Guest guest36187

As I said in another context, I meet the balance of family test, I am in Australia on my own. There is no way I could go to live with my son and his young family in the UK and get on the NHS for any amount of money. So who is talking about discrimination? And by the way, my father was a pilot in RAF Bomber Command and my great grandfather emigrated from Herefordshire in 1869.

My advice to any Parent on this thread who is thinking of moving to Australia to rejoin family, do not tarry. The budgetary situation in Australia will only get worse. Every old Brit who comes here not only costs the taxpayer a lot of money via Medicare, (where costs are growing rapidly partly because of an ageing population)but the Australian taxpayer has to top up all those frozen pensions after the first ten years are up. Cash cows? Don't think so.

Hi Roberta, not sure if I've missed the rest of your thread, but I'm not positive in thinking that out of an estimated 24 million people in Oz, the amount of annual 'old Brits' as you label us out of an annual Immi quota of around 8000 per annum allocated, which incidentally is not just for Brits, but the total numbers per annum, is either costing the Australian taxpayer as much as other areas of immigration, or doing much in the way of adding to the ageing population. As a percentage this visa contributes around 0.03 of the growth in population.

Like I said, my reply may be taking your comments out of context as I couldn't see anything else other than your piece on this thread.

Hi Roberta, not sure if I've missed the rest of your thread, but I'm not positive in thinking that out of an estimated 24 million people in Oz, the amount of annual 'old Brits' as you label us out of an annual Immi quota of around 8000 per annum allocated, which incidentally is not just for Brits, but the total numbers per annum, is either costing the Australian taxpayer as much as other areas of immigration, or doing much in the way of adding to the ageing population. As a percentage this visa contributes around 0.03 of the growth in population.

Like I said, my reply may be taking your comments out of context as I couldn't see anything else other than your piece on this thread.

I wondered what that post was all about too, Alan, it seemed to just come out of nowhere. I suspect it was in answer to something on an entirely different thread and not meant to go on here. But I agree with you with the points you made in response.

I'll

Hi, that is great we will see how many more are interested and look towards end of July/ early August, we are north too so the venue will be easy, safe journey in the mean time .

Hiya

Thanks - see you in August it will be great to meet everyone!

Hi odies

We arrive in perth on 20 July on 600s now until the 143's are granted and will be staying near Joondalup for a while so a meet up would be very welcome.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve/ Odies/ Steely/ and I think Geordie Joe?

i am flying out 1st November while waiting for visa, staying in Harriesdale, would be great to meet up.

Bev

It's official, being in the waiting room has sent me barking mad. Just decided to tag a reply onto my last request for medicals from IMMI to find that I had misread the email and that Hap I'd nos were provided back in May!!! Feeling extremely foolish and annoyed with myself. Anyway, just about to book meds in Oz as it did say don't do them before the end of June. Onwards and upwards, now trying to master the emedical site!

Julie

Hi All, just wondered how many of us are in Perth ? either n the waiting room or been here a few months and would like a big meet up if there is a lot of us ? and are we north or south of the river ?

Sounds a great idea, count myself and Karen in please. If you need a hand organising, just give us a shout!

It's official, being in the waiting room has sent me barking mad. Just decided to tag a reply onto my last request for medicals from IMMI to find that I had misread the email and that Hap I'd nos were provided back in May!!! Feeling extremely foolish and annoyed with myself. Anyway, just about to book meds in Oz as it did say don't do them before the end of June. Onwards and upwards, now trying to master the emedical site!

Julie

Hi Julie. as we lodged on the same date, i havent heard anything from our lawyer regardings medical no. was just wondering if you already got it in May?

Guest geordie joe

Julie

and I bet you were calling them when you thought they hadn't given you them, lol

I see the latest info, in addition to the 27 May 2014 date, still states the below, no info on the number of places for the 2016/2017 programme yet: - I think they should update it to say "processing times for these WILL exceed 24 months.", not is expected to - there are plenty of us beyond that now.

There are 7175 places allocated to Contributory Parent visa category in the 2015-16 Migration Programme.

Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing times for these is expected to exceed 24 months.

Those lodging now are likely to have an even longer wait than we are having, with the following:

"DUE TO THE 42% INCREASE IN APPLICATION LODGEMENTS IN THE LAST FEW DAYS DO NOT CONTACT US TO CONFIRM IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IF YOU HAVE USED A COURIER, REGISTERED OR EXPRESS POST YOU CAN USE YOUR TRACKING NUMBER TO CONFIRM WITH THE COURIERS OR THE POST OFFICE THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN DELIVERED."

But hey, what can we do, but wait, enjoy each day, and look forward to what lies ahead.... and drink gin perhaps... :-)

Amanda

Julie

Hiya, lucky you were going to reply to the last e-mail then! :-) It's probably not a bad thing, because so much was going on with your imminent move that your blood pressure may have been sky high for medicals! At least now, you're there, and no doubt more relaxed. Go for it :-)

Hope it's all going great and it's fab that you're now having time with your family.

Amanda

Hiya, lucky you were going to reply to the last e-mail then! :-) It's probably not a bad thing, because so much was going on with your imminent move that your blood pressure may have been sky high for medicals! At least now, you're there, and no doubt more relaxed. Go for it :-)

Hope it's all going great and it's fab that you're now having time with your family.

Amanda

Hi Amanda

yes you are right about the blood pressure!

just want the exchange rate to improve now.

Julie

Iam just wondering if there are anyone who got a dependant child over 18 included in 143 visa and has been granted? I am just afraid they are making it hard when assessing the dependant child, which is myself :(

I believe there was somebody on here with a similar situation, maybe it was Skeelsy? I saw your more in depth explanation of your situation on another thread, and it might be that you need a migration agent to help with the answer you're looking for, because it sounded a bit complicated to me.

Guest geordie joe
Iam just wondering if there are anyone who got a dependant child over 18 included in 143 visa and has been granted? I am just afraid they are making it hard when assessing the dependant child, which is myself :(

I think harvi13 who has posted on this forum may have also been a dependant on his parents 143 visa when it was granted recently.

Joe

I see the latest info, in addition to the 27 May 2014 date, still states the below, no info on the number of places for the 2016/2017 programme yet: - I think they should update it to say "processing times for these WILL exceed 24 months.", not is expected to - there are plenty of us beyond that now.

There are 7175 places allocated to Contributory Parent visa category in the 2015-16 Migration Programme.

Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing times for these is expected to exceed 24 months.

Those lodging now are likely to have an even longer wait than we are having, with the following:

"DUE TO THE 42% INCREASE IN APPLICATION LODGEMENTS IN THE LAST FEW DAYS DO NOT CONTACT US TO CONFIRM IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IF YOU HAVE USED A COURIER, REGISTERED OR EXPRESS POST YOU CAN USE YOUR TRACKING NUMBER TO CONFIRM WITH THE COURIERS OR THE POST OFFICE THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN DELIVERED."

But hey, what can we do, but wait, enjoy each day, and look forward to what lies ahead.... and drink gin perhaps... :-)

Amanda

42% increase with reference to what, exactly?

PVC: if you are reading this, the comment is meaningless without a reference point.

Best regards.

The processing time for CPVs is getting ridiculous. With the repeal fiasco of non contributory parent visas, their current processing time is 30 years and now with surge in CPV applications, they are fast approaching 3 years of processing. Soon we may end up with NZ like system where Tier-1 parent visas are processed in 12 months with the requirement being transfer of NZD $500k into NZ(as settlement funds not as fees) and Tier 2 parent visas with a current processing time of 7+ years.

I don't think they have a 2nd VAC charge?

Packed hubby off to first day at work today wearing proper clothes - he did have small printed luminous palm trees on his black socks as small token of 'oz style'. @AlanSteel be aware of the likelihood of protracted background checks here re work as hoping not long before you march through that door now Kim

Packed hubby off to first day at work today wearing proper clothes - he did have small printed luminous palm trees on his black socks as small token of 'oz style'. @AlanSteel be aware of the likelihood of protracted background checks here re work as hoping not long before you march through that door now Kim

Cheers Kim, and good luck to hubby on day one! Still not getting too excited about the door opening to be honest, seeing as we had hoped to have this done in Jan/Feb. But as each day passes, we like to think it is getting closer.