SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone

just wanted to update you all, we have had visitor visa approved fiancé flies out in 31 days yay, vv co has emailed London to say she sees no reason that our PMV should not be granted, however it still is going through the process and will follow processing times so I guesses we applied 10/10/ 12 were looking at May/June )-;

And that's the only explanation that I could come up with. Is there a tactful way of finding out where in my CO's list I fall?

I am sure it will, it's just frustrating that the ideal grant time for me would be late Feb/early March and I can't have it until mid April, when others applying after me get theirs late Jan/early Feb. I don't think it would pay to ask for a quicker CO, in fact I think that we be quite insulting to the one dealing with my application. But I am crossing all fingers something goes my way soon!!!

All I could suggest is to look at the spreadsheet and see how your CO has been granting. Read the thread here and keep an eye out for your CO.

Guest guest80131
All I could suggest is to look at the spreadsheet and see how your CO has been granting. Read the thread here and keep an eye out for your CO.

Where do I find the spreadsheet?

Guest guest80131
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

quick question .. when I last spoke to CO he said hes just waiting for finalization date ..does anyone know what the finalization process is ?

Just put my details in and it reckons mine should have been approved 31st December!!!! Haha! That clearly didn't happen.

Just put my details in and it reckons mine should have been approved 31st December!!!! Haha! That clearly didn't happen.

lol, the ss dates are set to 6 months, you would need to add 60-90 days to it to bring it to the 8-9 months date.

looks like your CO grants closer to the later time, bummer.

Guest guest80131
looks like your CO grants closer to the later time, bummer.

Massive bummer. Funnily enough I believe she may have a second job so that may explain why others are quicker... Found her website after I found a leaflet from a show with her name on it. Intriguing...

Hey guys anyone got any good news recently ? doesnt seem tp be that much happening on the visa front

Got an email this afternoon regarding a case officer being assigned. Seems there is a light on in Australia House!

Applied - 8th January 2013

Case Officer Assigned - 21st January 2013.

These are our stats.

309 applied for July 3rd 2012, payment taken, CO assigned, medicals requested. July 26th Medicals sent. Jan 2nd 2013 Visa approved. Easy peasy, and 1 day short of 6 months, which is what we were advised.

Hi LittleMissWildChild, Who was your CO if you don't mind me asking??

ORIGINALS??I only sent certified photocopies!!! What is the point of certifying documents if you send the originals in the first place?? I'm really freaking out now! :(

We sent EVERYTHING this morning (apart from medicals and discharge papers from my fiancée's national service)with first class tracked mail and after reading this thread our hearts have sunk :( . We were hoping to have the visa granted n 3-4 months max as I desperately want to quit my job....

ORIGINALS??I only sent certified photocopies!!! What is the point of certifying documents if you send the originals in the first place?? I'm really freaking out now! :(

We sent EVERYTHING this morning (apart from medicals and discharge papers from my fiancée's national service)with first class tracked mail and after reading this thread our hearts have sunk :( . We were hoping to have the visa granted n 3-4 months max as I desperately want to quit my job....

I didn't send originals of anything - just certified copies. You should be fine with that. Yeh the wait is long and agonising! I was hoping it would be 4-5 months when we applied and were told 6-8 months.

Wow! Thank you for such a fast response! Very glad to hear that! I am the aussie one of the two and I really don't want to leave him behind till the visa is sorted so I think I will have to wait here with him. I hate my boss so much, if it wasn't for this visa I would have quit since nov. I'm just hanging in there thinking we would have the visa till may...now I am so disapointed. I'm going to have to keep my cool tomorrow in the office :P

Wow! Thank you for such a fast response! Very glad to hear that! I am the aussie one of the two and I really don't want to leave him behind till the visa is sorted so I think I will have to wait here with him. I hate my boss so much, if it wasn't for this visa I would have quit since nov. I'm just hanging in there thinking we would have the visa till may...now I am so disappointed. I'm going to have to keep my cool tomorrow in the office :P

Hi It is a long wait and its worse if you have to separate.My wife is in australia and has been since October we are waiting 6 months exactly next week so hopefully it will be soon .I think everyone on here is in the same boat your OH could always go over on a holiday visa if finances allow .. or there is a sponsorship if one could be sorted ..

Hi It is a long wait and its worse if you have to separate.My wife is in australia and has been since October we are waiting 6 months exactly next week so hopefully it will be soon .I think everyone on here is in the same boat your OH could always go over on a holiday visa if finances allow .. or there is a sponsorship if one could be sorted ..

Holiday visa option will be a bit pricey... and plus he would also have to afford leaving aus for a few days to activated the visa once granted. But thank you for your help anyway, very much appreciated! We cant wait to go over!xx

Hey guys and girls,

Quick update on my end - fiance got an email from ACPO saying they needed to 're-issue' his police certificate (because we questioned some errors/indiscrepencies). Obviously they made a mistake but didnt exactly admit to the mistake. So now we need to give our CO the amended ACPO poilce certificate ASAP. Pretty upsetting that they can make a mistake on something so serious as a character clearance certificate. But it is also such a relief to confirm that it was a mistake on their behalf, as we read that clearing an incorrect police record can take years.

So he is now here on a TV, which expires in April, hopefully that will take us to the grant date.

Any news from late July/August applicants??????

I was talking about you and your wifes situation last night with my fiance. We decided that maybe its best to stick together. You guys are very strong to have been seperate for so many months!(3 seems like a lifetime for me!) Really hope you get your visa soon!xx

just booked my ticket to Oz - BUT is only for a holiday - 3 weeks at Easter - It'll be a whole year since have seen my other half. but it looks like it will be August before I'll get my real visa!! Only submitted 5 weeks ago, after months of getting everything together. But the waiting is terrible!!

I was talking about you and your wifes situation last night with my fiance. We decided that maybe its best to stick together. You guys are very strong to have been seperate for so many months!(3 seems like a lifetime for me!) Really hope you get your visa soon!xx

I'm looking at potentially going earlier than my wife and son if I can get a job out there. Not ideal and don't want to be apart but if it means getting a job and having that bit of extra security out there than will do it.