Guest guest36187

Nice reminder! Best we inform the shipping agent in UK and get ours sent out now. Interesting to see you got it our here without a visa, we were told be a number of companies this was an absolute NO until we get the visa.

Great news that things are moving so swiftly, enjoy Bali and then you can relax and get on with your new life in OZ. Hope you have some bubbly on ice for when you return from Bali.

Dumb question coming up. I saw from previous posts that you have rented what looks like an unfurnished property and you have yet to ship your furniture. What happens in the interim period before it arrives? Have you bought some basics to tied you over, rented furniture etc? Given we plan to rent for 6 months when we arrive to get our bearings, this has been exercising my brain somewhat.

Great news that things are moving so swiftly, enjoy Bali and then you can relax and get on with your new life in OZ. Hope you have some bubbly on ice for when you return from Bali.

Dumb question coming up. I saw from previous posts that you have rented what looks like an unfurnished property and you have yet to ship your furniture. What happens in the interim period before it arrives? Have you bought some basics to tied you over, rented furniture etc? Given we plan to rent for 6 months when we arrive to get our bearings, this has been exercising my brain somewhat.

Hi and good luck with the move. We really sifted through what we actually wanted to bring, knowing that we were going to rent quickly on arrival. So we have purchased stuff in addition to what we have being shipped over. TBH if it were down to me, if it didn't fit in a suitcase, it wasn't coming, but Karen thought otherwise lol, hence the small container.

Thanks Julie, yes getting everything lined up was probably the best advice we gained from others in the forum. One day fretting, next day it all falls into place. Bali booked for Monday to Friday next week! Then reality kicks in, it's back to work for me :-)

How perfectly this has worked out for you both Alan, what superb timing!! :-)

I think they stopped giving out the AOS info to any who lodged June 2014 onwards, and so that'll hold us next lot up somewhat. I realise some (like me) have been lucky enough to be able to do the medicals already but only because we asked. What a difference that few weeks made in getting it all up front or having to wait! I was thinking, it would be great if PVC just sent the requirement e-mails to everyone who lodged during June 2014 as there seem to be so many and then all of us applicants can start working on everything and lodge/be granted once everything is in place - just my wish, sigh.... (but an excellent idea nonetheless, lol).

Enjoy Bali, what a great way to ease yourself into the next stage. When you leave the waiting room, please leave the door a tiny bit open.... Thanks! :wink:

Hi Amanda

soooooo excited this morning to see that the date has changed to June, don't know what I'll be like when you hear from IMMI!

Julie

I thought you'd like that news :-) Whatever happens, our time will come soon. Don't worry, I sure will let you know as soon as we hear anything!

Amanda

Our shipping arrived this morning so will be spending the next week unpacking and wondering what possessed us to bring all this rubbish. But at least it will keep Linda happy going through the 8 crates of shoes and handbags, but I can guarantee she will still make a beeline for shoe and bag sections next time she's in Myer.

No idea what we're going to do if this visa isn't granted, one massive garage sale I guess.

Hi I'm interested like Alan, how did you manage to get furniture shipped before you have your 143 visa.

What shipping company did you use?

Headless chicken time folks!!!!! Request for 2nd VAC this morning, massive thanks to @Alan Collett and his team at Go Matilda!!! Off to the bank, never been so excited about spending so much cash, without anything tangible like a car/caravan etc to show for it at the end!

Bali next week, Sydney the following week start work! BOOM!!!!!!

Thanks to all who have helped and advised over the past couple of years!!

That great news Alan good luck in your new job. Enjoy your new life.

Lorraine

How perfectly this has worked out for you both Alan, what superb timing!! :-)

I think they stopped giving out the AOS info to any who lodged June 2014 onwards, and so that'll hold us next lot up somewhat. I realise some (like me) have been lucky enough to be able to do the medicals already but only because we asked. What a difference that few weeks made in getting it all up front or having to wait! I was thinking, it would be great if PVC just sent the requirement e-mails to everyone who lodged during June 2014 as there seem to be so many and then all of us applicants can start working on everything and lodge/be granted once everything is in place - just my wish, sigh.... (but an excellent idea nonetheless, lol).

Enjoy Bali, what a great way to ease yourself into the next stage. When you leave the waiting room, please leave the door a tiny bit open.... Thanks! :wink:

Thanks Amanda, it might look perfect now, but the stress worrying about dates last week and this was not great. Mind you I updated my new employers this morning, and they said, oh needn't have worried, we would have waited! Alls well that ends well, we hope!

Guest geordie joe
Hi I'm interested like Alan, how did you manage to get furniture shipped before you have your 143 visa.

What shipping company did you use?

We used Pickfords who also said we couldn't ship without a visa so it went into storage. However a number of people didn't seem to think it was an issue so I contacted Pickfords and asked for it to be shipped, again they advised against it and stated if the visa wasn't in place we would have to pay import tax. Given I was paying storage and also need to renew shipping insurance as it was running out I decided to send it.

We received an email from Pickfords Australia 10 days ago to say it had arrived in Freemantle and I needed to pay the $350 inspection fee and give an address for delivery. At no point were we asked for a visa number and we took delivery today.

Joe

Thanks Julie, yes getting everything lined up was probably the best advice we gained from others in the forum. One day fretting, next day it all falls into place. Bali booked for Monday to Friday next week! Then reality kicks in, it's back to work for me :-)

Hi Alan

Can you tell me the amount of the 2nd Vac please. I have lost track of the final payments and ours should be the same as yours. I think it is somewhere around 42,000 per person. Thanks.

Julie

Hi Alan

Can you tell me the amount of the 2nd Vac please. I have lost track of the final payments and ours should be the same as yours. I think it is somewhere around 42,000 per person. Thanks.

Julie

$87200 for myself and Karen. Quickest payment request we have ever sent, no waiting for the red letter with this one! Ha ha

Spare chair in the waiting room folks, we are gone!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33886[/ATTACH]

Brilliant news.

We arrived in Perth on 600s pending the 143s last Wednesday.

All the best

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Before we slip away, can anyone who has had the 143 granted tell us, do you get something tangible placed in your passport to show to employers that we actually do have full working rights please?

Congratulations Alan, so glad you got there before the job offer started to waver! In answer to your question, we got no tangible sign of our new status in our passports when we came back from New Zealand. All we got was the email telling us the visa had been granted. It doesn't really affect us yet as we are still in the UK for the mo., but I printed the visa letters out and filed them with our birth certificates ... Just made me feel happier :-). Good luck with it all, wish we were there already.