SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't really posted much on here, have been more of a lurker while I haven't actually had anything to report about my application! However, I thought I may be able to offer some hope for July applicants. My husband and I applied for his and my 1 year old son's visas on 9th July (I have Australian citizenship) and they were granted on 20th December! Lovely Christmas present!

I'm not sure why they were granted so soon, we had originally been told around a 6 month wait, then it increased to 8-9 months, so we were expecting February. My husband then phoned our CO in early December who told us to call him in January and he would see about granting it, but then surprised us without warning at the end of December! It was also the subclass 100 - even better!

I really hope that this brings some hope to some of you, the only possible reason I can think that it was granted so soon is that the police check for my husband runs out on 14th June and that is the initial entry date we have been given with the visa. Obviously we intend to be there much earlier than that, but it means we have been given just under 6 months to validate. Maybe that's why it was granted sooner than expected?

I apologise if this upsets anyone that has applied at an earlier date than we did and still have not been granted, but I suppose every case is unique and case officers will work through their own caseloads at their own pace?

Good luck to you all, I hope you all get your visas very soooooooooooon!!! ;-)

Congrats Kelloggs30! That is exciting news for you and selfishly for me - we applied for my partners visa on 14th July and were told 6-8 months and our migration agent was told to expect it in March so it is good to know they don't always stick to what they say!

Can I be a pain and ask who your CO was?

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't really posted much on here, have been more of a lurker while I haven't actually had anything to report about my application! However, I thought I may be able to offer some hope for July applicants. My husband and I applied for his and my 1 year old son's visas on 9th July (I have Australian citizenship) and they were granted on 20th December! Lovely Christmas present!

I'm not sure why they were granted so soon, we had originally been told around a 6 month wait, then it increased to 8-9 months, so we were expecting February. My husband then phoned our CO in early December who told us to call him in January and he would see about granting it, but then surprised us without warning at the end of December! It was also the subclass 100 - even better!

I really hope that this brings some hope to some of you, the only possible reason I can think that it was granted so soon is that the police check for my husband runs out on 14th June and that is the initial entry date we have been given with the visa. Obviously we intend to be there much earlier than that, but it means we have been given just under 6 months to validate. Maybe that's why it was granted sooner than expected?

I apologise if this upsets anyone that has applied at an earlier date than we did and still have not been granted, but I suppose every case is unique and case officers will work through their own caseloads at their own pace?

Good luck to you all, I hope you all get your visas very soooooooooooon!!! ;-)

congrats on your visa grant ..could you please tell us who your CO was .. thanks

Congratulations Kellogg's, I'm a little bitter because I was told mid December and I applied in June. Guess what I'm still waiting. Getting more upset by the day. I hope it's not much longer x

Have you phoned your CO? I really think that phone call makes a huge difference to getting it granted. It is very unfair how some CO's are well ahead while others are so far behind, I feel your pain and frustration. Hopefully you'll have it very soon.

Guest GeorgeD
Have you phoned your CO? I really think that phone call makes a huge difference to getting it granted. It is very unfair how some CO's are well ahead while others are so far behind, I feel your pain and frustration. Hopefully you'll have it very soon.

The phonecall around the expected grant time really does help you get over the finishing line...the number of people (myself included) who have received their visa right after calling their CO around the expected grant time suggests there is a link between the two. If they can grant it they will...if they can't, they'll probably be in a good position to tell you when they can do it and at least you can plan better.

Generally speaking, your processing time should the time you were originally told. As time goes on the timescale sometimes gets longer for new applicants. Every time you contact DIAC there will be a disclaimer on the email telling you applications are currently being processed in X number of months. This will always be the new number, but this isn't usually applied to your application, go by the original time. For an early July application being told 6 months and granted the week before Christmas...really it's been granted a week or two quicker than the original timescale. Other people who applied at the same time may take the full 6 months. It's only the first week in Jan, and with holidays, it really isn't that much beyond 6 months. It's frustrating, it's unfair, it's a nightmare, it is what it is. If you have a new CO, contact them to see if they need any more info, and ask them that now you are beyond the 6 months processing time you were originally advised, when do they anticipate aprpoving your visa.

Thanks George, im going to ring again tomorrow. its just getting me down been told mid december then before the shut down. then to find out i have a new case officer which i only found out by an automated email from my original co. Also just being the only june applicant left for the spouse visa on here. Like you said it is what it is, however its my future as well and they just dont seem to be in any rush to grant it any time soon. even after various contact :( Tomorrow is a new day it might happen then.

p.s do you know how much its costing to ring aus?

Guest GeorgeD
p.s do you know how much its costing to ring aus?

Don't you have a direct number for your CO? I'm sure I did and it was a London number. If you don't have your new CO's number, call your old CO's number and see who answers! Ask them for your new CO's details.

I know it's frustrating, but it will come eventually. It can literally pop into your mailbox any minute without you knowing it was coming. My second stage SC100 arrived out of the blue. The workings of DIAC are a mystery to us mere mortals :biggrin:

just looked through my emails from the new co, and i do have her number. my bad!!

i would love to find an email there tomorrow im off work as well so that would be a lovely treat!

Thanks for your help George and i will post it on here when i do get it :) x

So am I.

Take it from experience...it won't do you any good! It won't make you any less frustrated, in fact it probably has the opposite effect!

It takes as long as it takes. Generally speaking DIAC will tell you the processing time for your appliaction when you apply, and your application will be dealt with in that length of time. Over time, new applicants may be told a new, longer, processing time, but yours will generally still be dealt with in the time you are told. Every now and again, the odd random application slips through the net a little bit quicker. It's luck, not any magic to do with that person or application. If your application takes 9 minutes, 9 hours, 9 days, 9 weeks or 9 months of actual graft by a person to process it makes absolutely zero difference to you...it will still take as long as they said it would take when you applied.

On the plus side...generally speaking, if DIAC tell you it will take X amount of months, then it usually doesn't take any longer than that...it would be a nightmare if they said it took a certain length of time and then took double.

Hi there

When we received our notification of application our CO said because of my OH criminal conviction they couldnt give us a time frame. Have you seen other other applicants that were told this ?

any imformation would be great, we applied for an e676 VV 6 weeks ago whilst we wait for PMV and that hasnt come either my our baby is due in 8 weeks and im getting desparate

Hi there

When we received our notification of application our CO said because of my OH criminal conviction they couldnt give us a time frame. Have you seen other other applicants that were told this ?

any imformation would be great, we applied for an e676 VV 6 weeks ago whilst we wait for PMV and that hasnt come either my our baby is due in 8 weeks and im getting desparate

Hi Loubear, my fiancé also has a criminal conviction (albeit a juvenile offence) and a mistake on his ACPO certificate of a second offence that we are waiting to be fixed. We were given a timeframe, our CO didnt seem too worried about the juvenile offence, just the mistake that she wants us to have it cleared (we are doing this at the moment). Our 676 visa CO was more concerned about the offences, however we explained the second offence is a mistake and she also urged us to have it looked into - and our 676 (3 month) visa was granted in 4 business days. I would give Aus house a call, explain your situation to the person on the phone and see if you can speak to the case officer of your 676. My fiancé was given the mobile number of our 676 CO. the two CO's then discussed our case. Fiancé arrives Tues :)

May I ask if the conviction punishment totalled more than 12 months? They might just want to look into your case a little more carefully if so.

Good luck. Don't be afraid to call twice - I called 3 times waiting for the 676, and got three different answers...

Thanks Littlekitty

yes his convictions do come to more than 2 yrswhen added together mostly juvenile things, i don't want to step on our agents toes they do this day in day out and aren't worried.We know that his application is now in Hobart at the character assesment unit awaiting consideration, well it was on the 21st Dec.I was hoping the CO's would speak to each other as all my OH character refs and our stat decs are with the PMV application, the 676 CO does'nt even know im pregnant or that we have applied or PMV as far s i know unless a little flag pops up with passport numbers and names. it does mention on the bottom of the email form Hobart that you can track your application with the TRN number, passport number and DOB etc im tempted but they might email our agent direct and then it looks like im going behind her back i might email our agent again and see what she thinks. OH application was lodged on the 15th of Nov he had a phone call at work from AHC CO asking how much of his sentence he actually served he told her and she said i'm happy with that i will now forward your application to assessment unit in Hobart and that was 7 weeks ago, if they needed to investigate more would'nt they contact us for more information. There are so many grey areas, i wish they would give you little up dates instead of this forever waiting.

Thanks Littlekitty

yes his convictions do come to more than 2 yrswhen added together mostly juvenile things, i don't want to step on our agents toes they do this day in day out and aren't worried.We know that his application is now in Hobart at the character assesment unit awaiting consideration, well it was on the 21st Dec.I was hoping the CO's would speak to each other as all my OH character refs and our stat decs are with the PMV application, the 676 CO does'nt even know im pregnant or that we have applied or PMV as far s i know unless a little flag pops up with passport numbers and names. it does mention on the bottom of the email form Hobart that you can track your application with the TRN number, passport number and DOB etc im tempted but they might email our agent direct and then it looks like im going behind her back i might email our agent again and see what she thinks. OH application was lodged on the 15th of Nov he had a phone call at work from AHC CO asking how much of his sentence he actually served he told her and she said i'm happy with that i will now forward your application to assessment unit in Hobart and that was 7 weeks ago, if they needed to investigate more would'nt they contact us for more information. There are so many grey areas, i wish they would give you little up dates instead of this forever waiting.

Oh yeah seems that its just taking a bit longer with the length of convictions. I dont think it would hurt to track the application if you have the TRN number, just to get a bit of piece of mind. This is why we didnt work with an agent - I'm too much of a control freak - I need to know everything direct! I think you have different circumstances though because you are pregnant etc. Perhaps a call to your agent might give you a bit of relief.

I totally feel for you, it's stressful enough as it is applying etc. and not hearing anything back. Especially with convictions, you automatically assume the worst. DIAC arent there to punish him for his convictions, always remember that - they are always just trying to cover their own backs in case something happens, which makes things take longer! It's crazy how a simple tourist visa can be so complicated!

News on my front: the fiance is leaving Heathrow in approx 4 hours! I know my signature says he is already here ;) I got a bit excited. He arrives tomorrow night.

Now one more stress - the questions at immigration - especially as he is ticking 'yes' to criminal convictions!!!!!!!! He's only got a 3 month TV and a return ticket so hopefully there wont be any dramas. TOO EXCITED!

Hiya,oh im so happy for you i cant or well i can imagine how your feeling. I dream of that day all the time, i sent my agent and email this morn so hopefully when i wake i will have a reply, can i just ask has your fiance been here before if so did he tick yes to convictions before, when i bought OH out here in Jan our booking agent told us that as OH conviction was over 20 yrs ago it wasnt an issue and put the visa on his passport ( little did we know)he told us that all convictions were spent, when we got his acpro report we saw its not spent, arghh anyway so when OH and i came in jan this year he ticked no to convictions, we have had all that too explain too. the travel agent has written a letter saying that he thought that was the case so that helped.

Dont worry about your other half ticking yes to convictions i have been told that customs will make call to check he has the right visa and wave him through were you will be waiting, how bloomin lovely and exciting, thanks for replying to my posts. If we dont here anything in the next couple of days OH is gonna chase things up as im getting mega stressed if they say no i think i may go into labour there and then ! bet your not gonna sleep much tonight

News on my front: the fiance is leaving Heathrow in approx 4 hours! I know my signature says he is already here ;) I got a bit excited. He arrives tomorrow night.

Now one more stress - the questions at immigration - especially as he is ticking 'yes' to criminal convictions!!!!!!!! He's only got a 3 month TV and a return ticket so hopefully there wont be any dramas. TOO EXCITED!

Hiya,oh im so happy for you i cant or well i can imagine how your feeling. I dream of that day all the time, i sent my agent and email this morn so hopefully when i wake i will have a reply, can i just ask has your fiance been here before if so did he tick yes to convictions before, when i bought OH out here in Jan our booking agent told us that as OH conviction was over 20 yrs ago it wasnt an issue and put the visa on his passport ( little did we know)he told us that all convictions were spent, when we got his acpro report we saw its not spent, arghh anyway so when OH and i came in jan this year he ticked no to convictions, we have had all that too explain too. the travel agent has written a letter saying that he thought that was the case so that helped.

Dont worry about your other half ticking yes to convictions i have been told that customs will make call to check he has the right visa and wave him through were you will be waiting, how bloomin lovely and exciting, thanks for replying to my posts. If we dont here anything in the next couple of days OH is gonna chase things up as im getting mega stressed if they say no i think i may go into labour there and then ! bet your not gonna sleep much tonight

Hey guys and girls...

Having so much trouble with this visa stuff (before I have even sent it off)

Sooo we have been tying to get the money together for a while now (unfortunately my partner lost his job in August and has been out of work since!) Nowww he has had to fly back to Oz to be with his family...using half the visa money for his flight ticket, which can't be helped and I've just come on here to see that the waiting time is 8-9 months! Which is a hell of a long time to be without my lover. I reckon I can get the money together on my own by the end of Feb which means it'll be Xmas before I see him again :(

What do you rekon my chances of getting a tourist visa are while my de facto visa is processed? I understand I will have to be out of the country while it is approved which does mean extra expense I just dont know if I can go that long without seeing him!

Also, will the fact he is now back in Australia and im in the UK make any difference to the application?

Ellie