SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Only annoying thing is there's a lot of stuff like boarding passes and tickets etc that aren't all nicely A4 sized. Oh well, it's their problem if it ends up all jumbled up!

That's why I put a heap in a sleeve. I was trying to get it all into a large envelope and it was such a pile it wasn't behaving (over 100 sheets). And I otherwise had to go back to the shop to get another larger envelope and I couldn't be doing with having to mess about so shoved a heap into a sleeve or two then left the rest.

I am also ready to post off my husband's application :biggrin:

I've photocopied (in colour) all documents onto A4 paper as I read somewhere they have to scan it all....do you think this is ok or should I include the originals too? Also I've seen a few people mention payslips - have I missed something as I haven't seen anything specifically requesting them?

thanks in advance!

I am also ready to post off my husband's application :biggrin:

I've photocopied (in colour) all documents onto A4 paper as I read somewhere they have to scan it all....do you think this is ok or should I include the originals too? Also I've seen a few people mention payslips - have I missed something as I haven't seen anything specifically requesting them?

thanks in advance!

You send certified copies of things like passports etc. I can't remember if colour copies are ok as they are or need to be certified.

Original stat decs and supporting statements.

You need only to make black and white copies of your supporting evidence like bills etc. They don't return that stuff.

I included 2 years worth if husbands payslips up to the most recent month. He's the sponsor btw.

Thanks for the quick reply Snifter. I've been told the birth/marriage certificates need certifying but colour copies of the passports don't....so I have done that. I might include the original supporting docs (tickets etc) just incase.

But I still don't get the payslips - is it just to show he is able to support you? I'm the sponsor but not sure if I could dig up 2 years of payslips...

Guest GeorgeD
OH MY GOD I AM A PR NOW!!!!!!! Logged in to VEVO and saw BC100 :) SO HAPPY! Sorry for all the caps, but i am so happy now :)

Congratulations! I remember you applied around the time I had mine granted!

Guest GeorgeD
Thanks for the quick reply Snifter. I've been told the birth/marriage certificates need certifying but colour copies of the passports don't....so I have done that. I might include the original supporting docs (tickets etc) just incase.

But I still don't get the payslips - is it just to show he is able to support you? I'm the sponsor but not sure if I could dig up 2 years of payslips...

They don't need an original copy of your passport/birth cert/marriage cert/etc...so why would you feel the need to send original tickets?

Photocopy/scan everything like that onto A4 paper...reduce the number of pages by putting a couple per page. Scan or print multiple photos per page...I reduced mine in size and put 4-6 per page. Your 'official' evidence like utility bills, council bills, bank account statements, etc are the strongest pieces of evidence...the other stuff helps finish off the picture, but nobody didn't get their visa approved because they didn't have the original flight ticket for a trip to Oz or a pic of the two of you at Auntie Mary';s 60th Birthday party. By all means include it, but keep it simple for your CO.

And what if the application is lost in the post??? You only need to send the original Police Check...send copies of everything else. Honestly, it won't make any difference that it isn't the original...they haven't asked for it to be an original!

Congratulations! I remember you applied around the time I had mine granted!

Yeah I was freaking out back then! By the way, it says that I "must not arrive after 12/02/2018"... Do I have to do anything about it? What is the next step after I've been granted subclass 100?

Guest GeorgeD
Yeah I was freaking out back then! By the way, it says that I "must not arrive after 12/02/2018"... Do I have to do anything about it? What is the next step after I've been granted subclass 100?

Yes, you have 5 years to arrive. Clearly if you are already in Oz prior to grant, then you have already arrived. You don't need to do anything more at this point.

You don't need to do anything if you never want to leave Oz (even for a holiday) You can stay for the next 80 years and do nothing else if you want.

If you do want to leave, even temporarily, then you are free to come and go for the next 5 years, but if you want to re-enter Oz (even after a day trip to NZ) after 12/02/2018 then you will either need to have become a Citizen or you need to apply for a Residents Return Visa (RRV) You don't need these to remain in Oz, but if you want to come and go after that first 5 years, then you need an RRV or Citizenship.

For Citizenship you need to have been a resident for 4 years, one of which must be as a PR. during that time you need to have been out of Oz for no more than 1 year total and no more than 90 days in the final 12 months. If you intend living in oz for the next few years, you'll be eligible for Citizenship pretty easily.

For Citizenship you need to have been a resident for 4 years, one of which must be as a PR. during that time you need to have been out of Oz for no more than 1 year total and no more than 90 days in the final 12 months. If you intend living in oz for the next few years, you'll be eligible for Citizenship pretty easily.

Getting a bit ahead of myself now as we don't have any visa yet, but are you sure its only 1 year that you have to be a PR? So would the 2 years TR count towards your time in the country in terms of applying for citizenship?? I'm sure I read it was 4 years as a PR.... Could have completely read it wrong though!!

Guest GeorgeD
Getting a bit ahead of myself now as we don't have any visa yet, but are you sure its only 1 year that you have to be a PR? So would the 2 years TR count towards your time in the country in terms of applying for citizenship?? I'm sure I read it was 4 years as a PR.... Could have completely read it wrong though!!

Definitely only one year...yes, the years as a Temp resident on the SC300/301/820 visas count towards the 4 years of residency.

Here's the residencey calculator from the DIAC Citizenship wesite: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/citz/startIntervalCalc.do

They don't need an original copy of your passport/birth cert/marriage cert/etc...so why would you feel the need to send original tickets?

Photocopy/scan everything like that onto A4 paper...reduce the number of pages by putting a couple per page. Scan or print multiple photos per page...I reduced mine in size and put 4-6 per page. Your 'official' evidence like utility bills, council bills, bank account statements, etc are the strongest pieces of evidence...the other stuff helps finish off the picture, but nobody didn't get their visa approved because they didn't have the original flight ticket for a trip to Oz or a pic of the two of you at Auntie Mary';s 60th Birthday party. By all means include it, but keep it simple for your CO.

And what if the application is lost in the post??? You only need to send the original Police Check...send copies of everything else. Honestly, it won't make any difference that it isn't the original...they haven't asked for it to be an original!

Good point! I have condensed to as many pages as I can onto A4 so they should just be able to chuck it straight through the scanner. I will post it off today :cool:

Hey everyone - just a bit of a visa update.

Submitted my medicals last week and emailed my CO today to check that these had all been received etc. Got an email straight back to confirm that they had and that all current documentation was now submitted.... however also got informed that processing times are hanging at the 9 month mark now :(

Would really love to go over to Oz sooner (now if i could) & can get a WHV but cant find much info on whether its relitively easy, or more specificially what type of jobs you can get on this type of visa - anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!

Hey everyone - just a bit of a visa update.

Submitted my medicals last week and emailed my CO today to check that these had all been received etc. Got an email straight back to confirm that they had and that all current documentation was now submitted.... however also got informed that processing times are hanging at the 9 month mark now :(

Would really love to go over to Oz sooner (now if i could) & can get a WHV but cant find much info on whether its relitively easy, or more specificially what type of jobs you can get on this type of visa - anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!

You are do pretty much anything apart from some stuff you'll need clearance for or proper registration etc like nursing.

A WHV is pretty straightforward and can be applied for online and usually granted quickly. I think you are supposed to inform your CO if you intend to travel to Aus on another visa (and check that a WHV is ok, I know a tourist visa is). And you'll have to make sure you are off shore when its granted hence your CO needing to know. You'll need to co ordinate your going off shore with the actual grant date etc.

Finally , after 213 days , I've been informed my visa will be granted next week. It appears that the processing of July 2012 applicants has finally commenced .

I look forward to exploring other parts of the forum instead of staring endlessly at this thread :)

Edited by squarepusher

Finally , after 213 days , I've been informed my visa will be granted next week. It appears that the processing of July 2012 applicants has finally commenced .

I look forward to exploring other parts of the forum instead of staring endlessly at this thread :)

Congratulations! Can I ask when you applied and who your CO is??

Wow...fantastic! Congrats - only 7 months processing! I take it you too were quoted 8-9 initially?

And out of curiosity what did you say/do to prompt your CO to confirm when your visa would be granted? Was it because you were planning to travel as a tourist to Oz, anyway?

to be honest I did pester him quite a bit before I got an answer and a date ..when the holiday visa was granted last week we contacted him and after a few email back and forth he told us ..so a little nudge can help

Congrats on your visa; I'll be doing the same as you, can I ask, did you have to print anything off or was it electronic?

I'm taking the same approach as Snifter, no fretting or worrying or pacing will get me there faster, and knowing I'm going out in June anyway is a comfort to me, so once I've submitted my OH's birth certificate, I won't be thinking about it until I take my medicals in May.

Hi guys, hope everyone's visas are processing nicely ;)

My CO was DP.

I printed off so much information for when I entered Australia on a tourist visa (stat decs from my partner saying he would support me, bank statements, emails from my CO...etc). I was worried that as I did not have a flight out of Australia, they might question me. Nothing... they did not ask me a single question!!!! Didn't need to bother with all the paperwork.

Then when I flew back into Australia on my partner visa (after a few days in NZ), I didn't bother with any paperwork at all. I just turned up with my ticket and passport. Everything was fine. The visa gets put on your passport electronically I believe. In fact, they didn't ask me a single question.