves that all anyone had to do was pull a heap of paper out of. It actually made sure it all fitted in the envelope properly. Very snug.

I did organise everything in the supporting evidence into order in terms of calendar dates and addresses lived at etc. So oldest at the bottom, newest at the top.

Thanks. I'm almost to the point of sending it off now, at the point where we're almost starting to overthink whether we've included enough stuff, so just going to send it off and if they need any more evidence then they'll ask for it. At the moment i've got everything divided in a folder but I might take your advice and split it roughly in half. Only annoying thing is there's a lot of stuff like boarding passes and tickets etc that aren't all nicely A4 sized. Oh well, it's their problem if it ends up all jumbled up!