SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Finally.. application sent today front loaded.. And so it begins!!

How did you front load? Was that police check or medical? Or both?

They don't let you take your medical now till a date set by your CO once assigned. You need a reference number your CO gives you and so on. And police checks are also meant to be done around the same time. This is because the process is taking about 9 months and they want people to have ample time to activate once granted.

when i say front loaded snifter i meant laden with information to hopefully avoid an additional request for more.. luckily the advice on earlier threads told me not to go lengths of police checks & medicals at this early stage..

Ah ok. Front loading also means when you submit your medical and police check at the same time as the rest of your application.

I sent in heaps and still got a request for a couple of things. No biggies and was expecting to be asked for it but as it wasn't on the list to submit with the application we didn't include it and waited to be asked.

I have been assigned with a CO today. (In order to assess whether you meet the definition of being in a ‘long term relationship’ (and so may be eligible for the grant of a permanent visa, rather than a temporary visa), please provide further evidence to show that you have been in a relationship with your current sponsor from February 2010.) I have been with my husband since 2006 and it is a bit weird they are only asking for more evidence since 2010. We got married in 2011. Do they only ask for more evidence because it is possible I will get the permanent visa first instead of the temporary visa?

Guest GeorgeD
I have been assigned with a CO today. (In order to assess whether you meet the definition of being in a ‘long term relationship’ (and so may be eligible for the grant of a permanent visa, rather than a temporary visa), please provide further evidence to show that you have been in a relationship with your current sponsor from February 2010.) I have been with my husband since 2006 and it is a bit weird they are only asking for more evidence since 2010. We got married in 2011. Do they only ask for more evidence because it is possible I will get the permanent visa first instead of the temporary visa?

Yes. If you can prove you have been in a genuine and ongoing relationship for 3 years then you are eligible for the PR visa. Even if you only got married 2 years ago, you may have met the requirements for defacto prior to that. Your CO is checking to see which visa you are eligible for. What this also means is that they are happy you qualify for the Temp Visa with the info you have submitted already...they just want to see if you qualify for PR immediately...it saves them doing a second stage check further down the line and it is in DIAC's best interest to check now.

Thanks. Good to know, I was a bit worried. It would be great to get the Permanent immediately. :-)

I gave them info in my application dating back the entirety of our relationship from when we began living together. So about 7-8 years worth or so, even though we have only been married for 5. It looks like I am en route for a PR if the receipt etc are anything to go by.

Hi all,

Just a question, does anyone else have VF as their CO and find her blunt and rude? We have had to submit extra evidence along the way and have asked questions which she did not answer, simply stating that it had to be done the way she states, no explanation.

Some CO are more to the point that others from my reading. I'd not worry overly and just give them the info and don't bother them unless you really need to. I sent my CO one email letting her know I'd sent the extra required info and if she was able could she confirm it was all in order. I got a reply that was one sentence. Was short and to the point but it was all I needed to hear. I've not had to ask her anything as I have had no need. She asked for info, I just got it and sent it in ASAP.

Hi all,

Just a question, does anyone else have VF as their CO and find her blunt and rude? We have had to submit extra evidence along the way and have asked questions which she did not answer, simply stating that it had to be done the way she states, no explanation.

I have VF as my case officer. She does reply in very short emails but i have found her to be quite to the point and exceptionally prompt in responding.

I don't think many of the CO's give much details or further information unfortunately.

My case officer is KP. Can anyone tell me if she granted a visa less than 8-9 month before?

Hi Nickocs he is alo my CO I was quoted 6-8 months just under 7 months now so it seems to run at what they have said I,m afraid sorry to give you bad news but I think its better if you know what time frame your in for .. the wait is the killer

My case officer is KP. Can anyone tell me if she granted a visa less than 8-9 month before?

If you've been told 8-9 months (which current applicants are) then don't expect it sooner. The wait is what it is and they give the time frame for a reason. I'd just try to put the wait time out of your mind.

I sent my application in on the 11/02/13. It was received on the 12/02/13 and the mony taken the same day. C/O assigned on the 18/02/13, medical and further info required. I was informed today 19/02/13 after just asking my c/o about the outcome of my application that my visa would be granted if I passed the medical but it's a 8-9 month wait.

Yeah thats good though CheeseCake, we were told the same, applied end of October, told less than a week later that subject to medical it would be approved end of July. We are in no hurry gives us plenty of time to get our act together and its nice to know everythings ok.... well thats if my girlfriend passes the medical which hasnt been plain sailing so far

Assigned our CO today!! had a phone call asking for one piece of info missing on application and emailed with medical& police check dates after 19/5/13.. as expected advised earliest waiting time 8 - 9 months.. seems like a pleasant CO though which always helps..

Happy Days!