SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest lyndsey mc
Hey guys and girls...

Having so much trouble with this visa stuff (before I have even sent it off)

Sooo we have been tying to get the money together for a while now (unfortunately my partner lost his job in August and has been out of work since!) Nowww he has had to fly back to Oz to be with his family...using half the visa money for his flight ticket, which can't be helped and I've just come on here to see that the waiting time is 8-9 months! Which is a hell of a long time to be without my lover. I reckon I can get the money together on my own by the end of Feb which means it'll be Xmas before I see him again :(

What do you rekon my chances of getting a tourist visa are while my de facto visa is processed? I understand I will have to be out of the country while it is approved which does mean extra expense I just dont know if I can go that long without seeing him!

Also, will the fact he is now back in Australia and im in the UK make any difference to the application?

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

I moved to Aus while my Visa was being processed, my hubby went to Aus in July to start work, I "moved" there with Kids in Nov on a 3 month Tourist Visa, told my Case Officer what I was doing and she said it was Fine. Had word from her the other day saying My visa is just about ready to be granted so prepared to leave country for 3 days while it is processed (as per requirements) so have booked a flight and hotel for me in NZ (couldnt afford to send while family) I will email when I get to NZ, she will grant visa, then 3 days later I arrive back in Oz on my Spouse Visa!!!) :) Happy Days xx

Guest GeorgeD
i got my visa granted today over the moon :)

Congratulations! That'll be a relief I would imagine...

Now you jsut need to crack on organisign everythign else...

You'll look back in a few weeks time and wonder what all the worrying around the visa was all about!

Hi Ellie, it is all very stressful this visa stuff its the whole rest of our lives in the balance, my fiance applied for a PMV visa in October i came to Oz in November as my Visa was due to expire in December, i am also expecting our baby which is due in 8 weeks, we have applied for a TV whilst we wait for PMV as i need support form my fiance and help with the baby not too mention he doesnt want to miss the birth he already has missed out on so much kicking etc and i could do with a hand waddling down the road! Our agent has applied for both visas and says its ok and if you read posts on this forum lots of people are doing it, when you want to acheive thing you have to make sacrifices we are going to use loads of our savings as fiance cant work till he gets PMV and the flying in and out to be granted the visa but we are madly in love having a baby and cant bear to be apart its already been two months of heartache we are still waiting on the TV as my fiance has a criminal record form his youth. our agent emailed them today to see how much longer. so fingers and toes crossed and go for it (-;i am very stressed as you can imagine but its only a few months when you have the rest of your lives

Hey guys and girls...

Having so much trouble with this visa stuff (before I have even sent it off)

Sooo we have been tying to get the money together for a while now (unfortunately my partner lost his job in August and has been out of work since!) Nowww he has had to fly back to Oz to be with his family...using half the visa money for his flight ticket, which can't be helped and I've just come on here to see that the waiting time is 8-9 months! Which is a hell of a long time to be without my lover. I reckon I can get the money together on my own by the end of Feb which means it'll be Xmas before I see him again :(

What do you rekon my chances of getting a tourist visa are while my de facto visa is processed? I understand I will have to be out of the country while it is approved which does mean extra expense I just dont know if I can go that long without seeing him!

Also, will the fact he is now back in Australia and im in the UK make any difference to the application?

Ellie

Hi There bet your very excited to say the least just wanted to let you know i tracked fiance visa says being processed and our agent emailed me this morning to say she has emailed character assesment unit direct to ask do they need anything else before granting the visa, aswell as explaining that every case is so individually assessed so fingers crossed we hear something soon , all the best

News on my front: the fiance is leaving Heathrow in approx 4 hours! I know my signature says he is already here ;) I got a bit excited. He arrives tomorrow night.

Now one more stress - the questions at immigration - especially as he is ticking 'yes' to criminal convictions!!!!!!!! He's only got a 3 month TV and a return ticket so hopefully there wont be any dramas. TOO EXCITED!

Yayyyyyyy!

I emailed Australia House before Xmas as I was booking flights to go out in Feb, and wondered what my chances were (I applied July 23rd). I spoke to KP and he said he didnt know but ring him back on Jan 10th. I just rang him, first off he said oh you're in the 6-8 month queue, so I reminded him he told me to contact him as I had booked flights. He looked at my file, said, Oh you're travelling with your family arent you (who are citizens) let me speak to my supervisor!. The he came back and said yes, they will grant me Class 100 on Feb 1st!!!!

I'm sooooo happy!!:biggrin:Yippeeeeee!!!!

Guest TravelingFrog
Yayyyyyyy!

I emailed Australia House before Xmas as I was booking flights to go out in Feb, and wondered what my chances were (I applied July 23rd). I spoke to KP and he said he didnt know but ring him back on Jan 10th. I just rang him, first off he said oh you're in the 6-8 month queue, so I reminded him he told me to contact him as I had booked flights. He looked at my file, said, Oh you're travelling with your family arent you (who are citizens) let me speak to my supervisor!. The he came back and said yes, they will grant me Class 100 on Feb 1st!!!!

I'm sooooo happy!!:biggrin:Yippeeeeee!!!!

Yippee! Congrats, Glastocat! :)

Yippee! Congrats, Glastocat! :)

ahhh congrats on you visa .. I have applied exactly a week after you I think I will email KP and see if he has any update on application just want to get out and see wife now 6 months is long enough ... congrats again

Guest guest80131

ahhh congrats on you visa .. I have applied exactly a week after you I think I will email KP and see if he has any update on application just want to get out and see wife now 6 months is long enough ... congrats again

Hi Glastocat

Which visa did you apply for? Was it the Partner Visa? Who was your CO?

Congratulations, you must be thrilled!

Edited by guest80131
Wrong person quoted

Nice work and congrats to everyone how has their visa!

Any Sep/Oct applicants with an update?

I've heard nothing... still need to do my medicals...

That doesnt sound right at all. I think you need to contact someone. I applied in Dec and did my medical the other day. Thats too long not to have heard anything at all. Maybe they have a wrong email for you or something??

I was a little bit confused as how to add my stats But I am all sorted now!!

- In settings ( beside log out above) select my settings then scroll down to edit signature. Insert here - when you submitted, when you did your meds and anything else that might be helpful. Most of all insert when you visa was awarded. don't forget the smiley face!!:wink:

This really does help others new to the site (like me) to assess how the process works and how long we should expect to wait as the process moves forward. - don't forget to click Show your signature this will be displayed only when you go to post a Quick reply. Hope this helps others - as I was getting a bit of a headache trying to find it!!

That doesnt sound right at all. I think you need to contact someone. I applied in Dec and did my medical the other day. Thats too long not to have heard anything at all. Maybe they have a wrong email for you or something??

i would ring to chase thongs up we applied on oct 10 12 co assigned not long after and medicals done 5 th nov just waiting now

Hi Glastocat

Which visa did you apply for? Was it the Partner Visa? Who was your CO?

Congratulations, you must be thrilled!

Yes it was the partner visa, I got classified as 100 which is great! My CO was KP, he was really helpful, I started off with JC, but she left. So my visa will finalise at 6 months 1 week! yippee!

Yes it was the partner visa, I got classified as 100 which is great! My CO was KP, he was really helpful, I started off with JC, but she left. So my visa will finalise at 6 months 1 week! yippee!

Hi glastocat I am in the exact same position as you .. altho I emailed KP yestarday to see if there i any info no reply as yet hope he does mine in the 6 months ine week .. enjoy

i would ring to chase thongs up we applied on oct 10 12 co assigned not long after and medicals done 5 th nov just waiting now

I applied 15 Nov and was told not to do medicals til after Feb.. Was anyone else told not to do theirs for a few months? It concerns me that someone that applied in Dec has already done theirs..

Hi glastocat I am in the exact same position as you .. altho I emailed KP yestarday to see if there i any info no reply as yet hope he does mine in the 6 months ine week .. enjoy

Ok just got a generic reply saying application completed and just waiting finalisation date .. which will be end of febuary ..looking good .. for then I hope hope this helps other people who applied at the same time roughly ..

Guest guest80131
i would ring to chase thongs up

I don't wear them... :P Unless you mean flip-flops?

Yes it was the partner visa, I got classified as 100 which is great!

I'm very happy for you, congratulations! Just leaves me wondering what I should do about mine because I applied a few weeks before you but have been told to not expect mine until April.

just got a generic reply saying application completed and just waiting finalisation date .. which will be end of febuary

Again, extremely happy for you! Congratulations! But again, you applied a few weeks after me and have been told end of Feb where I have to wait until April... Any idea what I can do? End of Feb/Start of March would be about perfect for me.

I don't wear them... :P Unless you mean flip-flops?

I'm very happy for you, congratulations! Just leaves me wondering what I should do about mine because I applied a few weeks before you but have been told to not expect mine until April.

Again, extremely happy for you! Congratulations! But again, you applied a few weeks after me and have been told end of Feb where I have to wait until April... Any idea what I can do? End of Feb/Start of March would be about perfect for me.[/color]

Hi mate did you recieve a generic email saying end of april and were you told 6/8 months on intial contact from DIAC.. because on my last correspondance I was told end of feb to end to mid april but it seems It will be closer to feb than april ..

You could do what I did and just contact your CO saying its nearing six months and you were looking on booking tickets soon would they be able to help you with any update could give you .. can I ask who your CO is ?the other thing I noticed is the meds and police clearance yours were sent in later and may have some bearing on the wait time ..and gastocat and I both had same CO dont know if this has any bearing but thats all I can think .. maybe someone else can shed some light on it ?

Edited by Andy Wixted

Guest guest80131
Hi mate did you recieve a generic email saying end of april and were you told 6/8 months on intial contact from DIAC.. because on my last correspondance I was told end of feb to end to mid april but it seems It will be closer to feb than april.

Initially I got a generic email saying 9 months processing from date of application, so April.

You could do what I did and just contact your CO saying its nearing six months and you were looking on booking tickets soon would they be able to help you with any update could give you .. can I ask who your CO is ?the other thing I noticed is the meds and police clearance yours were sent in later and may have some bearing on the wait time ..and gastocat and I both had same CO dont know if this has any bearing but thats all I can think .. maybe someone else can shed some light on it ?

Well when I found this forum and saw some people that applied after me were getting theirs before me I phoned my CO (VF) and she said that I will almost definitely have to wait until April for mine.

I haven't mentioned my meds and police clearance in any post until now, but they were all done and dusted by late August/early September. Wouldn't make too much difference to the 9 months from date of application though, surely?

What I was told is that there are a certain number allowed in per a given time period and that things were done on a first come first served basis, the applications were all queued up and granted in order save for any extra-ordinary circumstances. With absolutely no disrespect intended here, yours and gastocats applications don't appear to be different to mine in that "extra-ordinary" way, and I am of course pleased for you that yours are coming through quickly. I just can't seem to understand why that can't be the same for mine. As it is, an early March grant would be about perfect anyway!

Initially I got a generic email saying 9 months processing from date of application, so April.

Well when I found this forum and saw some people that applied after me were getting theirs before me I phoned my CO (VF) and she said that I will almost definitely have to wait until April for mine.

I haven't mentioned my meds and police clearance in any post until now, but they were all done and dusted by late August/early September. Wouldn't make too much difference to the 9 months from date of application though, surely?

What I was told is that there are a certain number allowed in per a given time period and that things were done on a first come first served basis, the applications were all queued up and granted in order save for any extra-ordinary circumstances. With absolutely no disrespect intended here, yours and gastocats applications don't appear to be different to mine in that "extra-ordinary" way, and I am of course pleased for you that yours are coming through quickly. I just can't seem to understand why that can't be the same for mine. As it is, an early March grant would be about perfect anyway!

I understand what you mean I think its not transparent at all and have seen peoples granted well before other peoples ..I will keep u informed of any news i get from them I think atleast people have this forum so they can find out how everything is going .the other thing is I think they always give the longest but it isnt always the longest .. as I said I will let you know as soon as I hear anything else and hope it comes through quickly for you and everyone else on here ..

I think I may have skipped the queue a little as I phoned before Xmas and told KP I had booked flights for feb 6th. When I rang back this week he gave me the 6to 8 month spiel until I reminded him I booked flights, and it was only after speaking to his supervisor that he said I would get finalised on feb 1st just before I go.