SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Question:

I've not submitted my medical yet. I applied in September 2012.

Do you just hang about waiting for the CO to tell you when to have it done?

I think I've explained this before in reply to you earlier in this thread but I'll give it another go here :)

You are usually given a HAP number when your CO makes first contact or about 3 months after you submit your application. If you've not had your HAP number you should contact your CO and enquire as you are long overdue your medical. Check their first contact PDF letter as it may be included in that. If not, then ask them about your medical asap. Without it your application cannot be finalised and granted and given the current wait time for visa grant is 8-9 months you are into that time frame around now if you applied in Sept.

Medicals are linked to the HAP number now and you will be on the system and the hospital can find you with it when you book in. They have generally been giving a 3 month window between lodging application and doing medical and police check to allow about 6 months to make first entry once visa is granted.

Edited by Guest

Question:

My partner submitted his application back in February and was allocated the same CO as you. In the initial introduction email he received his HAP number and was advised to do his medical and submit his police clearance around 3 months from that date. If i were you I would contact SV to ask why you havent been given your HAP # and advised to do your medical and PCC as it sounds to me as if there has been an oversight. As Sniffer said, you are fast approaching your grant date and there is no need to make the visa grant period any longer than it needs be for the sake of an email to your CO.

My CO sent me a date to do my medical after (04/05/13) which is exactly three months after I applied for my visa. I didn't get any HAP number so will have to email her when the medical is coming up to ask her for it. I might do my police check a little bit earlier as I'm worried about it arriving late.

Finally I sent the application last week :)

I am planning to apply for a tourist visa later before the grant of the partner visa, I was reading in their website and mention to do medical and police checks depending in the country you are from so I would need to do it ;/

Now I would like to ask you if I apply for the tourist visa around July, 3 months after I submitted the partner visa, I guess I could do the medicals, should I inform the CO or who that I need also the medicals for the tourist visa , can they(the doctors) make a copy? I dont have any idea.

Other thing I'd like to ask you guys, once I get the tourist visa, do I have to buy return ticket to the UK? we dont plan to move back to the UK.

Thank you once again!xxx

Edited by backtooz

Finally I sent the application last week :)

I am planning to apply for a tourist visa later before the grant of the partner visa, I was reading in their website and mention to do medical and police checks depending in the country you are from so I would need to do it ;/

Now I would like to ask you if I apply for the tourist visa around July, 3 months after I submitted the partner visa, I guess I could do the medicals, should I inform the CO or who that I need also the medicals for the tourist visa , can they(the doctors) make a copy? I dont have any idea.

Other thing I'd like to ask you guys, once I get the tourist visa, do I have to buy return ticket to the UK? we dont plan to move back to the UK.

Thank you once again!xxx

I'd get your medical and police check done (about 3 months after lodging generally, your CO will give you the info) and once done and you know there is nothing more needed for your application to proceed then apply for the tourist visa and head to Aus. Make sure you get one that will cover the time till grant. Current wait time for off shore applications is 8-9 months, so you'd need at least a 6 month tourist visa and to notify your CO of your plans to head to Aus so they can let you know when grant time is due to arrange to head overseas somewhere for 3 working days.

Why do you need a medical for a tourist visa if you are from the UK? I wasn't aware of this being the case. Your medical for your partner visa is a one shot deal for your partner visa and cannot be used for anything else that I am aware of.

You don't need a return ticket to the UK on a tourist visa but I'd at least be able to show them sufficient funds that you can purchase a ticket out of Aus in case immigration ask you when you land. And be aware you will need to leave Aus for 3 days when your visa is due to be granted as you applied off shore so have to be offshore at time of grant. You'll need funds and to make plans to go somewhere for 3 days when this happens.

Thanks! well I am not from the UK so they may ask me for medicals, but my question is, will the recent medicals results help for the tourist visa? will they copy one for me for that tourist visa? or will I have to do it again? becuase you are saying it can be used only once.

Some countries need to do medical and police checks for a tourist visa.

Thanks! well I am not from the UK so they may ask me for medicals, but my question is, will the recent medicals results help for the tourist visa? will they copy one for me for that tourist visa? or will I have to do it again? becuase you are saying it can be used only once.

Some countries need to do medical and police checks for a tourist visa.

If you are from one of those countries then I can't say.

Afaik the medical is only relavent to your partner visa application. I wasn't aware it could be used for another visa application.

Thanks guys

I've asked her a few times but I'm just emailed back a copy and paste job from the PDF booklet...

I think I've explained this before in reply to you earlier in this thread but I'll give it another go here :)

You are usually given a HAP number when your CO makes first contact or about 3 months after you submit your application. If you've not had your HAP number you should contact your CO and enquire as you are long overdue your medical. Check their first contact PDF letter as it may be included in that. If not, then ask them about your medical asap. Without it your application cannot be finalised and granted and given the current wait time for visa grant is 8-9 months you are into that time frame around now if you applied in Sept.

Medicals are linked to the HAP number now and you will be on the system and the hospital can find you with it when you book in. They have generally been giving a 3 month window between lodging application and doing medical and police check to allow about 6 months to make first entry once visa is granted.

My partner submitted his application back in February and was allocated the same CO as you. In the initial introduction email he received his HAP number and was advised to do his medical and submit his police clearance around 3 months from that date. If i were you I would contact SV to ask why you havent been given your HAP # and advised to do your medical and PCC as it sounds to me as if there has been an oversight. As Sniffer said, you are fast approaching your grant date and there is no need to make the visa grant period any longer than it needs be for the sake of an email to your CO.

Thanks guys

I've asked her a few times but I'm just emailed back a copy and paste job from the PDF booklet...

Did they give you a HAP number? If so just go ahead and book your medical at one of the centres on the panel doctor list. If not email and ask for your HAP number or if you are being given one and if not go ahead and book anyways I'd say.

Been confirmed today that I don't need to send any more documents, made up. Now just need to wait til July for medicals and police checks. I have the same CO as above, and in my first email contact from them was given a HAP ID and a date from which to do my checks.

Question:

Hey GreatDane... you had your medical yet? I would suppose you need to do it soon... I know other September applicants that are waiting their grants now and have told by their CO's to expect a grant in early May, so to avoid any delay I would do it soon.

Have you heard anything regarding your medical since you last posted?

Patiently waiting...........................For the last of the August applicants to be finished with their grants :wink:

Hopefully I can gather some more September applicants (maybe some that have been silently watching!) over the next few weeks on the thread so we can keep each other updated...... Our visa grant (8 months will be the 2nd of May as per the spreadsheet) coincides with my work wanting to make me a permanent employee (which will mean a decrease in pay!!) so I am very, very stressed. The visa grant can't come quick enough - one income isnt a struggle right now but it will be with this new role. Had my interview at work today, fiance wants me to come offshore with him for the grant at short notice, need to consider the pay drop.... there's just too many things going on.

Hello - This is my very first post on this forum. I am Australian currently awaiting my husbands visa to be approved so we along with my 18 month old son can move to Australia. We applied on the 24th of September and am anxiously awaiting the big day when we get some sort of notification that the visa is approved so we can start arranging our move back there.

Can I ask how some of you seem to know that the august visa are currently being granted and therefore September is next? This is making me very excited although I do not want to get my hopes up too high! Is there a website that you have been checking to see or is this just 'word on the street' as they say?

Goodluck to all!

Hello - This is my very first post on this forum. I am Australian currently awaiting my husbands visa to be approved so we along with my 18 month old son can move to Australia. We applied on the 24th of September and am anxiously awaiting the big day when we get some sort of notification that the visa is approved so we can start arranging our move back there.

Can I ask how some of you seem to know that the august visa are currently being granted and therefore September is next? This is making me very excited although I do not want to get my hopes up too high! Is there a website that you have been checking to see or is this just 'word on the street' as they say?

Goodluck to all!

Hey hotspur, welcome!

I'm a Septermber applicant too - my fiance applied on the 4th of September. We have had no word yet, but we are really hoping for an 8 month grant (start of May). Really looking forward to the day when I can post on here saying "visa granted!" hahah so far, not yet!

Hi, my husband applied 28th August 2012. No word from KP our CO yet however he did say in previous verbal communication that the finalisation date "would typically be 8 months so for example 28th April". It seems to be 8 months on the button at the moment. Big however, he knows we are not in a rush as husband has a 457 so already in the country. Not sure if that makes a difference. So not long to wait i suppose. Good luck

God I hope you're right. I know everyone says it will happen eventually and what is 9 months in the big scheme of things but this waiting is torture. I am becoming increasingly keen to go home (very home sick) so looking forward to the day that the visa is granted and we can start planning for our move.

So if it seems to be happening on the 8 month mark, hopefully by the 24th of May it will be granted..not too long I suppose.

Please keep me updated on your grants, would love to hear how its all going for you.

Yeeek, I emailed my case officer yesterday to find out if we'll need to submit any more info as we want to go over in August (8 month mark is October). She said that she had everything she needed to meet the 309 requirements and granted that the medical goes ok, we're in the clear! I'm so relieved! A tiny bit sad because I thought we would get the 100 (been together for four years this year) but I'm happy with the 309!

Medical booked for the 13th of May (three months after lodging), fingers crossed!

Yeeek, I emailed my case officer yesterday to find out if we'll need to submit any more info as we want to go over in August (8 month mark is October). She said that she had everything she needed to meet the 309 requirements and granted that the medical goes ok, we're in the clear! I'm so relieved! A tiny bit sad because I thought we would get the 100 (been together for four years this year) but I'm happy with the 309!

Medical booked for the 13th of May (three months after lodging), fingers crossed!

That's brilliant news tulip. I have my medical tomorrow, so fingers crossed, even more so for a November eight month grant!!!

I'm going in June- can't wait to be back with my man!!!

Why cannot you get the 100 Tulip??? you have 4 years realationship!:dull:

Haha yes I will be happy to go A.S.A.P! August is the earliest we can go, financially.

In the same boat! August is the earliest we can go (financially) but I am doubtful they will be granting before the 8 mth date :( Im hoping by second week of Sept we will have the grant.