Guest guest36187

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 1 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding.

we haven't heard anything yet though!

Guest geordie joe
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 1 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding.

Will they contact you direct Alan or your migration agent? I'm guessing you won't be too far from your phone tomorrow.

Guest Yorkshire

I am 60 and my husband is 62 and we were just wondering if anyone had any advice about the best way to apply for a visa. We are just unsure what to do as my husband will probably be nearly 65 when our Contributory visa is granted anyway and so wondered if we ought to go for the aged parents visa. We would also welcome advice on whether to use an agent in the UK or in Oz I know there would be problems with the time difference but our son who is already out there would be willing to make any phone calls on our behalf. Many thanks

Will they contact you direct Alan or your migration agent? I'm guessing you won't be too far from your phone tomorrow.

No idea to be honest, but I have contacted Immi direct as I haven't had a reply from my migration agent since I sent an email Monday, so hopefully they will contact me. As you say though, phone glued to me now! If we get asked for 2nd payment and can pay before Tuesday then we can fly out and return in time for me to start my new job on 2nd August

I am 60 and my husband is 62 and we were just wondering if anyone had any advice about the best way to apply for a visa. We are just unsure what to do as my husband will probably be nearly 65 when our Contributory visa is granted anyway and so wondered if we ought to go for the aged parents visa. We would also welcome advice on whether to use an agent in the UK or in Oz I know there would be problems with the time difference but our son who is already out there would be willing to make any phone calls on our behalf. Many thanks

Hi Chittaway, I don't have any answers but @Alan Collett would be worth contacting as he has done a good job for us. He is a migration agent MARA registered in UK and Oz I believe. Good luck with the process

Fantastic news!! I am certain you will make it in time for your new job on 2 August. Plus I'm SO excited now that it's jumped to June - two updates in a week, how totally fab. I see 1 June 2014 was a Sunday mind, lol. Thirteen more June 2014 working days to reach mine, getting excited here now! :-)

Hi Amanda

we too are counting on another date by Friday. As IMMI haven,t automatically been sending out requests for meds and AOS then surely it's got to start moving as they will not have any applicants in a position to be processed very soon.

Being out here in Oz, the waiting is worse because we know where we want to live, what car we want to buy etc and just can't get on with it. fingers crossed for more movement in the date this week.

Julie

Hi Julie, you'll have seen that it's getting close now from Alan's update, you'll soon have the home and car you want :-)

Amanda

Hi Chittaway,

This is a question we have been considering ourselves (being of a similar age). There seems to be so much uncertainty with how long the 173/143 visa process with take in the next few years. We had been hoping for a 2-year queue. But if this stretches to +4 years, the aged visa may be a better option. We would really need to know how many are currently queuing, to be able to do the maths.

So our own plan is to stick with our 173 application for now, and to re–assess our situation over the next 2 years.

I feel, reading back though this thread, dealing with the uncertainty of this process is causing the most stress. I have the greatest admiration for everyone who has sold-up and shipped-out pre-visa grant. But I fear, all of us at the back of the queue, may have to accept a +4 year wait as the new norm.

Great news that you have now heard from your migration agent and it looks as if things are now happening for you, hope all goes smoothly from here on in. Really good to see some movement.

Re the message from IMMI, they started processing applications lodged in May 2014 on 7 Apr and were still processing May 2014 lodgements up to yesterday. That means it took 3 1/2 months to process May lodgements- how much slower pace can it take to process June 2014 lodgements? Even if IMMI stay at the same pace as May for June lodgements, and things don't slow down any further, we will soon be talking about 30 months for a contributory parent visa- 2 1/2 years! Non contributory parent visas, 103 and 804, continuing to look great value.

Hi Julie, you'll have seen that it's getting close now from Alan's update, you'll soon have the home and car you want :-)

Amanda

Hi Amanda

soooooo excited this morning to see that the date has changed to June, don't know what I'll be like when you hear from IMMI!

Julie

we are both so excited for you, I take it you mean the 30th for the xmas in july ? the august meet up on a sunday is still ok ?

get those air plane tickets booked...

Thanks, yes the Xmas one, pity as I was going to get Roy a really natty outfit too!! August is all good, well lets hope this doesn't drag on now!

Headless chicken time folks!!!!! Request for 2nd VAC this morning, massive thanks to @Alan Collett and his team at Go Matilda!!! Off to the bank, never been so excited about spending so much cash, without anything tangible like a car/caravan etc to show for it at the end!

Bali next week, Sydney the following week start work! BOOM!!!!!!

Thanks to all who have helped and advised over the past couple of years!!

They haven't seen issued HAP id so early in the process for a couple of years. The reason is that medicals are only valid for one year and the whole process is currently taking about 27 months. So if you did your medical at the start, it would be out of date by the time you had a CO and you would have to do a second medical.

Thanks! I was confused as I know someone who applied half a year before me got their HAP ID at the same time as their acknowledgement better! But it makes much more sense that they give it out closer to when a CO is assigned to meet the 12-month valid requirement.

Headless chicken time folks!!!!! Request for 2nd VAC this morning, massive thanks to @Alan Collett and his team at Go Matilda!!! Off to the bank, never been so excited about spending so much cash, without anything tangible like a car/caravan etc to show for it at the end!

Alan

Wow wow wow, fantastic and so quick as you had all your ducks in a row. Enjoy Bali and your new life.

Julie

Guest geordie joe

great news Alan, pleased it all worked out in time to start your new job.

Joe

Guest geordie joe

Our shipping arrived this morning so will be spending the next week unpacking and wondering what possessed us to bring all this rubbish. But at least it will keep Linda happy going through the 8 crates of shoes and handbags, but I can guarantee she will still make a beeline for shoe and bag sections next time she's in Myer.

No idea what we're going to do if this visa isn't granted, one massive garage sale I guess.

Our shipping arrived this morning so will be spending the next week unpacking and wondering what possessed us to bring all this rubbish. But at least it will keep Linda happy going through the 8 crates of shoes and handbags, but I can guarantee she will still make a beeline for shoe and bag sections next time she's in Myer.

No idea what we're going to do if this visa isn't granted, one massive garage sale I guess.

Nice reminder! Best we inform the shipping agent in UK and get ours sent out now. Interesting to see you got it our here without a visa, we were told be a number of companies this was an absolute NO until we get the visa.

Alan

Wow wow wow, fantastic and so quick as you had all your ducks in a row. Enjoy Bali and your new life.

Julie

Thanks Julie, yes getting everything lined up was probably the best advice we gained from others in the forum. One day fretting, next day it all falls into place. Bali booked for Monday to Friday next week! Then reality kicks in, it's back to work for me :-)