Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
We have officially left the waiting room! Vis a granted today!!

Great news Alan, enjoy the rest of your trip.

Hi everyone, we've just made the 2nd VAC this afternoon woohooooo. It's been a long journey but it's worth waiting for. We're almost there. Good luck to you all! :)

Congrats soph511. Could you pls tell us when you originally lodged the application, so that we can guess the progress.

Thanks Bear2015 :). We three lodged our application on 22nd May 2014 and got the request for extra documents on 3rd Jun 2016. Medical exam on 13th Jun, AOS done on 5th July 2016 and we had a bit of delay when we tried to send through the paperwork but it's all good now. Hope it helps :).

No further progress:no:

"OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS (subclass 143/173)

Your application will be processed according to the order of lodgement date and once your application has been assigned to an assessing officer, they will contact you.

Please be assured that the department will endeavour to finalize your application as quickly as possible.

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalize your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 1 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding."

Hey i am new here can u tell me in visa 173 form 80 is required or not

Hi and welcome

Immi decide on an individual case by case basis if they require form 80 or not, the general advice on the forum is to prepare it just in case they request it.

Good luck

Steve

Hey i am new here can u tell me in visa 173 form 80 is required or not

You don't need to fill in the 'form 80' when you first apply for the 173. But you will be asked for to complete a 'form 80' when your application is processed in 2 to 4 years time.

Is there anyone out there that can answer this question. I have a 173 application acknowledged last jan 2016. It appears that the backlog is increasing a s we speak to beyond 2 years. Is it possible to request the visa subclass to be changed to 864 without paying another 3k and submitting a new application??

Is there anyone out there that can answer this question. I have a 173 application acknowledged last jan 2016. It appears that the backlog is increasing a s we speak to beyond 2 years. Is it possible to request the visa subclass to be changed to 864 without paying another 3k and submitting a new application??

Unfortunately not - the 1st VAC will need to be paid again if you decide to apply for an 864 visa.

Best regards.