SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest guest80131
6-8 months just thought there might be a few grants soon ..

I think this is the time when we will see very little granting. Think about it, if you applied in late June 2012 and were told 5-6 months, grants will be around December 2012/January 2013... For those of us who applied in July 2013 and were told 9 months, that's April 2013.

Now I can't believe for a second that no visas will be granted between January and April... So I'm clinging onto hope there may be some good news. Although none is expected!

I think this is the time when we will see very little granting. Think about it, if you applied in late June 2012 and were told 5-6 months, grants will be around December 2012/January 2013... For those of us who applied in July 2013 and were told 9 months, that's April 2013.

Now I can't believe for a second that no visas will be granted between January and April... So I'm clinging onto hope there may be some good news. Although none is expected!

We applied in July and were told 6-8 months... maybe there are a whole heap of 6 - 8 month July applicants who haven't found this forum yet and there are loads of grants happening we don't know about? I hope so! I don't like to think all of us are just sitting waiting! Hopefully some people out there are getting good news!

Hey guys and girls,

Quick update on my end - fiance got an email from ACPO saying they needed to 're-issue' his police certificate (because we questioned some errors/indiscrepencies). Obviously they made a mistake but didnt exactly admit to the mistake. So now we need to give our CO the amended ACPO poilce certificate ASAP. Pretty upsetting that they can make a mistake on something so serious as a character clearance certificate. But it is also such a relief to confirm that it was a mistake on their behalf, as we read that clearing an incorrect police record can take years.

So he is now here on a TV, which expires in April, hopefully that will take us to the grant date.

Any news from late July/August applicants??????

I contacted my CO just before Christmas to confirm my visa type. My visa was lodged on 24th July , and i was politely informed (once again) not to expect it granted until March 2013 at the earliest.... Not sure what the entire DIAC office in London is doing for January / February ?

Looking at the spreadsheets, it seems highly unlikely that any grants are happening :( . There are 13 July applicants listed , only two of these have been granted. One was an offshore via agent and the other was a "special circumstance" . I'd hoped that the grants would have proceeded during January , but it looks as if something else is happening.

Maybe there has been a cut in staff levels, perhaps there is a departmental reorganisation or maybe DIAC are running staff training ?

Does anyone know what has prompted the change in the processing speed ?

Edited by squarepusher

Guest guest80131
Does anyone know what has prompted the change in the processing speed ?

I was told by my CO they review it every year and it changes on 1st July every year... 2012 It made the quantum leap from 6 months to 9. That's not the kind of 6-9 I enjoy.

Looking at the spreadsheets, it seems highly unlikely that any grants are happening :( . There are 13 July applicants listed , only two of these have been granted. One was an offshore via agent and the other was a "special circumstance" . I'd hoped that the grants would have proceeded during January , but it looks as if something else is happening.

I think that's a result of the extended processing times. There was always going to be some kind of gap between those with a 6 month wait and those with a 9 month wait, although when I spoke to my CO she said it was a very good question when I asked what happens between the dates because surely they won't just stop granting? All she said was it was first come first served, which I believed until I saw people applying from August being told to expect grant before me.

I'm looking at potentially going earlier than my wife and son if I can get a job out there. Not ideal and don't want to be apart but if it means getting a job and having that bit of extra security out there than will do it.

Im lucky to have A LOT of family over there. Most with businesses of their own. My dad also has a shop in Potts Point so luckly we are not worried about immediate employment....Its more the fact that we desperately want to leave...we dont like living here anymore...and I hate my job, the atmoshpere is extremeley stressing as there are grevience's (not just one)addressed to my boss...so you can imagine what type of a boss I have had to deal with for the past year!

We probably wont seperate unless it gets really bad. We have no kids so I cannot even imagine how hard it will be for you to be left behind. I hope they dont keep you guys apart for too long

Btw stupid question but how do you add the "signature" message under your post that shows everyone the progress of your visa app?

not at all you would be surprised how many people seem to ask that .. go to settings in the right hand corner . scroll down to edit signature ..ur done ..

Guest guest80131

I have a question... As I cannot afford to be in Aus without working (ie on a tourist visa until my Partner visa is granted) and I've already used my WHM... Are there any sort of bridging visas that would allow me to work in Australia between now and when my visa is granted? Or a temporary work permit?

does anybody know of visa being refused an if they were going to refuse your visa would they still make you wait the processing time ? or if they found say a medical problem would it be refused at that point ? just curious if they would make you wait and then say no ..that would be pretty sick ..

does anybody know of visa being refused an if they were going to refuse your visa would they still make you wait the processing time ? or if they found say a medical problem would it be refused at that point ? just curious if they would make you wait and then say no ..that would be pretty sick ..

I think they tell you along the way if there are any issues. Once they tell you nothing else is required its pretty much certain that you are getting the visa. Thats the impression I got from my migration agent.

Guest guest80131
Hi, there. I'm new to this site.

Welcome!

My OH and I lodged our application for 100/309 on the 1st September 2012. We have had confirmation (from our CO last week) that his application will be granted in March this year 2013.

Just wondering if anyone else had heard this?

Please understand that this next part of my post is not aimed at you at all, fantastic news for you and great that your wait is so short!

I am growing increasingly agitated now at seeing people who have applied further and further behind me but are being granted before me. Other applicants in late July was a tad annoying but handleable, applicants in August a little bit more so, and now we have a September applicant who will be granted in March when I have to wait until mid April! Of course this isn't the applicant's fault, but unless there are the Special Circumstances mentioned earlier in the thread, what can I do to expect the same treatment?

Of course with it being Australia Day today, Monday will be a public holiday and therefore no point whatsoever in trying to contact Australia House. But I'm starting to get frustrated having not seen my Fiancée since late October and before that since early September, to be told I have to wait until April when later applicants are going in February and March.

Welcome!

Please understand that this next part of my post is not aimed at you at all, fantastic news for you and great that your wait is so short!

I am growing increasingly agitated now at seeing people who have applied further and further behind me but are being granted before me. Other applicants in late July was a tad annoying but handleable, applicants in August a little bit more so, and now we have a September applicant who will be granted in March when I have to wait until mid April! Of course this isn't the applicant's fault, but unless there are the Special Circumstances mentioned earlier in the thread, what can I do to expect the same treatment?

Of course with it being Australia Day today, Monday will be a public holiday and therefore no point whatsoever in trying to contact Australia House. But I'm starting to get frustrated having not seen my Fiancée since late October and before that since early September, to be told I have to wait until April when later applicants are going in February and March.

Try not to worry too much! It will only stress you out. This is just a forum and only a small percentage of applicants. I know the wait is horrible but you have a whole lifetime together and in 20 years when you look back it wont seem so long. Just because you have been told one thing and someone has been told something else doesn't mean that's definitely whats happening. Maybe your CO is just saying April to cover themselves and you will get it next week. You never know. And the person who applied in Sept. and was told March well I'm delighted for them if that happens but they could get an awful shock when they are still waiting (p.s. really hope that doesn't happen and it does get granted in March!) I know this forum can be a lot of help but take some of what's said with a pinch of salt. We don't know all the circumstances of people's situations. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I felt exactly like you a month or so ago and I just had to change my thinking or it was going to make the wait much tougher!

PS Happy Australia Day to everyone!!

Welcome!

I totally agree. Im only popping in occasionally now as its just too upsetting . I think I will knock looking on here on the head.

My husband applied 23 august and from what I see, its pretty straight forward - we have been married nearly 10 years, together 13, have an 8 year old son who has an australian passport so he isnt a concern, no medical or police issues, plenty (well enough, we dont have megabucks) money to go with, a home to live in when we get there and a job to go to. We have pretty much organised and ready to go and could fly asap as my husband has sold his business, I am self employed and this crosses over to home anyway and the house is ok for us to leave for a year or so, as is.

We were told 8-9 months, most likely the 9 - so we are looking at the very end of May just to get the nod.

Now, our CO hasnt even told us if he is getting a 309 or 100. I have sent one polite email after the new year, just saying that I will be cracking on with my list of things to do before we move and was wondering if there was anything we need to know/do for the application as I will get onto it asap. I just said, feel free to let me know. I also said my son and I may go ahead as he needs to start school but that we will be using the same email. Just a courtesy to let him know as we thought we might do this . (We arent going ahead now as it will be too much for an 8 year old boy to be away from his daddy for 5- 6 months in my view).

The response was a very curt "the time frames havent changed and remain as originally stated and I will let you know any thing about the application when and only when I am able" or words to that effect.

This is really stupid, isnt it. I could go on until the cows come home about the 9 months but am aware that we are all waiting and thats life. Im trying to be patient. I know so many are in the same boat, we arent special or different.

BUT, when you hear all the differences in what people are being told and when things are being granted, it is really upsetting.

Edited by familywright

Welcome!

According to the website the public holiday was on Friday the 25th so you should be able to contact them tomorrow.

Hi, its AB

Im gonna start praying tonight that we are not allocated to AB :P

I seriously cannot get my head around WHY partner visa's are such a hassle especially in the cases were it is extremely evident that the relationship is genuine and strong! I could understand a working visa being a hassle as you have no "connections" to Oz but it seems to be the exact opposite...as if they do not support international relationships! If the sponsor has a decent wage and a house to go to what can possibly be so damaging Australia as a country in order to have such tight restrictions and such a low amount of granted application per year? Anyways...lets hope everyone hears good news soon, my family in Sydney are starting to get upset that they might not see us in July...

Just out of interest, does potential new employment speed up the process?

hey chuckles Im afraid thats a no too .. I sent in a letter of offer from a job with an empolyer I used to work with in oz and he wanted me to come back and for him when I got back .. unfortunatly he would only keep the job open until end of december and I told them that .. I has no bearing on your application .. Sorry I hate breaking bad news ..

have you heard anything at all ? I hit 6 months exactly on friday ..