Guest guest36187

Hi ther Bev50. Just seen your link and noticed you applied for your visa two months before me. We applied in September 15. This is all new to me messaging on Pomz. We have famaily in Melbourne that are waiting for us and we can't wait to be with them.

Just like to say hi to you both.

Regards JJ.

Hi ther Bev50. Just seen your link and noticed you applied for your visa two months before me. We applied in September 15. This is all new to me messaging on Pomz. We have famaily in Melbourne that are waiting for us and we can't wait to be with them.

Regards JJ.

Welcome to the waiting room........I am just a single person (unfortunately) who can't wait to be out with my only daughter and son in law in Perth. There are lots of people's experiences to pick up on here, keep logging in and get great tips. I'm not sure if there is anyone else Melbourne bound, but I am sure when someone see's your comment, they will make themselves known.

Its a long wait isn't it? But up to now I have been busy selling the house, selling most of my goods and generally organising my life for the move. I am going out early on a visitor visa and having a partial gap year!! It will be nice to see Australia before I settle down and start working again.

Regards Bev

Regards JJ.

Hi jessy we applied in April 15 for the CPV 143 and also have both sons in Melbourne so will probably settle close by , this is a great site for information. We have just spent 18 months in Australia returning in May and also live in Hampshire so we have a few things in common. Look forward to future posts Lorraine

Yee ha, first reply. Thank you Bev for the quick reply. Didn't expect one soon.

We knew before applying that it's a long process. But it seems like we a living in a time void. Everything seems to go slow. Still it's almost a full year we applied and that's come round.

Yeh were on the housing market and hope to rent once sold. Sorting out stuff and reducing what we are taking is slowly getting there.

When was the last time you visited your daughter. We were out there this February. So missing the grand kids.

regards JJ

JessyJ,

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Could you pls add your details to your signature line, so that all of us, "the 2015 lodgers" can keep an eye for each other. There is a whole lot of 2015s in this forum, so that's great to monitor the progress on our own.

Cheers,

Judy.

Regards JJ.

Hi JJ

we applied June 14 and still waiting, house sold all packed up awaiting shipping. We are living with our daughter in Safety Beach, vic until we are allocated a CO. It's been over 25months now and we are both acutely frustrated by the delay with IMMI as we just want to get on with our lives. Where about S in Melbourne are you headed?

Julie

Hi Everyone, hope you are having a great day!

I was wondering if someone could help me - I am filling out Form 40 - as the sponsor. My Mother and I are in a bit of a disagreement - question 50 asks if you are an eligible New Zealand citizen. If 'No' it says go to Part K - now to me, if you select 'NO' - you must then skip everything from question 50 up until you get to Part K. My Mum says that I still have to fill out Question 51 to 54 and then skip Part J and fill out Part K.

Can anyone advise on what the correct way forward is?

Many Thanks :)

Regards JJ.

Hi, we are also Melbourne bound. We have a daughter, son-in- law with two grandsons in Greensborough and a son, daughter-in- law and a brand new granddaughter ( 6 days old) in Caroline Springs. We have sold our house, just awaiting completion, and are already in rented accommodation, with most of our worldly goods ( no furniture) in storage. We spent last Xmas there and are off again next week to see our new addition. Will probably not want to come home!

Is anyone headed to the Sunshine Coast. We're hoping to join our daughter and grandsons there. We had hoped to be well on the way to getting the visas granted by now - but looks like it is going to be a very long wait. Patience was never my strongest virtue! Surely we'll be on our way before yet another year passes. It is terrible wishing your life away, but I wish to time would go faster.

Is anyone headed to the Sunshine Coast. We're hoping to join our daughter and grandsons there. We had hoped to be well on the way to getting the visas granted by now - but looks like it is going to be a very long wait. Patience was never my strongest virtue! Surely we'll be on our way before yet another year passes. It is terrible wishing your life away, but I wish to time would go faster.

Hi Pertenhall, We too are planning our move to the Sunshine Cost, close to Noosa we think, and we plan on renting for the first year. We spent some time there last year and going back for another look in November. We only applied for our visa in March 2016, so we have a long wait yet. Where on the SC are you heading to?

Hi Pertenhall, We too are planning our move to the Sunshine Cost, close to Noosa we think, and we plan on renting for the first year. We spent some time there last year and going back for another look in November. We only applied for our visa in March 2016, so we have a long wait yet. Where on the SC are you heading to?

Hello there - our daughter is in Moffat Beach, next to Caloundra. We are hoping to go within a 30 minute drive from her - we are looking at houses in Kiels Mountain, Buderim, Mons etc etc. With the delay in visas being granted we had planned another trip out this winter, but instead are flying our daughter and grandsons over here for Christmas, which will be lovely. The way things are going we may yet get another trip out before we finally get the visas through. We will definitely rent for a while and make sure we pick the right house to buy. Lets hope things start to move again soon. Zee

Hi,

I'm also a Sept 15 Lodger, nearly one year in, and agent has told me there is no chance I will hear anything for another year. Daughter on Gold Coast, coming home for Christmas though.

Christmas is certainly something to look forward to. The boys both want to see some snow - we may have to travel to find some, but hopefully not too far.

Hi, we are also Melbourne bound. We have a daughter, son-in- law with two grandsons in Greensborough and a son, daughter-in- law and a brand new granddaughter ( 6 days old) in Caroline Springs. We have sold our house, just awaiting completion, and are already in rented accommodation, with most of our worldly goods ( no furniture) in storage. We spent last Xmas there and are off again next week to see our new addition. Will probably not want to come home!

Hi JJ

we applied June 14 and still waiting, house sold all packed up awaiting shipping. We are living with our daughter in Safety Beach, vic until we are allocated a CO. It's been over 25months now and we are both acutely frustrated by the delay with IMMI as we just want to get on with our lives. Where about S in Melbourne are you headed?

Julie

Hi Julie, I feel for your waiting. It's a long time. I did an auto reply to IMMI today and they are dealing with 1st of June 2014.

We were visiting in February this year and went to Seaford beach. Not to far from Safety beach. The sea is crystal clear and warm, yellow sand and beach had a hand full of people. Our family are in Doreen.

Hi,

I'm also a Sept 15 Lodger, nearly one year in, and agent has told me there is no chance I will hear anything for another year. Daughter on Gold Coast, coming home for Christmas though.

Hello Mrs Bee, JJ here and it looks like Christmas 2017 that I'm estimating our visa will be granted. So far it's a 26 month process. I'm hoping Immi catch up and don't delay things. Luckily I'm busy working and time is moving quick.

Hi everyone, when a CO is assigned to our case, how many days are given to us to gather all the supporting documents such as health and police clearance?

Hi ch128, not sure anyone can answer your question. Would you mind giving us an idea of what visa your applying for and when you applied. Someone then be able to help. I'm new to this wonderful forum too. It's taken me a while to get my head round it.

Look forward to hearing from you JJ.

Hi jessy we applied in April 15 for the CPV 143 and also have both sons in Melbourne so will probably settle close by , this is a great site for information. We have just spent 18 months in Australia returning in May and also live in Hampshire so we have a few things in common. Look forward to future posts Lorraine

Hi Lorraine cheers for the reply, omg small world. Really in Hampshire.

Wow 18 months. Sounds great. Bet you've seen a lot out there.

Great talking but me bed is calling me. Thanks again. JJ

Hi ch128, not sure anyone can answer your question. Would you mind giving us an idea of what visa your applying for and when you applied. Someone then be able to help. I'm new to this wonderful forum too. It's taken me a while to get my head round it.

Look forward to hearing from you JJ.

Hi JJ, thanks for the reply. I'm waiting for the subclass 143 and my family has lodged the application in June 2014. What's your situation?

Hi JJ I was thinking I would be out there for Christmas 2017, but, from what I am reading on here, and what my agent has told me - I am not holding my breath!! Sometimes I get very low, but am hoping but by the time the Visa comes through the Dollar rate will have improved.

So I guess we had better get comfy in the waiting room!

Hello again. So, my parents are definitely thinking about submitting a visa application. I would be super grateful if someone could answer the following questions:

1) Is the initial 143 visa cost GBP £2,775 for two adults?

2) How much is the second instalment and when is it payable (this bit is definitely confusing me)?

3) Are medicals only requested once you have a case officer ie about 2 years after submission of your application?

4) Is there any faster way to get them out here, other than the 143?

Cheers :smile:

Hello again. So, my parents are definitely thinking about submitting a visa application. I would be super grateful if someone could answer the following questions:

1) Is the initial 143 visa cost GBP £2,775 for two adults?

2) How much is the second instalment and when is it payable (this bit is definitely confusing me)?

3) Are medicals only requested once you have a case officer ie about 2 years after submission of your application?

4) Is there any faster way to get them out here, other than the 143?

Cheers :smile:

hi

hope this helps, prices were from oct15, not sure if they have changed.

1. Contributory Parent (Migrant) 143 visa - First: $4,705 per application for 2 adults; Second: $43,600 per person.

The 143 is supposed to be the fastest option other than getting a tourist visa, the 600 visa gives you up to a year and many people at the end of their wait for 143 have done this when the visa has been delayed due to high numbers of applicants and allocation being full before the year end, Immi year end is July 31st. If in Australia when the visa is about to be granted the applicants would need to leave the country and then re enter when visa is granted to validate it. We have been waiting since April 2015, it seems longer and it is difficult to plan anything when we don't know how many are in front of us. Good luck