SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Are medicals not requested as soon as you hear back regarding your application and case officer assigned

Hi Kevin,

It seems that different CO's do things differently.

Some, upon initial contact (the email you get assigning your CO), give the HAP number and request that Medicals be done three months after date of application. Other CO's get in touch again around the three month mark with the HAP number advising to get it done then.

I would assume that if the CO requires further evidence from the start, they wouldn't give you the HAP number until their request for further info has been satisfied.

Hope that helps :)

Hi Kevin,

Some, upon initial contact (the email you get assigning your CO), give the HAP number and request that Medicals be done three months after date of application. Other CO's get in touch again around the three month mark with the HAP number advising to get it done then.

I would assume that if the CO requires further evidence from the start, they wouldn't give you the HAP number until their request for further info has been satisfied.

Mine have been requested straight away, no request for them to be completed three months after application, and I only submitted my application two weeks ago. I have had all my evidence returned and minus the medicals (police check already sent with application) I have not been asked for anything else. I hope this is all a good sign :)

Hi Kevin,

The CO is content now with the amount of evidence provided, she requested more which we sent and have heard nothing back.

What I was saying though was I think everyone gets given their HAP number during the first few months, whether or not it may later be declined for character issues later on in the process...

Hi Kevin.

I just received word from my case officer, RE. She said she was satisfied with all the evidence I had provided within my initial application and could not see there being any problems. So pending that information she has requested I get my medicals completed as soon as possible and providing these are ok, I have to await my grant in 8-9 months. She gave me advice etc about going to Australia to be with my fiancée whilst I await the grant and how I do not need to return to the UK but just need to be offshore when the visa is confirmed.

I hope and would hardly think she could be inclined to comment if she has no intentions of granting my visa...

sounds fairly positive for you then :)

I didn't receive any indication like you that there wouldn't be any problems, which makes me wonder! I was told to wait 3 months before doing my medical just.

I am wondering should I email my CO and ask if there will be any issues later on in the process, or is it likely I will get my grant.

I didn't receive any indication like you that there wouldn't be any problems, which makes me wonder! I was told to wait 3 months before doing my medical just.

I am wondering should I email my CO and ask if there will be any issues later on in the process, or is it likely I will get my grant.

I don't suppose it can hurt to email them. As soon as they got in contact with me to inform me they had received my PMV application and could I attend my medicals, I emailed her back and just asked if she thought my application was straight forward and did she think I would need to provide any additional information. I guess she can't say simply that I will get the visa but she very much indicated in her reply that everything was ok. She has even just contacted me via telephone to assist me with additional visa options when I leave in June, as I currently hold a six month tourist visa but wanted to query if this could be changed to a work and holiday and want to await my grant in Australia.

I think it varies on case officers and their work load, but I can't complain with her so far...Its an awful enough process as it is, its nice to know they attempt to make it as pain free as possible. Good luck :)

Hi Kevin, my partner submitted his application around five weeks ago and when his CO got in touch to introduce herself she provided the HAP number and stated to wait 3 months before doing the medical and police clearance check. Other than being asked to answer a question which we had forgotten to answer on form 40sp when we initially submitted the application we have heard nothing further from our CO or been asked to provide any further information. I'm hoping that this is a good sign...

Got confirmation from my CO PS mid Feb that my application should be finalised mid March. Found out today that PS left DIAC last Friday and that I will have to wait until Mid April for a new CO! SO annoying to be so close to a grant. Plus, I'm going back onshore 1st May, which would've been my initial entry as approved by PS, so not sure what's going to happen now :(

Mine have been requested straight away, no request for them to be completed three months after application, and I only submitted my application two weeks ago. I have had all my evidence returned and minus the medicals (police check already sent with application) I have not been asked for anything else. I hope this is all a good sign :)

Perhaps as you had already sent your police checks in, and therefore the clock had already started ticking down to your activation date, they didn't see the point in delaying your medicals?

We were asked to supply further evidence, which we did. Within a week, we had the originals back. I emailed our CO to see if there was anything further we should submit and he said he now had everything he needed and that he'd be back in touch around the 3 month mark to advise OH to do his medicals and police check.

I don't think there's any set way that the CO's do things.

I know in my line of work, I do things completely different to those doing the same job as me. I do things in ways that make sense to me, but others think that I'm all over the place. I apply this logic to Aus House. They know what they need and they get it when it suits them. Whether they put reminders on your file to get back in touch, or email you with the HAP number straight away so the ball is in your court... I don't think it really matters.

All you need to know is that if they weren't happy with the bulk of evidence you've supplied, I doubt they'd waste their time (and yours) telling you to get a police check and medical. They'd advise you to send more evidence, pull the application or reject it.

Got confirmation from my CO PS mid Feb that my application should be finalised mid March. Found out today that PS left DIAC last Friday and that I will have to wait until Mid April for a new CO! SO annoying to be so close to a grant. Plus, I'm going back onshore 1st May, which would've been my initial entry as approved by PS, so not sure what's going to happen now :(

That's horrible! :(

Do you have the email from your previous CO stating that it would go through mid-Mar? Has your old CO put an Out of Office on his/her email with other contact details ie who to get in touch with in their absence?

If so, I would forward the email about visa grant to the contact details left by your old CO, asking if you could speak to anyone about your situation prior to be assigning another CO in a months time.

Best of luck x

Me and Paul have decided that we're gonna wait and apply in november instead of the summer. If we apply in november we'd have been here a year, so a whole year of solid de facto evidence, rather than the 6 months in bournemouth and the 3 months at my mums and 6 months here, we won't have to bother proving we stayed at my mums for 3 months it can just be a one line sentence in our statements. We'll still be going out at around the same time, it'd just be as soon as the visa is granted rather than 3-6 months after.

Oh LUMAINOZ that is terrible, I would be calling and getting some answers, as your application may be finalised, but now it has been put aside to be given to another CO to do the granting. So the grant may well be ready to go..... I would def use that original email from your first CO about it being finalised mid-march. I know I would be very upset seeing as its PAST mid-march!

PS LUMAINOZ - when did you apply?

We also had PS and he sent us an email on 22nd March which included contact details of his team leader. I have PM'd you with these, might be worth contact him to see if it can get sorted earlier.

We also had PS and he sent us an email on 22nd March which included contact details of his team leader. I have PM'd you with these, might be worth contact him to see if it can get sorted earlier.

Thanks for the email. Contacted the team leader. He said my application will be finalised in April before my flight to Australia. Didn't give me an exact date, but it's a bit more hopeful that I'll be able to clear immigration at the airport on May 1st!

Well, Friday we take my little dog to the vets to have her vaccinations and KC jab, then I can send off her vac card with a few other bits to Pet Air. Then we can pay for her flight, and start saving for her quarantine and our own flights! Medicals and police check is early next month, so looking forward to getting that bit out of the way. Then it's just more waiting!

We hope to be out there on a temp visa in late June or August at latest, if I can pick up some full time work very soon then we can get out there for June. Can't believe it's all happening to be honest with you, all of our little to do list boxes are being ticked off.

I have a question that I didn't think deserved its own thread!

my boyfriend is currently in oz on a tourist visa waiting for our visa approval then he will go to New Zealand because he has to be offshore... Does anyone know how he will know when to go to New Zealand? Will they tell him "it will be granted on this date, get out by then!" Our CO LG knows he is in Australia. Hope someone can help :)

You are fine. If they have not contacted you requesting further info be provided and have given you a date for your medical, then just leave your CO alone. If they need anything they will let you know.

I have a question that I didn't think deserved its own thread!

my boyfriend is currently in oz on a tourist visa waiting for our visa approval then he will go to New Zealand because he has to be offshore... Does anyone know how he will know when to go to New Zealand? Will they tell him "it will be granted on this date, get out by then!" Our CO LG knows he is in Australia. Hope someone can help :)

If he has informed his CO he is onshore and is still using the same email addy he provided them then they will email to notify him of the grant date so he can arrange to go offshore for the 3 working days.

If the grant date is expected soon it may be worth him emailing his CO just to remind them he is onshore ATM.

Thank you both I really appreciate it! I just wasn't sure if it was appropriate to contact my case officer about such things, I didn't want them thinking 'this is the kind of thing you should ask a migration agent not me!' But I feel better sending them a follow up email now. Thanks again x

So, medical.

Booked it. Got the letter from the Spire today. Cost of medical at Cardiff Spire for an adult is......

£312 (chest x ray, HIV screening and medical).

Ouch.