Guest guest36187

Well, it's the 1st July and still no change - processing 23rd May.

Is this the info re visa places? (From the test email):

There are 7175 places allocated to Contributory Parent visa category in the 2015-16 Migration Programme.

Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing times for these is expected to exceed 24 months.

Subclasses 143, 173, 864 and 884 Contributory Parent visa grants are managed carefully at this time of the year to ensure Government planning levels to 30 June 2016 are not exceeded. Once the visa quota is reached no further visas can be granted until July 2016.

Edited by Sadge

Well, it's the 1st July and still no change - processing 23rd May.

Is this the info re visa places? (From the test email):

There are 7175 places allocated to Contributory Parent visa category in the 2015-16 Migration Programme.

Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing times for these is expected to exceed 24 months.

Subclasses 143, 173, 864 and 884 Contributory Parent visa grants are managed carefully at this time of the year to ensure Government planning levels to 30 June 2016 are not exceeded. Once the visa quota is reached no further visas can be granted until July 2016.

That's the information Sadge - just wanting to know the number of places in this new immigration year 2016-2017

Hoping they haven't reduced the number of places.

Happy anniversary to us - two years in the waiting room today - tried to get out of our seats to stretch our legs but couldn't get up!

Anyhow we've got our 600 visas now so off to Perth on the 19 July to wait in a better waiting room!

All the best

Steve

Uuum, oh dear two years Steve, what a wait, but at least you will be here when the visa is granted. Well actually not here, but offshore somewhere exotic ??!! I will make a note in my diary for when you arrive, perhaps we will actually manage to meet up soon. You do sound very organised, long may you continue to be. First thing to do when you become a permanent resident, is to get your Senior's Card, then you are able to get a driving licence for 50% of the normal fee; plus other benefits.

Enjoy your next couple of weeks in the UK.

Hi All,

My mother in law is looking to come out to live with us and we think for her situation the Subclass 804 would suite. I am wondering if anyone could answer/confirm the following:

1 - Did those who have applied for a 804 get a return ticket when they flew to Australia?

2 - Experience on how stringent the medicals are?

3 - My understanding is that she is still waiting for the hospital she attends in the UK to make up their mind if they going to insert a pacemaker. Would you advise she have that done before she comes out?

4 - I also understand that the first medical is 12 months after the 804 is lodged is that about right on people's experience?

5 - What is the time to grant? I have read anything from 5 to 8 years but what is the experience of those who have been granted recently? I know it does vary on spaces that are made available each year by the government.

6 - Probably one of the most important questions and that is what are the experiences like for those that have applied for the 804 - good and bad. Especially, with regards to the medicals.

Apologies for all the questions.

Cheers,

Misplaced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi, it's a long time since I posted here but I just thought I would let you know what has happened since we emigrated. A year ago today we landed in Perth after a two year wait. We had made an offer on a house 3 months previously when we came to Perth to validate our visa, so we were able to finalise the paperwork and within ten days had moved in albeit without our furniture.

We then bought a new Hyundi i30 for half what we would have paid in England. We have found petrol to be half price council rates less than half, electricity.and gas about 25% less (although we do have solar panels).Water rates are about 50% more than we use to pay.Food doesn't seem to be much dearer and there are always bargains to be had. Obviously the value of the pound affects our pensions and you do need to consider some private health insurance. Overall we feel things have worked out well for us.

Every morning we wake up and say isn't this wonderful - usually wall to wall sunshine - winter at the moment so it is a bit cool. Those of you still in the waiting room have patience you will get there. If anyone needs any further information feel free to send private message

Good luck everyone.

Edited by Veronique

Hi All,

My mother in law is looking to come out to live with us and we think for her situation the Subclass 804 would suite. I am wondering if anyone could answer/confirm the following:

1 - Did those who have applied for a 804 get a return ticket when they flew to Australia?

2 - Experience on how stringent the medicals are?

3 - My understanding is that she is still waiting for the hospital she attends in the UK to make up their mind if they going to insert a pacemaker. Would you advise she have that done before she comes out?

4 - I also understand that the first medical is 12 months after the 804 is lodged is that about right on people's experience?

5 - What is the time to grant? I have read anything from 5 to 8 years but what is the experience of those who have been granted recently? I know it does vary on spaces that are made available each year by the government.

6 - Probably one of the most important questions and that is what are the experiences like for those that have applied for the 804 - good and bad. Especially, with regards to the medicals.

Apologies for all the questions.

Cheers,

Misplaced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi I didn't answer sooner, as I have no answers to offer and was hoping someone else might be able to help you. All I can suggest is contact a MARA registered agent, I have used @Alan Collett from Go Matilda, and have been happy with his advise to date. Good luck.

Edited by AlanSteel

Hi it's lovely to here that there are no regrets and waking up over there every morning has made the wait worthwhile!!! We can't wait to join our family we are considering a 600 visa as the siting time only seems to be going in one direction

Now arrived in the Australian section of the waiting room with the bonus of being able to see lots of our daughter and son in law.

still no news from IMMI we passed 2 years on 23 June! Let's hope that now we are into the new visa year starting 1 July that they get their act together.

Julie

Now arrived in the Australian section of the waiting room with the bonus of being able to see lots of our daughter and son in law.

still no news from IMMI we passed 2 years on 23 June! Let's hope that now we are into the new visa year starting 1 July that they get their act together.

Julie

WooHoo! Welcome to the Oz section of the waiting room! Hope your journey went well!

WooHoo! Welcome to the Oz section of the waiting room! Hope your journey went well!

Thanks Alan,

jet lagged ,up at ridiculous o'clock and it hasn't stopped raining since we arrived. Not at lot of difference from the UK! A political mess in the UK and they can't make up their mind who has won the Oz elections. still best foot forward, off to see some properties today so that we can get the feel of the housing market. Pleased to say it all felt familiar and not missing home. Oh and yes got my fly buy application form.

Julie

Thanks Alan,

jet lagged ,up at ridiculous o'clock and it hasn't stopped raining since we arrived. Not at lot of difference from the UK! A political mess in the UK and they can't make up their mind who has won the Oz elections. still best foot forward, off to see some properties today so that we can get the feel of the housing market. Pleased to say it all felt familiar and not missing home. Oh and yes got my fly buy application form.

Julie

Good luck with your house-hunting Julie and be sure to keep us posted.

Hi please can anyone that has been granted a 12 month stay e600 visitor visa, and are already out in Australia,

tell me if it is ok to go on a one way ticket. Then book ticket home when we decide to come back, as at this time we aren't sure.

Also I see when I've looked at prices, the flight dates don't go that far ahead to book a return ticket anyway.

Lorraine

Hi please can anyone that has been granted a 12 month stay e600 visitor visa, and are already out in Australia,

tell me if it is ok to go on a one way ticket. Then book ticket home when we decide to come back, as at this time we aren't sure.

Also I see when I've looked at prices, the flight dates don't go that far ahead to book a return ticket anyway.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

We had a one way ticket when we went to perth February 2015. We just booked flight back when we returned in Feb 2016. as 143 not granted yet.

Barneygrew

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

In the last week we travelled to Melbourne on one way tickets and we are on a 3 month tourist visa. No problems, no questions on entry. Having looked at the entry requirements before travelling it appears that if you are asked about onward travel then you should provide proof of sufficient funds to buy tickets. Hope that helps.

Julie

Hi Lorraine

In the last week we travelled to Melbourne on one way tickets and we are on a 3 month tourist visa. No problems, no questions on entry. Having looked at the entry requirements before travelling it appears that if you are asked about onward travel then you should provide proof of sufficient funds to buy tickets. Hope that helps.

Julie

Thank you Julie. Hope you hear from immi soon.

Lorraine

As I said in another context, I meet the balance of family test, I am in Australia on my own. There is no way I could go to live with my son and his young family in the UK and get on the NHS for any amount of money. So who is talking about discrimination? And by the way, my father was a pilot in RAF Bomber Command and my great grandfather emigrated from Herefordshire in 1869.

My advice to any Parent on this thread who is thinking of moving to Australia to rejoin family, do not tarry. The budgetary situation in Australia will only get worse. Every old Brit who comes here not only costs the taxpayer a lot of money via Medicare, (where costs are growing rapidly partly because of an ageing population)but the Australian taxpayer has to top up all those frozen pensions after the first ten years are up. Cash cows? Don't think so.

Hi All, just wondered how many of us are in Perth ? either n the waiting room or been here a few months and would like a big meet up if there is a lot of us ? and are we north or south of the river ?

Hi odies

We arrive in perth on 20 July on 600s now until the 143's are granted and will be staying near Joondalup for a while so a meet up would be very welcome.

Cheers

Steve

Julie

Hi Julie

Hope you had a good journey and feel more relaxed now.

We arrive in perth on 20 July but still so much to do!

Cheers

Steve

Hi odies

We arrive in perth on 20 July on 600s now until the 143's are granted and will be staying near Joondalup for a while so a meet up would be very welcome.

Cheers

Steve

Hi, that is great we will see how many more are interested and look towards end of July/ early August, we are north too so the venue will be easy, safe journey in the mean time .

Guest geordie joe
Hi All, just wondered how many of us are in Perth ? either n the waiting room or been here a few months and would like a big meet up if there is a lot of us ? and are we north or south of the river ?

Hi odies,

Happy to join the meet up, we are in Jindalee.

Joe