Guest guest36187

We are waiting for 143 and our date is 23rd June 2014, we r returning to oz later this month on a subclass 600, does anyone know if we have to be out of Australia for the 143 visa to be granted?

Hiya Barneygrew, you are very close to getting a case officer now. Yes, you do have to be offshore. I believe immigration will let you know when you have to leave to enable them to grant your visa.

Amanda

We are waiting for 143 and our date is 23rd June 2014, we r returning to oz later this month on a subclass 600, does anyone know if we have to be out of Australia for the 143 visa to be granted?

Hi Barneygrew

We are also lodged on 23 rd June 2014, as Amanda says very close to getting a Co. We are in Melbourne at the moment and will have to go off shore when they are ready to grant. Where in Oz are you heading to?

Julie

Hi Barneygrew

We are also lodged on 23 rd June 2014, as Amanda says very close to getting a Co. We are in Melbourne at the moment and will have to go off shore when they are ready to grant. Where in Oz are you heading to?

Julie

Hi Julie we will be living south of Perth place called Wellard. We have had police checks but no medicals yet. We,re getting a bit nervous now . Hopefully won,t be long for us all. Best of luck for the future . Barneygrew.

Any update guys?????????

Hi Darshan

I wish there was but I haven't had any response to the test email since last Thursday. Our best hope is for an update from Amanda JB just as soon as she hears, otherwise it's probably Thursday of this week.

Frankly I'm going bonkers with the waiting, trying to keep busy but Everytime the email beeps I'm on full alert!

Julie

No Test update since last Thursday!!!!!! This is just too much.........

Come on Immi, just get the auto respond on please!

Julie

Hi Julie,

I sent the test email yesterday evening Perth time and the auto message was:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 16 June 2014.

It didn't say 'no change from last week' either. Maybe they have not updated it hopefully.

Amanda, hope your email box is not over quota. Or are you busy sending requested documents to immi? :wink:

Judy.

Hi Julie,

I sent the test email yesterday evening Perth time and the auto message was:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 16 June 2014.

It didn't say 'no change from last week' either. Maybe they have not updated it hopefully.

Amanda, hope your email box is not over quota. Or are you busy sending requested documents to immi? :wink:

Judy.

thanks Judy, I tried 6 times yesterday to get an update, just goes to show there's no sense to it all..... Hopefully to tonight we might all get better news.

Julie

Hi all, I've kept silent as there is still no news, sorry about that (and haven't slept much this week expecting to hear each morning!). I see its moved on one day :-( This is tougher than the 26 months so far.

I'll certainly update on here when I hear from a CO. I have so much I need to plan and at work too. My notice period will be taking me towards December at this rate when flights will be extortionate. That, and the dollar rate and the wait....not to mention finding a job and home at that time of year. Telling myself every day that today will be the day. We can't change anything. I'm wondering if it's slowed due to applicants replying from early June 2014 now. We can only hang in there. Last week was moving along so well. Hopefully I'll be back on here with a big smile soon!!

Hi Amanda

Surely you must hear next week. Like you I think they are getting some replies in from late May/early June applicants and so that's slowing it all down again. We have resigned ourselves to having to go offshore twice, once for our tourist visa expiring and then later for the validation. It,s certainly no better waiting out in Oz, you can,t get on and do anything without PR and don't even mention the exchange rate. We've pretty much decided to move our money once we get PR as we've just been notified that the interest rates on our savings accounts will be drastically slashed at the end of October. With house price inflation in Oz we just have to resign ourselves to loosing out on dollars. Hopefully this awful wait will be over soon, it's certainly the last time I want to do anything like this again.

Here's to good news for you next week.

Julie.

Cheers Julie

I can see how frustrating it must be for you waiting it out there! I think your tourist visa expires October? You may be okay if that's the case. This part is no fun though. Our bank interest rates for savings are being cut too. We are still looking at a GBP account over there, haven't cancelled that idea just yet. The exchange rate has improved slightly this week. Not a great deal but better than the way it was going. It's a bank holiday here on Monday so perhaps that's the day I'll be skipping with a smile at hearing from a CO!!

Hi all, I've kept silent as there is still no news, sorry about that (and haven't slept much this week expecting to hear each morning!). I see its moved on one day :-( This is tougher than the 26 months so far.

I'll certainly update on here when I hear from a CO. I have so much I need to plan and at work too. My notice period will be taking me towards December at this rate when flights will be extortionate. That, and the dollar rate and the wait....not to mention finding a job and home at that time of year. Telling myself every day that today will be the day. We can't change anything. I'm wondering if it's slowed due to applicants replying from early June 2014 now. We can only hang in there. Last week was moving along so well. Hopefully I'll be back on here with a big smile soon!!

Keep smiling those of you who are waiting, and just think, many of you are nearly, very nearly there!!! Much closer than those of us who only lodged our applications in 2015.

Anyway, whilst waiting, just live the moment. Today has been a lovely summer's day in England (at least it has been where I live). I've even celebrated the start of the BH weekend with a G and T and a bbq - and in Oz it's still winter! See, we can occasionally bbq here as well! Mind you, I did manage to burn my pork chop because I got so engrossed in reading the latest updates on this blog ! That will teach me, not really just living the moment after all. Must try harder .....

On a point of info, can anyone tell me a bit more about the GB£ accounts in Oz ? Do they earn any interest

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Keep smiling those of you who are waiting, and just think, many of you are nearly, very nearly there!!! Much closer than those of us who only lodged our applications in 2015.

Anyway, whilst waiting, just live the moment. Today has been a lovely summer's day in England (at least it has been where I live). I've even celebrated the start of the BH weekend with a G and T and a bbq - and in Oz it's still winter! See, we can occasionally bbq here as well! Mind you, I did manage to burn my pork chop because I got so engrossed in reading the latest updates on this blog ! That will teach me, not really just living the moment after all. Must try harder .....

On a point of info, can anyone tell me a bit more about the GB£ accounts in Oz ? Do they earn any interest

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Hiya, good to know you were able to have a BBQ! We sure have to make the most of these gorgeous sunny days (while also getting distracted with thoughts of a move I see :-)

Those first couple of years waiting are not so bad, it's the end stretch that's the worst, edging closer to your date while feeling it's actually not going to reach you. Every week you think it must be this week and then Friday passes again. Luckily I still work full time as does my hubby so that's a distraction too.

Regarding the GBP account in Aus and whether they pay interest, it's quite the same situation as here. HSBC have various accounts and they range from 0% to 0.45% - various factors determine rates, whether multi-currency, instant access savings, fixed term, and value. Of course it's always worth shopping around just as it is here, but for us we feel it's worth considering. We live offshore and often have to prove we are still resident here or have the threat of account closure if we don't provide proof within a limited time so it would make our lives easier in that respect. I'm not sure if it's the same for mainland residents. That's our reasoning, together with the exchange rate the major factor. I will do sums at some point to see what the AUD interest rate would be and compare which is our better option just before we move.

Enjoy the long weekend! :-)

Amanda

Hi all, Can anyone help with information please. We are applying for a 173 visa, which at current processing times, should be granted in 18 months. How long do we have, from visa grant date, to needing to arrive in Australia? We are just thinking about when to sell our house in the UK. Any thoughts?