SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Submitted last Monday the 11th March, recieved and money taken 12th (they are quick on that!) case officer assigned one week later 18/3/13, medical and CRB requested, medical booked in for next week (we are planning on going to oz as soon as we get the visa), and today came home to all our evidence in the post! (21/3/13) im presuming that now we have recieved all our evidence it means that they wont request anymore, and that the evidence is sufficent?

Submitted last Monday the 11th March, recieved and money taken 12th (they are quick on that!) case officer assigned one week later 18/3/13, medical and CRB requested, medical booked in for next week (we are planning on going to oz as soon as we get the visa), and today came home to all our evidence in the post! (21/3/13) im presuming that now we have recieved all our evidence it means that they wont request anymore, and that the evidence is sufficent?

Have they said to take your medical now or given you a date about 3 months after application?

got a letter with the HAP number, and said they recommend 3 months after application, but that you can take it with the risk that it might run out before you get over there- we decided to get the £270 out the way, and as we hope to be there by end of jan 2014 his medical will still be valid then.

I know I say this all the time... but.... we havent had a grant on here in a while. It's driving me slightly bonkers knowing (not only myself) but others havent had a grant....

We have lots of other NEW applicants, which is always nice to have a few around the same time, welcome to the wait!

Guest GeorgeD
I'm going crazy just waiting to apply!! lol.

That's nothing...wait till your application is in and you don't hear anything for months on end. That's when you really start to go loopy. I know I did!

does anyone know if they can still request more evidence if they have sent your evidence bacK

Has any one here applied for PMV out of UK? Where and how long did it take? My partner is on working holiday visa in New zealand so his PMV is being processed there. Unfortunately wait times are even longer and we have been told it will take 12 months.

My visa has been granted!!! :jiggy:

We had to change our plans to enter Oz in April rather than July as originally planned. I emailed my case officer to double check i could go in on a tourist visa and just to ask if he had any more information on processing times. Out of the blue, rather than tell me I would have to take a trip to New Zealamd in May, he granted the visa. Its only a week or two before the 8 month mark, but it makes our life sooo much easier so I'm bouncing of the wall right now!

Its a relief too, I knew it was likely but until I got the letter I still had a nagging worry. It didnt help that we packed and shipped the house contents in November to go travelling so no visa would mean stuck on the other side of the world from all my worldly possessions :P

• Like 1

Has any one here applied for PMV out of UK? Where and how long did it take? My partner is on working holiday visa in New zealand so his PMV is being processed there. Unfortunately wait times are even longer and we have been told it will take 12 months.

No but we were going to lodge a partner visa application in Nz last year, didn't though we came back to the UK and now applying from here. Weirdly I was told by a migration agent it'd take 3-6 months from NZ but they might have been lying to get us to pay up lol. Don't know about PMV though.

We had to change our plans to enter Oz in April rather than July as originally planned. I emailed my case officer to double check i could go in on a tourist visa and just to ask if he had any more information on processing times. Out of the blue, rather than tell me I would have to take a trip to New Zealamd in May, he granted the visa. Its only a week or two before the 8 month mark, but it makes our life sooo much easier so I'm bouncing of the wall right now!

Its a relief too, I knew it was likely but until I got the letter I still had a nagging worry. It didnt help that we packed and shipped the house contents in November to go travelling so no visa would mean stuck on the other side of the world from all my worldly possessions :P

Woop! Congratulations :)

Awesome news. My case officer, RE, was confirmed last week. She recommended I go and have my medicals done, but nothing was mentioned about a three month wait. They also returned my evidence and nothing else has been requested. I've sent an email asking if she thinks my application is a straight forward case- not because I expect a quicker grant but because I don't want an unexpected stresses later down the line.

Sydney bound on 6 month tourist visa, June 27th and that's exciting for now!

Now that's what I like to see! Fiancé's tourist visa got extended last week, so that's good news for us :) now just to wait for his PMV. Won't have to stress about the end of his tourist visa coinciding with the PMV grant anymore... That's a bonus.

Congrats, that's such good news, good luck with the move!

Now that's what I like to see! Fiancé's tourist visa got extended last week, so that's good news for us :) now just to wait for his PMV. Won't have to stress about the end of his tourist visa coinciding with the PMV grant anymore... That's a bonus.

Congrats, that's such good news, good luck with the move!

Congrats.

I had lodged the offshore Partner Visa application at VFS, Bangalore in November 2012. Case Officer contacted me on Feb 7 2013 and completed the interview and informed that the case has been forwarded to senior officer for a decision. I am expecting the Partner Visa to be granted/pre granted around May 15. I am in Melbourne now on a Tourist Visa which expires on May 26. My husband is an Australian Permanent Resident.

Would be great if you anyone explain me the options once the Visa is granted.

1. Do I need to apply for a tourist visa to travel to NZ? Am I allowed to apply for a tourist visa to NZ from Australia ?

Note: I am already on a tourist visa to Australia.

2. How much time be will there to travel to a offshore location once the visa is granted/pre granted.

3. Should I consider applying for a Extended Tourist Visa since the Australian Tourist Visa will expire on May 26?

Cheers,

Kalyoz

:cry::cry:

Its awesome, I can't stop grinning

CONGRATS!!!:jiggy:

Fantastic news hope everything pans out as you want it to!

ps weird question but did you seem to find a big fluctuation in price of the tickets as you booked so close to flying date? We too will be booking the minute we get the visa granted and are scarred that the prices will be expensive if we book last minute...So far from looking on websites it seems like the prices don't change that much

CONGRATS

Fantastic news hope everything pans out as you want it to!

ps weird question but did you seem to find a big fluctuation in price of the tickets as you booked so close to flying date? We too will be booking the minute we get the visa granted and are scarred that the prices will be expensive if we book last minute...So far from looking on websites it seems like the prices don't change that much

Thanks!

Our experience may not be typical as we're currently in Japan travelling but we found that tickets prices were as expected. We're flying with qantas from tokyo to sydney. A couple of months ago when we first thought we might need to travel direct from Japan I had a look at prices on the qantas website for flights only a few weeks in advance. The prices I saw then were the same as we've just paid. I was expecting something horrendous but I don't think we're paying much more than ones bought a long way in advance which is awesome :-)

Hope that helps!

My understanding - which could be wrong - is that they only ask for medicals once they are happy with everything else. They don't want to put people to the expense of a medical if their application is already doomed.

Are medicals not requested as soon as you hear back regarding your application and case officer assigned, whether or not your application may later be declined ? I could also be wrong but that was my understanding, as they need quite a bit of time to assess your application as regards character issues and stuff like that which needs more depth analysis.

I'd be curious to know which it is...