SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Urgent help please:

Hubby is going to take his visa application to the Consulate in person because of the short amount of time until Christmas shutdown.

If you lodged your 309/100 partner visa in person, what address did you take it to?

Many thanks!

I didn't lodge it in person but there is only on place and having been there with my husband it tells you where to go. it's at the op of the strand just at the end of Holborn

Hi guys, quick update on my 676 tourist visa application - fiance has a CO, no email or anything, just a phoencall from a nice lady at Immi saying she was concerned about his police checks (she got all his info from the PMV application on file). She said she needed to speak with her supervisor because he explained to her that there is a mistake on his ACPO Uk police check (record of an offence that he didnt commit, which states he commited an offence in 2009/2008 - he was in Australia at that time) all this has been explained to LG, and we are in the process of trying to get the offence removed from his record. LG has a full statement from my fiance explaining the offence records etc.

Anyway, point is... we are now at Wednesday and they still have his passport... She hasnt called him back yet and I'm panicking! I think the TV CO just wants to make sure she has the full story so she is covered. She also asked "Why did you declare the offence if you didnt do it?" haha because if he had of said - "no, I havent commited an offence, that blip on my police check wasnt me!!!" would she have just taken his word for it??? how silly.

Hopefully she calls him back as soon as Immi opens in the morning. This is a total mess and I really have no hope that he will get the tourist visa now. I've become so stressed I cant wait til this is all over and my fiance can give me a big hug.

Edited by littlekitty

So just a quick update... Sent our application for 12month e676 last weds, they asked for more details this Monday and we attached them straight away... Not heard a thing since and now getting worried as we need to book flights for the second week of January but can't until we know whether we will get the visa. Do you ever feel like its not worth it. I sometimes wonder whether to give up and just try in the uk but I know logically it's better in Melbourne for us :( just exhausted from the silent waiting and this close to Christmas you worry that it won't be sorted in time..

A quick question for anyone who has received a 12 month e676 visa before: did you have to get health insurance before you arrived in Australia?

Thanks x

Well the waiting truly begins now... Sent off my DF Partner 309/100 visa application Tuesday morning and it was delivered yesterday morning at Australia House, London. Got it in just before the holiday period. Our situation is a little complex, but hoping from all the great info on this forum site and from reading (and re-reading) through everything in the Booklet 1 from the Immi.gov.au website that we satisfy the DF requirements and my application gets granted. :unsure:

Hey allelsematters, yes I have to agree I do feel like that sometimes. Like why keep fighting this when we could give up and live in the UK....

I have a bit of good news, mixed with bad news as usual. My fiance's 676 CO and our PMV CO have obviously been talking and our PMV CO emailled him asking about what he has done to remove the mistake from his ACPO police check. We were obviously devastated thinking that if our PMV CO had got involved then we DEFINITELY werent getting a Tourist Visa anytime soon. I called Aus House and they said 7-10 days (which took us right to the day fiance was booked to leave England) but she emailled yesterday to say the 676 visa was granted and that his passport should be back to him by the end of this week. There have been no dealings with the 676 CO via email - everything she did was by phone, which makes me think that she was trying to get the visa done before they close. I def have hopes for you, as we had all but given up and that fiance wouldnt be coming for my family's holiday on the 8th Jan.

Anyway, my advice is to call the CO (if you have a contact for them) (ours was AC) - fiance was given her mobile number actually and just stress that you really hope this to be resolved by Friday. Pushing it, but then again we thought we were well past the 'pushing it' stage!!!!

I am SO excited to have my fiance coming on this camping trip in Aus with my family... its been a family tradition for around 15 years and it will be his first time coming... on the other hand, I do still have to deal with a very depressed young man via Skype who is HATING England and feels like he is in 'prison' even though he will be leaving there in around 3 weeks. This process can do terrible things to people.

My OH submitted application August 2012. I had thought based on recent POI threads that July/August applications were starting to be processed...however our CO KP today wrote back to say the visa is likely to be processed in April.

The reason given for this is apparently due to the high volume of applications and therefore longer processing times expected to get through them all.

So I am hoping (Plan B) OH 457 sponsorship comes through from his employer comes through before we fly on the 7th Feb.

Otherwise we would have to go out on a tourist visa...we only have one way tickets. I wonder if one way tickets would be an issue on a 3 month tourist visa?

Got my spouse visa granted today!!!

Much earlier than expected - I applied in mid-July and was told that the processing time was 6-8 months.

However, following advice given on this forum, I e-mailed my CO on Monday for an update as I had just passed the 5 month mark.

I was e-mailed right back with the info that I should expect it around 18th Jan (which was 6 months from application).

Much to my surprise I received the confirmation of a visa grant e-mail today!!! And it was the sub class 100!

What a great Christmas present!

To put others' mind at rest, I heard nothing from my CO throughout the entire process - except to request a copy of the marriage certificate which we forgot to include in the original application!!

Really big thanks to everyone who contributed to this forum - it was such a resassurance to know that I was not alone.

Good luck to those still waiting...

Harvey88 thats great! I had mine granted in September and following a frantic episode of writing my thesis and packin a house up we arrived in Sydney on the first of December !

I love it here, get the odd pang of home sickness but waking up every morning and thinking 20-25oC is cold (instead of 0oC!).

Good luck to all of you who have applied recently- it is purely a waiting game. Your CO's are very helpful- they want to help you through the process but they are very very busy! If I can help anyone - send me a PM, i'm not on very much now (due to a large amount of time just chilling out!).

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi Everyone

VISA GRANTED this morning!!

I applied for my visa on June 18th so I had to wait the full 6 months. My case officer was VF and I really had to hound her this week via email and telephone otherwise I think I'd still be waiting. The last few weeks were the worst, but I can finally relax now.

I do feel for everyone still waiting, but you just have to hang in there. It's amazing how a simple email can change your life!

Anyway thanks to everyone for all your contributions on this forum. I feel like we're all kept in the dark at times, but this forum certainly helps tremendously.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Hi Everyone

VISA GRANTED this morning!!

I applied for my visa on June 18th so I had to wait the full 6 months. My case officer was VF and I really had to hound her this week via email and telephone otherwise I think I'd still be waiting. The last few weeks were the worst, but I can finally relax now.

I do feel for everyone still waiting, but you just have to hang in there. It's amazing how a simple email can change your life!

Anyway thanks to everyone for all your contributions on this forum. I feel like we're all kept in the dark at times, but this forum certainly helps tremendously.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Hey congratulations i bet your really excited now.

We had some unlucky news our case officer was changed and now we have to wait till january. I think me and auspanda (couple) are the only juners left to get granted. Good luck for the future i hope it all works to plan. :)

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to those who've received been their visa grants.

I emailed KP , my CO, to obtain verification on my visa type. The good news is i'll be getting a class 100 visa :biggrin:.

The bad news is that he doesn't expect to grant it until March, as originally advised.

I applied in late july, so this looks like the end of the six month grant times and a definite move to the eight month time-frames.

My originally CO , JC also left in October , so i'm wondering if they are cutting staff and merging their case loads ?

Edited by squarepusher

Well we didn't receive any written acknowledgement but payment was taken sharpish (2 days after posting) so I guess that's a clear acknowledgement in it's way. No communication yet but I don't expect any now until after the Christmas break. The main thing is that we squeaked in before the price hike. Good luck everyone and congrats to those recent grants. Happy Christmas and best of luck for speedy visa grants in the new year!

Well we didn't receive any written acknowledgement but payment was taken sharpish (2 days after posting) so I guess that's a clear acknowledgement in it's way. No communication yet but I don't expect any now until after the Christmas break. The main thing is that we squeaked in before the price hike. Good luck everyone and congrats to those recent grants. Happy Christmas and best of luck for speedy visa grants in the new year!

If you don't receive an acknowledgement in the New Year then I would chase it up. I never received any acknowledgement when I submitted my application and I made the mistake of not chasing it up until weeks afterwards. It turned out that I had in fact been assigned a case officer who then emailed me for further info, but for whatever reason I never received the original email. It turned out alright in the end, but I think that caused a few weeks extra delay for me in getting my visa granted.