Guest guest36187

Whoopee, it's getting so close now, will it move tomorrow? Amanda JB you are so close to getting a CO and as soon as you are we are all right behind you!

Julie

WOW!!!! Fantastic! That has cheered me up hugely because I checked (very early) this morning and it still said 6 June '14. Brilliant!! Smiling.... :-)

Amanda

Eeek!!Can't believe there has been some movement!! Our date is getting closer and I'm trying not to get excited about it - fingers crossed Julie and Tien :chatterbox:

Hot on your heels Amanda!!

Hi

I think the processing date is moving fairly swiftly because IMMI are just sending out letters to ask everyone to do meds, police and AOS. I believe that they usually give 28 days for applicants to arrange this. At some point everything is going to grind to a halt when everyone returns their docs and the actual processing takes place. Anyway for now I'm really thrilled with the progress! Will be checking the Test email tonight, fingers crossed for Amanda JB maybe next week!

Julie

For those of you who have obtained visas recently, were you able to get the letter allowing you to process your AOS before you had your CO appointed? Given that Centrelink can be slow in processing the AOS it would be very helpful if this were possible

Thanks

Dave

Guest geordie joe
For those of you who have obtained visas recently, were you able to get the letter allowing you to process your AOS before you had your CO appointed? Given that Centrelink can be slow in processing the AOS it would be very helpful if this were possible

Thanks

Dave

I know a number of people who are getting close their CO allocation dates have asked and been given the AOS letter, although some have had to ask on more than one occasion. I guess if you are close to your allocation date it's always worth sending off an email, worst they can do is say no.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, I am still waiting for a CO. I asked after receiving my HAP ID in early May whether we could have the AOS letter and was advised it was too early and to ask again end of June. I then contacted them end of June and received a reply advising that they were unable to provide it as it would then be double processing of applications for them and they also apologised. From what I understand, those who lodged before June 2014 were luckier in getting the info upfront. Hopefully I will have a CO very soon! When did you lodge?

Amanda

Hi Dave, I am still waiting for a CO. I asked after receiving my HAP ID in early May whether we could have the AOS letter and was advised it was too early and to ask again end of June. I then contacted them end of June and received a reply advising that they were unable to provide it as it would then be double processing of applications for them and they also apologised. From what I understand, those who lodged before June 2014 were luckier in getting the info upfront. Hopefully I will have a CO very soon! When did you lodge?

Amanda

Hi Amanda

My guess is Wednesday! When you do hear can you let us know if they request Form 80 please.

It's Sunday night in Oz now and I can't wait for the week to progress towards you getting a CO.

Julie

I just sent the TEST e-mail and was pretty excited to get the auto response as it means there's been an update, but it says 11 June 2014 again?? "We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding."

I am certain it was 13 June last week, I'm disappointed to see a backward step (??), we are used to the slow movement of dates, but this is new..... :-(

I just sent the TEST e-mail and was pretty excited to get the auto response as it means there's been an update, but it says 11 June 2014 again?? "We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding."

I am certain it was 13 June last week, I'm disappointed to see a backward step (??), we are used to the slow movement of dates, but this is new..... :-(

Hi Amanda

i have a copy of last weeks TEST and it def says 13 June 14. I just tried but could not get a reply, I expect someone made a typo!

No doubt it will move later this week......keep the faith we are almost there!

Julie

Hi Amanda

i have a copy of last weeks TEST and it def says 13 June 14. I just tried but could not get a reply, I expect someone made a typo!

No doubt it will move later this week......keep the faith we are almost there!

Julie

Thanks Julie, so near, so far ... :-) Won't be long for sure, let's hope there's an amendment on the date soon.

Amanda

Friday's response said 13 June, today's response has gone back to 11 June. I believe they were on strike Friday but I don't know why that should have put the date BACK!!!

Thanks Julie, so near, so far ... :-) Won't be long for sure, let's hope there's an amendment on the date soon.

Amanda

Hi Amanda

just got another response to the test email and as at 16.30 Melbourne time on Wednesday they are now assessing 12th June! They must have missed a drawer full of 143 files, at least it's going in the right direction again.... They are definitely playing mind games with us.

Julie

Hi Amanda

just got another response to the test email and as at 16.30 Melbourne time on Wednesday they are now assessing 12th June! They must have missed a drawer full of 143 files, at least it's going in the right direction again.... They are definitely playing mind games with us.

Julie

Cheers Julie,

I've been too scared to check, lol. Must have been a typo last week, we'll never know I guess. Let's hope this Friday has another update! Plod, plod...

Amanda

Hi guys,

My mum applied for a 143 on 9th July 2014 but she has been visiting me for the past few years. (ie she comes on an eta 601-I think) She visits me for 3 months or so and returns home for a few weeks and comes back again. I was wondering if anyone could advise on whether she needs a police check for her stay here. Also, if she does, where do I go to apply for it? Sorry it's been a very long time since I applied for my visa and I cant remember how I did it!

Also, I did have a look and I saw one from the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and it also says that a 100 point check is required. She thinks she has misplaced her passport and can't find it. If the passport was well and truly missing, would she be able to use her birth certificate (foreign, but in English) to make up the 100 point check? She is able to get a travel document to return home but I have spoken to the embassy and they said it is too late to request for a passport to be sent out to her in Aus as she is due to depart on the 10th Sept! Thanks guys.