Guest guest36187

42% increase with reference to what, exactly?

PVC: if you are reading this, the comment is meaningless without a reference point.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

PVC may have read your post, thanks - I tested the e-mail again and it now reads:

DUE TO THE 42% INCREASE IN APPLICATION LODGEMENTS IN JUNE COMPARED TO PREVIOUS MONTHS DO NOT CONTACT US TO CONFIRM IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IF YOU HAVE USED A COURIER, REGISTERED OR EXPRESS POST YOU CAN USE YOUR TRACKING NUMBER TO CONFIRM WITH THE COURIERS OR THE POST OFFICE THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN DELIVERED.

The processing date is still 27 May 2014 of course, but hopefully this will change by Friday! :-) They must have a huge amount of processing to do, with the May/June 2014 apparently being 40% of the usual annual applications. I really wish we'd lodged a month before but we were timing it with moving there just about now, hindsight....

Amanda

Hi Alan,

PVC may have read your post, thanks - I tested the e-mail again and it now reads:

DUE TO THE 42% INCREASE IN APPLICATION LODGEMENTS IN JUNE COMPARED TO PREVIOUS MONTHS DO NOT CONTACT US TO CONFIRM IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IF YOU HAVE USED A COURIER, REGISTERED OR EXPRESS POST YOU CAN USE YOUR TRACKING NUMBER TO CONFIRM WITH THE COURIERS OR THE POST OFFICE THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN DELIVERED.

The processing date is still 27 May 2014 of course, but hopefully this will change by Friday! :-) They must have a huge amount of processing to do, with the May/June 2014 apparently being 40% of the usual annual applications. I really wish we'd lodged a month before but we were timing it with moving there just about now, hindsight....

Amanda

can I highlight point that PVC does read this regularly - trust me I know!!!! Keep in mind when discussing stuff on here Kim

Dear PVC (if you are reading),

Can we please know 'a 42% increase ' means about how many applications? We would appreciate if You can add this to the next general email. Thanks.

Dear forum members,

Any one knows on average how many 143/173 applications Immi receives a month?

Cheers,

Judy.

Can we please know 'a 42% increase ' means about how many applications? We would appreciate if You can add this to the next general email. Thanks.

Dear forum members,

Cheers,

Judy.

Knowing number of applications is not that useful as like myself our one application required 3 places whilst other application only one. If you go to immi site and look under publications is a section of yearly stats reports. Towards the back is a section on parent visa stats - unfortunately stats are incorrect - different stats quoted in the yearly publications plus comparison difficult as they switch types ie from number of applications to total number of actual people applying - mathematical nightmare. My overall conclusions was there is a steady decline of applicants with sharp raised blips at various points that have lead to backlog. Interestingly they don't record number of 'jumpers' from non to contributory who get priority - rightly so - due to their waiting time in non contributory queue. Recent 'stints' like closing non contributory has provided 'conveniently' additional applicants to shore up decline of contributory applicants. Kim

Dear forum members,

Cheers,

Judy.

At least 600 places /month to make up for the 7175 places per year. With the ever increasing delay in processing, I would put the current number at 800 application places on average.

With a 30 year wait time for non contributory visas, I suspect that number could go up to 1200+/month in 2 years and the processing time will double to 4 years.

Knowing number of applications is not that useful as like myself our one application required 3 places whilst other application only one. If you go to immi site and look under publications is a section of yearly stats reports. Towards the back is a section on parent visa stats - unfortunately stats are incorrect - different stats quoted in the yearly publications plus comparison difficult as they switch types ie from number of applications to total number of actual people applying - mathematical nightmare. My overall conclusions was there is a steady decline of applicants with sharp raised blips at various points that have lead to backlog. Interestingly they don't record number of 'jumpers' from non to contributory who get priority - rightly so - due to their waiting time in non contributory queue. Recent 'stints' like closing non contributory has provided 'conveniently' additional applicants to shore up decline of contributory applicants. Kim

Hi Kim

Thank you for pointing to these yearly stats, very interesting. Like you I had difficulty reconciling the stats year on year but agree with your assessment that generally the applications lodged have been steadily declining year by year with the exception of 2010/11 when they increased slightly. Interestingly in the earlier reports they gave figures for the number of applicants in the queue at 30 June (308 for 2009/10 and 500 for 2010/11), this information is no longer included. However what I don't understand is what the year end pipeline figure means. For both these years when the queue length was in the low hundreds the pipeline figure quoted was 10,000, then it crept up to 12,000+ for the next 3 years before taking a massive leap to 24,287 for 2014/15. For parent visa applications one would expect the average number of people included, and therefore visas to be issued, to be about 2 so why with declining applications has the pipeline figure almost doubled in one year. Has anybody any ideas on this?

I also agree that the comments supporting the stats would suggest that the applications per month is not steady but has peaks and troughs. We have obviously just hit one of these peaks for May 2014 as the applications from this month have been being processed since 7 April, 3 months. Hopefully if past trends prove true once we clear this peak things should move apace, or am I just being optimistic?

We have just heard that our son and his wife in Australia are expecting their first child early next year, our first grandchild, so we are now even more desperate to move closer to them. When we lodged we hoped to get our visa next summer but that no longer looks likely, ah well it is what it is. I am sure that PVC will continue to process our applications to the best of their abilities and will be keen to get back within their 2 year window ASAP. I am just going to have to practice patience, not one of my strong points!

Medicals completed at Bupa Docklands, Melbourne yesterday. We turned up 5 mins early so as not to be late and was told to go away until appointment time! Waited 20 mins to start the admin process and then it all went quite efficiently. Unfortunately my blood pressure reading was slightly elevated, the doc asked if I was worried or stressed about anything........turned out her parents were 1 year into the cpv process so by the time we had compared notes on visas we were both stressed out. anyway five days to wait before results are uploaded, more stress.......

just got to find an appropriate moment in the next few days to have blood pressure checked again. Perhaps after several gin and tonics this time!

Julie

Hi Kim

Thank you for pointing to these yearly stats, very interesting. Like you I had difficulty reconciling the stats year on year but agree with your assessment that generally the applications lodged have been steadily declining year by year with the exception of 2010/11 when they increased slightly. Interestingly in the earlier reports they gave figures for the number of applicants in the queue at 30 June (308 for 2009/10 and 500 for 2010/11), this information is no longer included. However what I don't understand is what the year end pipeline figure means. For both these years when the queue length was in the low hundreds the pipeline figure quoted was 10,000, then it crept up to 12,000+ for the next 3 years before taking a massive leap to 24,287 for 2014/15. For parent visa applications one would expect the average number of people included, and therefore visas to be issued, to be about 2 so why with declining applications has the pipeline figure almost doubled in one year. Has anybody any ideas on this?

I also agree that the comments supporting the stats would suggest that the applications per month is not steady but has peaks and troughs. We have obviously just hit one of these peaks for May 2014 as the applications from this month have been being processed since 7 April, 3 months. Hopefully if past trends prove true once we clear this peak things should move apace, or am I just being optimistic?

We have just heard that our son and his wife in Australia are expecting their first child early next year, our first grandchild, so we are now even more desperate to move closer to them. When we lodged we hoped to get our visa next summer but that no longer looks likely, ah well it is what it is. I am sure that PVC will continue to process our applications to the best of their abilities and will be keen to get back within their 2 year window ASAP. I am just going to have to practice patience, not one of my strong points!

hi @Wishfull. Glad I am not the only trawling through data - pronounced darta Australian style. My assumption regarding your point re doubling is either another error or if you read terminology it swops from lodgements to applications - if I remember correctly - this change I assumed meant it swopped from number of applications regardless of people included to actual number of people. I also considered it was including Martians who are being fast tracked for the secret Martian work population in Australia!!! Congrats re news of family addition. Our gorgeous grandchildren are nearly 5 and 1 now. I am just off to do babysitting stint today and love it. I did hear somewhere there is going to be a new temporary visitor visa giving longer time that can be spent in Australia so highly recommend biting the bullet and moving out early - we did - logistical nightmare at times - but absolutely worth it. Kim

Popped into the local chemist today feeling stressed about my blood pressure, they checked it three times and said nothing to worry about!

So we have been here 11 days and starting to feel like we are finding our way around. We have noticed a few strange things

1 it appears that you need to do a bit of chit chat before asking anyone a question in a store or bank, they seem offended if you go straight in and ask "where do I find......"

2 cashiers at the bank like to talk to you about nothing even when there is a long queue behind you

3 what's the deal with meat that is corned or pickled?

4 estate agents in Oz don't seem that interested in finding you a home, coming from an agency background I find this appalling

Still we are embracing the changes and getting on with life the Ozzie way all be it with a twist of UK in it!

Well the exchange rate appears to have bottomed out and has risen since it was announced that Mrs May becomes PM from Wednesday. Let's hope it continues, hopefully now that the Uk isn't running around like a headless chicken the government might yo something yo get us out of this mess caused by the referendum.

Popped into the local chemist today feeling stressed about my blood pressure, they checked it three times and said nothing to worry about!

So we have been here 11 days and starting to feel like we are finding our way around. We have noticed a few strange things

1 it appears that you need to do a bit of chit chat before asking anyone a question in a store or bank, they seem offended if you go straight in and ask "where do I find......"

2 cashiers at the bank like to talk to you about nothing even when there is a long queue behind you

4 estate agents in Oz don't seem that interested in finding you a home, coming from an agency background I find this appalling

Still we are embracing the changes and getting on with life the Ozzie way all be it with a twist of UK in it!

Well the exchange rate appears to have bottomed out and has risen since it was announced that Mrs May becomes PM from Wednesday. Let's hope it continues, hopefully now that the Uk isn't running around like a headless chicken the government might yo something yo get us out of this mess caused by the referendum.

Hi Julie, good to see your out here, now chill and relax, that will sort out the blood pressure. I had mine taken 3 times when we did our medicals.

Cant say we are having similar experiences, most here seem to offer help wether it's needed or not lol.

Absolutely agree with your comments about estate agents, and they don't get any better even when your in a rental!

Sat here just waiting for someone to say we are being processed, Gotta be close very soon.

10 days till 25th month we lodged and still nothing from PVC, not even medical HAP :unsure:

Hi

You could email IMMI and ask if you could have Hap numbers, they will reply and if they say no they will at least give you an explanation as to when they might let you do medicals.

Julie

Thanks for the reply Julie. I emailed to this address: wa.parent@border.gov.au IS this the one u normally send to them?. I got something like automatic reply because there was unclassified. they just said processing time now is 25 months and the date they are currently at.

Hello am panicking slightly here. We applied in December 2015 and assumed it would be through by or on December 2017, from reading some recent posts is that assumption up in the air? It has quite a significant determinant on what we decided to do between now and then, then being maybe sometime after 2017......If anyone knows where to look or who to ask please let me know.Thanks! Custardy.

Hello am panicking slightly here. We applied in December 2015 and assumed it would be through by or on December 2017, from reading some recent posts is that assumption up in the air? It has quite a significant determinant on what we decided to do between now and then, then being maybe sometime after 2017......If anyone knows where to look or who to ask please let me know.Thanks! Custardy.

I think we have just got to sit tight and wait and hope that things pick up a bit. But it certainly looks like to will be longer than 2 years before we get our visas. Zee

Thanks for the reply Julie. I emailed to this address: wa.parent@border.gov.au IS this the one u normally send to them?. I got something like automatic reply because there was unclassified. they just said processing time now is 25 months and the date they are currently at.

Hi

in the title field of the email you need to enter OTHELP your name, date of birth and case number then you will get a reply.

Julie

It's going to take as long as it takes! If applications are higher than normal then waiting times will be affected. Yep it would be nice to have our case looked at earlier as suggested by the time scales given when we applied but if the numbers are as high as 40% over normal them just sit back chill and wait. I was hoping after last week's update to have had a case officer this week, but still nothing. It is what it is and I'm sure they are working hard to catch up.

Edited by AlanSteel