SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just a quick question. I have council tax bills which would be great as a proof, but they misspelled my name on it. Can I still send it to my CO and explain it?

nickos? Can I assume a fellow ellhnas? :)

I think this should be fine as in greek my last name as an ou as an ending since I am female but my aussie passport ends with os as I took my fathers last name exactly how it was spelt....Didnt seem to be a problem...

lets hope there's some granting done on friday ..flight picked everything ready just need to get grant and fly ...here is hoping that it wont be another week

Have you already booked your flight without getting the grant??

I too want to book my tickets at least 2 months in adv but it is difficult with these time processes changing all the time!!!

I too want to book my tickets at least 2 months in adv but it is difficult with these time processes changing all the time!!!

Why not book a changeable ticket? Its not that much of a surcharge and gives you leeway if you want to swap your departure date.

Hey btw to all who have applied for their partner visas as of 2013 do you want to add to this speadsheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

There is also a 2013 thread

Thanks but will decline. I know about the spreadsheet but I have no desire to add myself to it. I'm not so het up on all the dates and timings so don't see much point. Its an 8-9 month wait, it'll be done in that timeframe which is fine for me :)

FWIW am probably going over sooner on a tourist visa.

Interesting to see the amount of people applying for spouse/partner visas on here though. I don't see many of the names elsewhere round the forum. Anyone got a backstory to share or any plans on where they are heading etc?

Why not book a changeable ticket? Its not that much of a surcharge and gives you leeway if you want to swap your departure date.

I was also thinking of doing this! I will look into it tonight...we are on a tight budget that's all do not think we can afford more than £650 each one-way!!!

Thank you tho!

Thanks but will decline. I know about the spreadsheet but I have no desire to add myself to it. I'm not so het up on all the dates and timings so don't see much point. Its an 8-9 month wait, it'll be done in that timeframe which is fine for me :)

FWIW am probably going over sooner on a tourist visa.

Interesting to see the amount of people applying for spouse/partner visas on here though. I don't see many of the names elsewhere round the forum. Anyone got a backstory to share or any plans on where they are heading etc?

When you say backstory do you mean why people are migrating or anybody's experience of the partner visa process

When you say backstory do you mean why people are migrating or anybody's experience of the partner visa process

Just a bit about them, where/how they met their Aus OH, where they plan on moving to in Aus and the usual. Nothing major. Of course, people don't have to share anything but it can be nice to just get an idea of who we are talking to rather than just discussing the extremely long waiting times or who has what CO.

I know some of those currently applying as they post elsewhere round the forum but many in this thread seem to only post here so not much to go on. I chat to those elsewhere and in PM which is nice. I also use other areas of the forum (and our sister forum) for info on the migrating aspects like shipping and so on.

Just a bit about them, where/how they met their Aus OH, where they plan on moving to in Aus and the usual. Nothing major. Of course, people don't have to share anything but it can be nice to just get an idea of who we are talking to rather than just discussing the extremely long waiting times or who has what CO.

I know some of those currently applying as they post elsewhere round the forum but many in this thread seem to only post here so not much to go on. I chat to those elsewhere and in PM which is nice. I also use other areas of the forum (and our sister forum) for info on the migrating aspects like shipping and so on.

My family have moved to Syd (parents, brother sis)since November due to the crisis in Greece. We are all born in Sydney but moved to a greek island in '98. My fathers earnings reduced by 60-70% in the lapse of 1.5 yrs even though competitors closed down too! I moved to the UK to study where I met my Fiancée and we now are also wanting to join my family in Sydney but we have to wait for his visa first. It's a big decision and will miss all our friends over here in the UK but think it's for the best...the economy is not looking good here either...and I'm kinda fed up with this weather!haha Not to mention I had HUGE problems with my EX-BOSS (YEEESSS HE GOT FIRED!!!) so I was kind of fed up with my life in the UK

What is your story?

Finally got OH's birth certificate certified yesterday so sending that off today special delivery. My CO has asked for my email too, should I just pop that on a bit of paper?

You can email it I'd think. From the email address you are giving is the best bet.

I had to write something and as it was more of a letter thing I put that on paper and included it with the other requested evidence.

I did reply with my email via husband's email as that was the one she'd contacted, didn't get a reply though so maybe I'll just include it on a piece of paper too to be safe.

Also, should I address the envelope to my CO or Australia House?

I addressed to CO. In the PDF they email they give you their contact info if you need to get in touch so I went with the full works rather than just Aus House.

Hi ..No not yet i Have it all sorted and picked ..I was told it would be done by the 2nd of march but wit the clause on the bottom saying time frame not guaranteed so I am just going to wait ..the prices have not changed much and only seem to go up a couple of euros every few days ..Was really hoping it would of been last week but its not to be I have seen some other grants of people who applied the same day or a little after me so I am hopeful they will sort it in this coming week ..

by the way if anyones intrested skyscanner seems to be the cheapest I can find for flights around 680 euro from dublin maybe cheaper from uk and thats to darwin .

Just adding on from this initial question on the thread if I may...

I've applied for a partner visa and all my information, medical and police check has been accepted. My CO sent me an email saying that my visa will be granted 8-9 months from the date my application was recieved.

Now, when I replied back thanking her and then asking how I would find out when I can go, the response she gave me was the same as I've said above. All I asked was if I would receive an email or a letter confirming I can go and she wouldn't give me an answer.

Can anyone tell me if, when its your time, do you get an email or a letter through the post confirming you can go?

Thanks in advance

I believe you get what's called a visa grant and validation date, but you can 'go' any time you like on a tourist visa, you would just need to tell your CO you're leaving the country and they will email you previous to your grant with a grant date and advising you to leave the country for three days in the week whilst it's granted so that it isn't invalid (offshore lodge, onshore grant can't be done, they invalidate each other). I think you get the grant through email.

I believe you get what's called a visa grant and validation date, but you can 'go' any time you like on a tourist visa, you would just need to tell your CO you're leaving the country and they will email you previous to your grant with a grant date and advising you to leave the country for three days in the week whilst it's granted so that it isn't invalid (offshore lodge, onshore grant can't be done, they invalidate each other). I think you get the grant through email.

Unfortunately for me, I can't afford to go early on a tourist visa because not being able to work for 3-4 months isn't something I can financially adjust for, especially considering my partner and I have just layed out a deposit for our place in Melbourne.

Just wanted to know when it is you get this visa grant number/validation date and how it's going to arrive so therefore I can make plans (flight/employment)