Guest guest36187

Well 6 weeks in, and after the hectic first month, things have settled down.

My job is being held until 2nd August, but after seeing todays update from Immi, might have to go back and see if they will extend this further. Karen isn't having a great deal of success finding work, but then again, we were told that until we get a definite visa, she wont get too many wanting to interview her. On the plus side to that, the garden looks good!

Fishing tackle purchased, but not yet been out, and camping kit slowly building up, ready for the warmer weather!

The mighty Perth Demons, are unbeaten since we arrived, so we are becoming a the 'lucky omen' fans there at the moment. Love watching the WAFL, not sure why more Brits don't get involved watching it to be honest!

Anyway we are off south this weekend, hopefully spotting some Whales down in Augusta on Sunday. If your in Joondalup area, give us a call, maybe a coffee sometime?

Hello :-) I'm just doing some research into visas for my parents. They currently live between UK/France and the whole Brexit thing has got them re-evaluating where to live/what to do. The immigration website is just as confusing as ever - plz could someone tell me if the PCV 143 is the way to go to get them over here the quickest? They're both 65, in good health (long may that continue), they pass the "balance of family" test (there's only me and my bro and he lives in NZ) and I can sponsor them as I'm an Aussie citizen (yay). All responses much appreciated, thank you :-)

Hi Bobths, There is no need for your parents to go though the misery and expense of a 143. Your parents (at 65 and 6 months) would be able to go to Australia on a holiday Visa, then while there, apply for a “ONSHORE (Subclass 804)” visa. This visa has a 30 year processing time, but your parents can also apply for a bridging visa and stay in Australia until their application is processed.

Skeelsy update from a warming up Northern Beaches after a polar blast. After just one full week at work my husband is already saying darta for data and prooooo ject. Had calamities last week with Coles home delivery - lorry got stuck in small lane we live in after overshooting down our steep drive then blocking all our neighbours in overnight as too slippery to move in the dark -ooops. On life time ban for home delivery by Coles so tried Click & Collect - not bad apart from they gave one of our bags of shopping to another customer!!!! I am suffering with another bug - our GP warned us when we arrived that it takes 5 years to acclimatise to the local bugs - its been 4 years so hopefully getting there. We have our NSW drivers licence with dodgy photos taken at the centre and passed the eye test they gave us. Health insurance was sorted until I read through again and realised not what we really wanted so luckily 30 days cooling allowed so back to drawing board. Was looking to start process of buying property here but with brexit going to leave money in uk until better exchange etc. Luckily the owners we rent from have 5 year work contract in usa so wont be coming back any time soon so we have breathing space. Thats about it and I'm off to do battle with the black mould in the bathrooms -the pesky little blighters keep sneaking back Kim

Hi Bobths, There is no need for your parents to go though the misery and expense of a 143. Your parents (at 65 and 6 months) would be able to go to Australia on a holiday Visa, then while there, apply for a “ONSHORE (Subclass 804)” visa. This visa has a 30 year processing time, but your parents can also apply for a bridging visa and stay in Australia until their application is processed.

No, it doesn't ...

Best regards.

hi, A date for your diary all those in Perth and looking forward to meeting up. We thought sunday 21 st August at The Indian Ocean brewing company <pub> at Mindarie Marina for an aussi " sunday session" so around 2 pm. I will book a table if you let me know numbers.

look forward to meeting you all

Odies and Steely

Just wanted to say thanks to the people on here to openly answer questions and help others. Your posts, past and present were a great help to me. My inlaws PV was processed and granted in just four months. That's pretty quick and while we don't know for sure why, we think its because we were already in the 804 queue for three years and thus that was taken into consideration when we applied for CPV. It really helped reading this blog and being ready for next steps like AOS and Form 80 as well to speed things up. So thanks again all of you, and good luck with the wait. We were three years waiting in the other queue and seeing numbers move oh so slowly (which is why we switched to CPV) so know how you feel.

hello, sorry I didn't reply when you sent this! totally slipped through. Yes your right I think (but Immi didn't say) we were probably processed quicker as we were waiting in the non-contributory queue first.

Cheers

Katherine

I am nosy too. She must be already on a 173 . Pls let us know Katherine.

Judy.

hello, sorry I didn't reply when you sent this! totally slipped through. Yes your right I think (but Immi didn't say) we were probably processed quicker as we were waiting in the non-contributory queue first.

Cheers

Katherine

Dear Katherine ,

Thanks for the clarification and congrats to your Inlaws.

cheers,

Judy.

Guest geordie joe
hi, A date for your diary all those in Perth and looking forward to meeting up. We thought sunday 21 st August at The Indian Ocean brewing company <pub> at Mindarie Marina for an aussi " sunday session" so around 2 pm. I will book a table if you let me know numbers.

look forward to meeting you all

Odies and Steely

Hi Linda

We will be fine for that date, looking forward to it.

Joe

Edit - not sure why this came up twice, sorry! Or maybe I thought it should be repeated ...

Immi update today "We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 29 May 2014." @AlanSteel - SO close for you now!!! June soon too :-)

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB
Repeat

Edit - not sure why this came up twice, sorry! Or maybe I thought it should be repeated ...

Immi update today "We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 29 May 2014." @AlanSteel - SO close for you now!!! June soon too :-)

Amanda

Thanks for the update, alas I have just had to send an update to the company who want me to start on 2nd August, saying it's doubtful our visa will be in place by then. To make matters worse, my migration agent hasn't replied to my email sent earlier this week! I hope the employer can wait.

Thanks for the update, alas I have just had to send an update to the company who want me to start on 2nd August, saying it's doubtful our visa will be in place by then. To make matters worse, my migration agent hasn't replied to my email sent earlier this week! I hope the employer can wait.

Alan, have you tried emailing Immi to explain the situation? You're so close to the finish line, surely they'd understand.

Alan, have you tried emailing Immi to explain the situation? You're so close to the finish line, surely they'd understand.

Yes, and a polite reply saying that they follow a strict date order, and to be fair to all, they have to follow this, although a lot longer put. Lol and to be honest, I guess that's the best way, otherwise if people que jumped, others wouldn't get any closer. As frustrating as that is.

So close! How frustrating for you that the processing date has only moved on by one day. Let's hope that it moves to 30 May for you next week. Fingers crossed that your future employer will hold your job open for you.

It is currently taking 26 months, and rising, for a CO to be allocated - so realistically it is now taking a minimum of 27 months for a contributory parents visa to be finalised. Goodness knows what it will be for us 2015 lodgers. This makes Alan Collett's estimate for a much lower cost Aged Parent Visa, 804, of 9-10 years look increasingly attractive!

I'm counting on another update on Friday, I hope I'm not wrong! You have everything lined up ready, I think it's "just" the visa fee for you now? I can't wait until we hear yours is granted as it'll be closer to our turn then :-)

I'm counting on another update on Friday, I hope I'm not wrong! You have everything lined up ready, I think it's "just" the visa fee for you now? I can't wait until we hear yours is granted as it'll be closer to our turn then :-)

Hi Amanda

we too are counting on another date by Friday. As IMMI haven,t automatically been sending out requests for meds and AOS then surely it's got to start moving as they will not have any applicants in a position to be processed very soon.

Being out here in Oz, the waiting is worse because we know where we want to live, what car we want to buy etc and just can't get on with it. fingers crossed for more movement in the date this week.

Julie

Hi everyone, I just have a question about receiving the HAP ID. As I've read a few posts , I saw that some have emailed immigration directly and were given the HAP ID. However, I was curious as to whether anyone has ever received the HAP ID along with their acknowledgement letter?

Hi everyone, I just have a question about receiving the HAP ID. As I've read a few posts , I saw that some have emailed immigration directly and were given the HAP ID. However, I was curious as to whether anyone has ever received the HAP ID along with their acknowledgement letter?

They haven't seen issued HAP id so early in the process for a couple of years. The reason is that medicals are only valid for one year and the whole process is currently taking about 27 months. So if you did your medical at the start, it would be out of date by the time you had a CO and you would have to do a second medical.