SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Suzee, we will be submitting our application form on monday so the long journey awaits us both!!

Just wrapping a few loose ends up before we visit solicitors tomorrow for him to certify our docs etc but one quick question for anyone reading this post, do we need our statements of genuine relationship to be signed by solicitor (or other witness type) as well as our own signature & date?

Thanks in advance..

Hi Suzee, we will be submitting our application form on monday so the long journey awaits us both!!

Just wrapping a few loose ends up before we visit solicitors tomorrow for him to certify our docs etc but one quick question for anyone reading this post, do we need our statements of genuine relationship to be signed by solicitor (or other witness type) as well as our own signature & date?

Good luck to you msoks27! I feel such a relief and so excited to have sent it off, I'm not sure why as there's still such a long wait ahead.

We just signed our statements ourselves, no solicitor/witness...

Thanks Suzee..

it is a long wait, what makes it more difficult is that a potential employer has sent me 3 job descriptions matching my experience and i cannot apply until visa is granted! frustrating! saying that we havent sold the house as yet so should tie in pretty well by the time i get my visa..

lets keep each other up to date on progress.. Good Luck

Hi all,

I applied for my offshore partner holiday visa last year in Aug - it was submitted and i was assigned a case officer on 03/08/12.

I have been in Australian for the past 3 months on a holiday visa but now i am back in the UK awaiting confirmation of my visa being approved.

Does anyone else have the case officer AB? He is very good at responding to communications and he emailed me yesterday saying that my visa should be finalised by the end of March - however he cannot give me a definite date - I just want to book my flight now and go back.

I read on other forums that the partner visa process can take up to 12 months though!! So am I slightly worried now that he is just saying things to make me happy! lol

The wait is excruciating and i've only been back in the UK just over a week!! haha.

to be honest I did pester him quite a bit before I got an answer and a date ..when the holiday visa was granted last week we contacted him and after a few email back and forth he told us ..so a little nudge can help

Thanks for that. Good to know as the end of the waiting game is (hopefully!) approaching.

All the best with your plans from here on in!

Hi all,

I applied for my offshore partner holiday visa last year in Aug - it was submitted and i was assigned a case officer on 03/08/12.

I have been in Australian for the past 3 months on a holiday visa but now i am back in the UK awaiting confirmation of my visa being approved.

Does anyone else have the case officer AB? He is very good at responding to communications and he emailed me yesterday saying that my visa should be finalised by the end of March - however he cannot give me a definite date - I just want to book my flight now and go back.

I read on other forums that the partner visa process can take up to 12 months though!! So am I slightly worried now that he is just saying things to make me happy! lol

The wait is excruciating and i've only been back in the UK just over a week!! haha.

Think March would be more than likely given your submission date. There have been a couple people on here who submitted around the same time and have been given dates in March. Appears to be taking around 7 months at the moment, we submitted in October and have been told 8-9 months processing time. Not sure where they would have got 12 months from.

Hi all,

That may be times for other offices such as the Asian/Mid-Eastern Office, not sure off top of my head where it's based, but theree is a thread on here saying they are 12-13 months waiting for grants.

Guest GeorgeD

Emotion doesn't come into it for the machine that is the inner workings of DIAC. If your CO told you an expected time period at the point you applied, then you can be reasonably sure it will be accurate. 9 months may seem a long time, but if your CO has told you that, then look on the bright side, it is very unlikely to take any more time than that...otherwise they would've told you something different!

Hi everyone. I am so happy I found this forum. I applied for a partner visa 11th Feb. Fee taken 13th Feb. I know I will probably have to wait 8-9 month but I do hope they will email me soon about my application. I am Hungarian, but I live in the UK. Will it cause any problem with my application?

So exciting seeing August applicants getting notice of their upcoming grants. I am watching this forum like a damn hawk! I am (haha- or should I say, the fiance of) a Sept applicant, so I really cant believe we are almost getting to our month! The end of his tourist visa is fast approaching we would love to know a proposed grant date.... We are going to email our CO soon to see if we can get an answer from her... It cant hurt to email her. She always sends us very short emails so I'm a little intimidated!

Just wanna say - August (even early Sept) applicants, speak up if you have any news or notice from your CO (or if you have an upcoming grant)! There are people like me checking this forum every day just to get an insight into everyone else's timelines! Haha thanks!

So exciting seeing August applicants getting notice of their upcoming grants. I am watching this forum like a damn hawk! I am (haha- or should I say, the fiance of) a Sept applicant, so I really cant believe we are almost getting to our month! The end of his tourist visa is fast approaching we would love to know a proposed grant date.... We are going to email our CO soon to see if we can get an answer from her... It cant hurt to email her. She always sends us very short emails so I'm a little intimidated!

Just wanna say - August (even early Sept) applicants, speak up if you have any news or notice from your CO (or if you have an upcoming grant)! There are people like me checking this forum every day just to get an insight into everyone else's timelines! Haha thanks!

Haha :) I'm an August applicant and unfortunately I can't give an update as I haven't heard anything. Its still 2 months away from the 8-9 month mark though so I'm not too surprised. My case officer is pretty tight lipped too so I'm a bit scared to send any chasing emails! We're just keeping ourselves busy and not thinking about it too much. Its amazing how quickly the weeks go by when we just get on with things and get stuck into planning what we're going to be doing in Oz.

Its great to hear everyone's news - its keeping me all excited about when mine will be granted :) I hope there's more news of grants soon!

Haha :) I'm an August applicant and unfortunately I can't give an update as I haven't heard anything. Its still 2 months away from the 8-9 month mark though so I'm not too surprised. My case officer is pretty tight lipped too so I'm a bit scared to send any chasing emails! We're just keeping ourselves busy and not thinking about it too much. Its amazing how quickly the weeks go by when we just get on with things and get stuck into planning what we're going to be doing in Oz.

Its great to hear everyone's news - its keeping me all excited about when mine will be granted :) I hope there's more news of grants soon!

I hope this week we will see them coming through ..its funny I was giving the date the 2nd of march but that is a Saturday so I am hoping its the 1st ...lets see some good news this week..

Hi Andy, Fingers crossed that August applicants are getting approved soon.....It seems to depend on the C.O. i think as I have seen quite a few July people being approved. Who is your C.O. Andy - 2nd March is not too far away!! I would be absolutely made up if I have it as early as the beginning of March as I have work in the UK only until 8th and I have booked flights back to Oz for mid March as can still use my tourist visa for that period. Fingers crossed :)))

I hope this week we will see them coming through ..its funny I was giving the date the 2nd of march but that is a Saturday so I am hoping its the 1st ...lets see some good news this week..

I dont know, is Hungary on the low risk list that can get ETA visas? If so then it shouldnt cause a problem as long as you have had all your documents translated and the like. I love Hungary btw, I have a few really good hungarian friends

I am afraid Hungary is in a high risk country, but I live in the UK which is a low risk country. I don't know what is going to happen with my application, I guess I just have to wait until they send an email.

Hi Andy, Fingers crossed that August applicants are getting approved soon.....It seems to depend on the C.O. i think as I have seen quite a few July people being approved. Who is your C.O. Andy - 2nd March is not too far away!! I would be absolutely made up if I have it as early as the beginning of March as I have work in the UK only until 8th and I have booked flights back to Oz for mid March as can still use my tourist visa for that period. Fingers crossed :)))

my co was KP .. what date in august did you apply it seems that a week or so after we applied they changed it from 6-8 months which is what we were quoted to 8-9 months .. hopefully they start granting this week ..