SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

For information again. I haven't interacted with this forum however people submitting similar time frame to me may be interested.

Contacted C/O more so out of boredom. Although from the receipt of the initial email in November, I have never had any contact (not even a compliments slip with returned docs), so thought 5 months would be a good idea to make sure Meds and Character had been received and logged and if C/O will at any point request further information.

C/O replied promptly (24hrs) Advised Meds received character received, all in order. However was awaiting an Australian Police check...... Yes I missed that bit, read through and through the generic letter when first received and totally missed the need for an Australian check as well as the Brit one, so lucky I emailed. Don't worry though this isn't applicable to all applicants!

No dramas, Aus check done online very straight forward and $42. Just a reminder to anyone like me, and daft enough to miss it, You must provide police clearance certificate(s) for ANY (not just the one currently living in) country in which you have lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years. Whoops! Oh yes and make sure you read the word after the United Kingdom bit :)

Other than that, C/O provided some good information - Paraphrasing - Once Aus check received will have all docs - Time scale is realistic of 8-9 months from date of lodgement - At this stage C/O is aiming to grant beginning of August, however will better advise closer to the time.

Happy waiting

App submitted 1/11 - Recieved 2/11 - Payment 2/11 - C/O 5/11 Docs returned 8/11 - Meds Character done 8/02

Edited by TNL
Added info

Yeeek, I emailed my case officer yesterday to find out if we'll need to submit any more info as we want to go over in August (8 month mark is October). She said that she had everything she needed to meet the 309 requirements and granted that the medical goes ok, we're in the clear! I'm so relieved! A tiny bit sad because I thought we would get the 100 (been together for four years this year) but I'm happy with the 309!

Medical booked for the 13th of May (three months after lodging), fingers crossed!

Hi again tulip, regarding been granted the 100, did you ask for it with been together nearly 4 years or just hope that they would grant that for you, reason i ask is i'll be in the same boat when i apply in a few weeks, me and my partner will be together 4 years this coming july

thanks

andy

Hi,

I didn't, no, I just thought we would qualify but I guess not. We did a detailed timeline though to show we'd been together for that time, but I can understand why we might not get the 100 because we didn't live together for all of that time (met online).

Just thought we might as we were receipted for the 100, but no matter.

Hi again tulip, regarding been granted the 100, did you ask for it with been together nearly 4 years or just hope that they would grant that for you, reason i ask is i'll be in the same boat when i apply in a few weeks, me and my partner will be together 4 years this coming july

thanks

andy

Hi Guys!

I am about to submit our paperwork too!!!

My partner (Australian) and me (English) have also been together for 4 years now.

Has anyone noticed that the cost has now gone up?? From £1400 to £1800!!! Just what I wanted last min lol but worth every penny!

Would be nice to hear how things progress for you!

Where is everyone locating to???

Laura x

Hi Guys!

I am about to submit our paperwork too!!!

My partner (Australian) and me (English) have also been together for 4 years now.

Has anyone noticed that the cost has now gone up?? From £1400 to £1800!!! Just what I wanted last min lol but worth every penny!

Would be nice to hear how things progress for you!

Where is everyone locating to???

Laura x

Realised this when I paid too!!! It was a horrible shock! Glad I'm not the only one cause some people in here made me feel a bit stupid for not realising the increase :P

Phew!

Realised this when I paid too!!! It was a horrible shock! Glad I'm not the only one cause some people in here made me feel a bit stupid for not realising the increase :P

Phew!

Crazy! Call me a tight arse lol but how can they justify a £400 increase! Haha

I see you have had your medical, how quick does this come through? and do they tell you where you have to go or can you choose from which one you visit? £270 is good I thought its was like £400! x

Hiya everyone, new to this thread. Im applying for an offshore partner visa this week, dreading the 8-9 month waiting period. does anyone know when applying offshore, if i wanted to go to aus on a tourist visa do i have to come back to uk for partner visa to be granted or can i go offshore somewhere closer to australia ?

Crazy! Call me a tight arse lol but how can they justify a £400 increase! Haha

I see you have had your medical, how quick does this come through? and do they tell you where you have to go or can you choose from which one you visit? £270 is good I thought its was like £400! x

Um it took 3-4 working days for the results to come through but they "send them"(?) straight t the CO I think. They only call you if they find any abnormalities. So we personally haven't seen the results. You can pick wherever you want. We went to the Basil Mansions one in London its behind Harrods on the left in a side street. Doctor was a really nice guy.

Hiya everyone, new to this thread. Im applying for an offshore partner visa this week, dreading the 8-9 month waiting period. does anyone know when applying offshore, if i wanted to go to aus on a tourist visa do i have to come back to uk for partner visa to be granted or can i go offshore somewhere closer to australia ?

Nope you can fly to New Zealand for instance...no need to come back to the UK as far as I know!

Mine is £290 at Brentwood, and £64 in train tickets for hubby and I (he's keeping me company). Dreading it!

Yes you can go out early and then go off shore to anywhere that ISN'T Australia. Just make sure you tell your CO so they can let you know when to go off shore for the grant.

Guest Joe Hall

Hello PomsinOz.

Will be submitting an application for a 309 partner visa in the next few weeks and it's great to read some people are going through the same process at the same time. It's taken a while to get everything together but one or two more docs certified and it will be good to go.

My girl ( Australian ) and I ( British ) met in Sydney and moved to London back in Feb 2011, we have lived together for over 2 years here, registered our relationship before we moved here and have plenty of evidence to show that we have been together as defacto for the last few years and can't wait to head back to Australia once we have the right visa. 8-9 months from now I suppose.

I've heard I can drop the application in at Australia House in person and pay the fees there, does anyone know if thats correct? Also i'm not sure if I need to get the passport photographs certified to be a true likeness, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Here I am reading the forum, thinking.... cmonnn 2 weeks lets do this!!!!!

So it's fiance's birthday yesterday so we had nice relaxing day, I took the afternoon off work, we had cake etc.... didnt check his emails cos we were taking it easy.......

Go in there today.... and there it is!!!! The email to tell him to goo offshore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are SO SO excited to go offshore and get the decision, but we also need to work out some cheap flights to go to Bali/Malaysia in the coming week or two - there's a public holiday next week so flights are VERY pricey! we just want to go TODAY!!!!!

Here I am reading the forum, thinking.... cmonnn 2 weeks lets do this!!!!!

So it's fiance's birthday yesterday so we had nice relaxing day, I took the afternoon off work, we had cake etc.... didnt check his emails cos we were taking it easy.......

Go in there today.... and there it is!!!! The email to tell him to goo offshore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are SO SO excited to go offshore and get the decision, but we also need to work out some cheap flights to go to Bali/Malaysia in the coming week or two - there's a public holiday next week so flights are VERY pricey! we just want to go TODAY!!!!!

...You got a 7mth grant?!!!???

I've heard I can drop the application in at Australia House in person and pay the fees there, does anyone know if thats correct? Also i'm not sure if I need to get the passport photographs certified to be a true likeness, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Hi Joe!

I've seen somewhere that Aus House doesn't accept over the counter applications. I can't remember where I saw it... Maybe on the application form, or maybe on the actual Aus House website. Anyway, the long and short of it is, that you need to post it to Aus House along with your credit card details (they don't accept debit cards either).

Was rather annoying as I work a couple of streets from Aus House in London and instead of walking it in, I had to post 1.7kgs of application via registered mail (for the tracking) for an extra fee. I was not best impressed, but soon forgot about it upon the relief of being assigned a case officer!

Best of luck!