SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest guest80131
have you heard anything at all ? I hit 6 months exactly on friday ..

I've heard nothing and I'm on 6 and a half months now. I was told 9 so that in itself isn't a surprise... If I had't found this forum I'd be none the wiser about the later applicants with the earlier grant. I have to hold on to that, I guess... Just a shame I've missed out on being considered for at least 2 ideal jobs dues to not being able to give a date for being in Australia.

I've heard nothing and I'm on 6 and a half months now. I was told 9 so that in itself isn't a surprise... If I had't found this forum I'd be none the wiser about the later applicants with the earlier grant. I have to hold on to that, I guess... Just a shame I've missed out on being considered for at least 2 ideal jobs dues to not being able to give a date for being in Australia.

Ya its bad alright looking back now I think I should of went on 457 sponsorship and then applied onshore ..I really hope there some granting done in the next few weeks .. what part of oz are you going too ?

Hi Andy, my OH has gone the 457 route as an interim measure so he can start working before the souse visa is granted. You can recycle your medical, police check and data from your spouse visa so this makes it quick.[/QUOTI

I think when we applied we didnt think it would be as long as it is just the seperation bit that is hard ...

Starting to get really frustrated about reading the whole 'gap' questions, regarding the gap in grant times. I applied start of Sept, and as I was in the first couple of months to be told 8-9 months, I am frustrated thinking that its going to be more like 9. When I first started coming on this forum, people were waiting 5-6 months for their visas... and they were getting them almost exactly on 5 months (or some earlier.) Then I watched as the timelines went to 6-8 months.... so after they started saying 6-8, people were still getting them around the 6 month mark. So I wonder why the hell July/Aug/Sept applicants are looking at more 9 months than 8 - when really it should be closer to just under 8 months or bang on 8 months.... then maybe oct/Nov/dec applicants would be closer to 9 months?...... it just bugs the hell out of me.

How easy is it to get a spouse visa for England - or a Youth Mobility Scheme (WHol) visa when you have an English spouse? its always in the back of my mind....

DREADFUL surprise last night! The price of partner visa's went up in January... we got charged 500 pounds more than we wxpected!!!!there goes our holiday money! I have called immi so many times whilst filling out my applications and NO ONE informed me that the price is about to go up!

Hi bluewaterz! What were you expecting to pay? We're getting our application together & when I checked last week it was £1800....really hoping its not more!

I see we are in the same boat! I too had to renew my passport first before I could sponsor thats why i ended up applying in 2013 rather that 2012

ohh nooo!! i know what a nightmare it is...my mum not only had a name change (due to divorce) but the divorce papers from greece are not recognised in aus for some silly reason so we had a nightmare to get it sorted! At least you and I finally have overcome the first hurdle :P

I think we might be the only active 2013 visa applicants atm on this forum

And I had to add a name change too. Oh the nightmare of finding someone to guarantor it...eventually I found out my dentist will. Good luck with your application!

DREADFUL surprise last night! The price of partner visa's went up in January... we got charged 500 pounds more than we wxpected!!!!there goes our holiday money! I have called immi so many times whilst filling out my applications and NO ONE informed me that the price is about to go up!

This increase was announced a fair while back. And also on the website where it lists the fees it does state clearly how much a spouse/partner visas currently costs.

Also I find it very aggrevating that they have taken money without sending us confirmation or recieving our application...im still waiting for comfirmation and to be assigned to a CO

You dont get confirmation. Your confirmation its been received is the tracking of a special delivery via the Post Office I tend to think and that they take the fee. They would need to have the application to do that. Then you see the money debited and then wait for a CO to contact you after that.

I didn't expect any different anyways. Got exactly what I was expecting which was the above.

And I had to add a name change too. Oh the nightmare of finding someone to guarantor it...eventually I found out my dentist will. Good luck with your application!

I am not sure a dentist can do that. I thought it had to be a solicitor, JP or some such for UK certified copies.

Edited by Guest
corrected typo

The last time I looked on the internet (for the price)on the website was November and there was no conversion, only dollar amount. When i exchanged the rate it was somewhere around 1300-400 pounds. There was nothing stating that increases were programmed to happen two months down the line although it did say that these prices do change. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right section of the immi website

This increase was announced a fair while back. And also on the website where it lists the fees it does state clearly how much a spouse/partner visas currently costs.

The last time I looked on the internet (for the price)on the website was November and there was no conversion, only dollar amount. When i exchanged the rate it was somewhere around 1300-400 pounds. There was nothing stating that increases were programmed to happen two months down the line although it did say that these prices do change. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right section of the immi website

They state increases can happen twice a year. July and January.

And it is very clear on the Australian High Commission website along with mandates for payment etc.

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_fees.html

Partner Migration (Application Form 47SP) AUD $2680.00 or £1800.00

Hi Snifter. Dentist sure can! It's not on the list for Aussie passports but when I rang in a panic because banks don't do it anymore, I was told a dentist can. They can also witness statements too. My dentist sure is gonna earn her fee when I go in with heaps of paperwork LOL

Hi all,

I've read the forums for ages but never joined - but just wanted to give a little hope to any July/August applicants as it seems that not many visas are coming through lately! We applied on 15th August and actually had our visa approved at the start of January. I feel bad that people have been waiting longer and that there is no rhyme or reason as to why we were granted early except perhaps a well timed email to our CO at the start of the year. We never heard from our CO nor contacted them whilst awaiting the visa (except that first email in Jan asking about the possibility of travelling on a holiday visa) and we were not at all expecting things to be granted quickly. We are married with 2 kids and can't imagine that there would be anything to doubt our case (but most cases seem straight forward anyway).

Just wanted to let people know that they are working on them ....

And also, on booking tickets to Oz with Singapore Airlines - found out that any immigrants with the appropriate visa are allowed double their luggage limit - which is quite handy to know!

Hi all,

I've read the forums for ages but never joined - but just wanted to give a little hope to any July/August applicants as it seems that not many visas are coming through lately! We applied on 15th August and actually had our visa approved at the start of January. I feel bad that people have been waiting longer and that there is no rhyme or reason as to why we were granted early except perhaps a well timed email to our CO at the start of the year. We never heard from our CO nor contacted them whilst awaiting the visa (except that first email in Jan asking about the possibility of travelling on a holiday visa) and we were not at all expecting things to be granted quickly. We are married with 2 kids and can't imagine that there would be anything to doubt our case (but most cases seem straight forward anyway).

And also, on booking tickets to Oz with Singapore Airlines - found out that any immigrants with the appropriate visa are allowed double their luggage limit - which is quite handy to know!

Congratulations!

Hi there :)

Double check that applies to this visa as IIRC it generally doesn't. Its usually for other permanent unvalidated visas but not for partner/spouse visa although sometimes some people get lucky it seems.

ETA - And congrats :)

Edited by Guest

Hi all,

Congratulations to you and your family! Out of interest, who was your CO?

Hey quick update on our end ..

We have decided to apply for a tourist visa and have sent our CO a mail to let him know of our intent ..can anyone tell me how long it takes for this to visa to be granted ??

Tourist visa (if the 3 month one) is quick. As in hours or a few days at most in my experience.