Guest guest36187

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 April 2015.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zaki said:

Hey tulip, 

I would have asked her but she is on her trip to Hawaii. 

Thanks 

Zaki 

With all your education you must be a clever person. Your agent maybe on holiday now but surely you'd have asked these questions along time ago? Just makes no sense to me that you're asking a forum of people who are not qualified when you have an agent working your case who is have thought would have this all under control. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

With all your education you must be a clever person. Your agent maybe on holiday now but surely you'd have asked these questions along time ago? Just makes no sense to me that you're asking a forum of people who are not qualified when you have an agent working your case who is have thought would have this all under control. 

Sorry to bother you. 

3 hours ago, Sadge said:

"Very true, but we also have to accept this is the very nature of any internet forum, where everyone is welcome to share their thoughts and opinions. Otherwise this would just be a ‘Q & A with Alan’ page.

With a name like Poms in Oz, I guess this website was originally targeted at UK citizens, but I am always appreciative of the many nationalities now sharing this thread. It’s very insightful to read other peoples interpretation of the rules and clearly we can’t always expect our UK presumptions to prevail.

It would be hard for an otherwise fit and healthy person in their late 20’s of 30’s to prove dependency on their parents here. So Australian immigration undoubtedly exercises some prudence to allow for these cultural differences."

Exactly  my point - I do recognise that people here are from different cultures and how can we (those of us in the UK) give advice on what is clearly a very complex situation, something that probably very few here have any knowledge or a full understanding of - especially when it comes to the complexities of eligibility,  which I was attempting to address. That is best left to the experts.  

Yes, I think we are both on the same page with the need to clarify complex points with experts. And you also make a very valid point about the need to choose only certified agents. Undoubtedly some agents are telling their clients anything to keep them happy and while taking the money. That’s why I always try to point people to Alan Collet who we know to be reputable.

I also think It’s fair to point people to immi's own website pages and in reference to the age of dependent children, the information is not unclear or complex. Although maybe it’s not what everyone wants to read or believe.

Anyway, I do hope I’m wrong, and it’s a shame more old-hands like you don’t pop back too. I’m sure someone else must have been through this process with children over 18.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zaki said:

Sorry to bother you. 

There is no need to apologise. It is obvious from your many posts you are worried about whether this visa will be granted. I am just saying you are asking all these questions about the same thing when you have an expert working for you. Just ask them and if they're on holiday wait until they get back. They know your situation so you'd hope they would have picked up on your situation and likehood of approval or problems. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Tere is no need to apologise. It is obvious from your many posts you are worried about whether this visa will be granted. I am just saying you are asking all these questions about the same thing when you have an expert working for you. Just ask them and if they're on holiday wait until they get back. They know your situation so you'd hope they would have picked up on your situation and likehood of approval or problems. 

11 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

well i think most of the people on this forum are those who have applied visas by their own or using agent ,so we not after any expert advice its all about experience eg  hot topic right now is dependency so all those  who are asking questions here actually wants to know has someone gone through this ..............

4 minutes ago, sh aron said:

well i think most of the people on this forum are those who have applied visas by their own or using agent ,so we not after any expert advice its all about experience eg  hot topic right now is dependency so all those  who are asking questions here actually wants to know has someone gone through this ..............

If dependency is a hot topic (and it seems to be) then perhaps you should start a new thread for all the dependent children on here to discuss just that subject? You might get more results that way.

• Like 9

Hi everyone After new AOS requirement i think that The applications of Centrelink is decrease. Although My sister paid the bond in 9/04/2018 and do bank guarantee in 18/04/2018  she still don’t have AOS Acceptance letter. Please tell me reason why ..... Because this is final step so my family waiting day by day For family reunion. Please give me advice

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tidang said:

Hi everyone After new AOS requirement i think that The applications of Centrelink is decrease. Although My sister paid the bond in 9/04/2018 and do bank guarantee in 18/04/2018  she still don’t have AOS Acceptance letter. Please tell me reason why ..... Because this is final step so my family waiting day by day For family reunion. Please give me advice

I would doubt anyone on this forum can tell you the reason why your family doesn't have an acceptance letter. You just have to wait and see like everyone else  I'm afraid 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, sh aron said:

Many on here have been through it of course but the hot topic on here at the moment seems to be around people claiming dependency in their mid twenties or close to that. I doubt many on here have been through that, I'm sure the vast majority's children would have been up to full time education or the end of university which is generally at 21 years old, possibly 22 if it was a four year degree. The people asking are saying things like in their country you are dependant on your parents until you marry and/or dependant for food and shelter still at that older age. These questions are being asked on a forum called poms in oz,  meaning people from the uk. I'm not saying you can't ask questions of course but the dependancy difference from the uk and other countries is vast so I can't imagine hardly anyone on here has got a visa for a 25 year old dependant.  Getting a visa can be a complex thing and the best solution is to use an experience migrant agent. Of course many do it themselves and it works out fine and that's all good. I'm sure it is only cost that stops people using an agent. Why wouldn't you if you could as they will take care of everything and whilst they cannot change outcomes they can present your case is in best way.  The main person asking questions on here right now has stated they have an agent and I simply said it makes no sense asking all these questions when you have a professional looking after your case. That agent appears to have gone on holiday but I'm sure they have it all in order.  someone has posted a suggestion of starting a separate thread on this subject, that makes good sense. 

• Like 10

Breaking news. Daily Mail in colour , so it must be true.

Dependent over the age stipulated in Australian Immigration Rules, can be any age and ignore the laid down procedure providing :-

A. They don't post every 30 secs on a forum,meaning more sane minded people think something important has happened.
B. They consult with a professional agent.
C. They accept a hot topic constitutes more than the same two people posting the same questions.

signed

Donald Trump's -truth office

Peter Dutton's -As if I care office

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, bridgie said:

Dependent over the age stipulated in Australian Immigration Rules, can be any age and ignore the laid down procedure providing :-

A. They don't post every 30 secs on a forum,meaning more sane minded people think something important has happened.
C. They accept a hot topic constitutes more than the same two people posting the same questions.

signed

Alternative thought...

In an environment where there is a lot of concern over parent visas in general perhaps don't make light of obvious concern from some posters - albeit in an area and visa strategy that is not familiar with most people here. 

No one is taking your piss taking approach to those caught out by the AOS changes (amongst other potential changes in advance of the budget on Tuesday) so a bit of respect to other posters wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 1

From what I understood, a dependent child was a child up until the age of 23 that was in full time education and financially dependent on their parents. Looking at the immigration website, it does clearly state that a child can be included in the application over the age of 23 but only in an instance of a physical or emotional impairment which would quite possibly result in a failure of the medical.

Yes, culturally, things are different in India than in the UK for example however, would this would be  influential in the immigration department? For eg case officer has 2 cases - 1 parent visa 143 application from the UK, 1 dependent child age 24. The same parent visa application 143 dependent child age 24 but from India.

I doubt they would think oh well, in India they stay with their parents longer so will give them the visa but the UK has a benefits system so we will decline that visa.  

3 hours ago, bridgie said:

signed

Not the kindest post. Lots of posters are feeling vulnerable, for some the increase in AOS is a big concern, for others the increase in the length of wait for the visa to be processed has impacted on their lives and might affect their future.

This parent thread has always been about helping and supporting each other.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, purpleal said:

From what I understood, a dependent child was a child up until the age of 23 that was in full time education and financially dependent on their parents. Looking at the immigration website, it does clearly state that a child can be included in the application over the age of 23 but only in an instance of a physical or emotional impairment which would quite possibly result in a failure of the medical.

Yes, culturally, things are different in India than in the UK for example however, would this would be  influential in the immigration department? For eg case officer has 2 cases - 1 parent visa 143 application from the UK, 1 dependent child age 24. The same parent visa application 143 dependent child age 24 but from India.

I doubt they would think oh well, in India they stay with their parents longer so will give them the visa but the UK has a benefits system so we will decline that visa.  

I would hope they wouldn't, they have to use the same criteria surely. These are not humanitarian visas, that would be different but these are just someone wanting a parent to live in Australia just like they do, 

Alternative thought...
In an environment where there is a lot of concern over parent visas in general perhaps don't make light of obvious concern from some posters - albeit in an area and visa strategy that is not familiar with most people here. 
No one is taking your piss taking approach to those caught out by the AOS changes (amongst other potential changes in advance of the budget on Tuesday) so a bit of respect to other posters wouldn't go amiss.

Nope, I've read and re read my post and nowhere do I mention the AOS situation, however, let me give you an alternative view.

There will be plenty of people on this forum and sitting in the visa queue that are pleased that the income level and bond has been increased. Why?, because it increases their chances of advancing faster towards a visa at the expense of others.

As a neighbour of mine once said, "It's only expensive if you can't afford it"

Trust me, I'm not extracting the urine.

12 minutes ago, bridgie said:

Nope, I've read and re read my post and nowhere do I mention the AOS situation, however, let me give you an alternative view.

There will be plenty of people on this forum and sitting in the visa queue that are pleased that the income level and bond has been increased. Why?, because it increases their chances of advancing faster towards a visa at the expense of others.

Although the goalposts seem to be constantly moving and when you have assessed the original situation and find your family can fit into the parameters it is exceedingly frustrating to think politicians can play with peoples’ lives.  They do it the world over and I for one am getting fed up with their arrogance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bridgie said:

You miss the point.

I meant no one was making light of any number of people here who had concerns over parent visas (including the AOS changes) apart from your unkind post on the topic of dependants.

I will make sure I am clearer in future.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2018 at 14:10, ramot said:

I have lived in Oz for 15 years on a retirement visa and been a member of PIO for a long time, but never give immigration advice as I am not qualified or an MA. We applied for an 864 visa last year and are in the queue. I am happy to help with general questions about things I have experienced and know about, but definitely never immigration advice. Have seen too much misinformation given, however well intentioned over the years. 

Ramot, I am considering changing my application from a 143 to an 864 as I will reach the required age in October. I'm unsure what a retirement visa is and how you've managed to live in Australia for the past 15 years on that type of visa? Any info would be much appreciated. I am using a MARA but am interested in your personal journey. TIA, Sue.

On 05/05/2018 at 14:10, ramot said:

I have lived in Oz for 15 years on a retirement visa and been a member of PIO for a long time, but never give immigration advice as I am not qualified or an MA. We applied for an 864 visa last year and are in the queue. I am happy to help with general questions about things I have experienced and know about, but definitely never immigration advice. Have seen too much misinformation given, however well intentioned over the years. 

1 hour ago, Skeelsy said:

Anyone heard anything about AOS as tomorrow is day it can be challenged otherwise new rules ‘rule’

Tomorrow is also budget day, so I wonder when the AoS will be addressed, or how much attention it may get. UK politicians would see this as an opportunity to bury bad news.

I’m also concerned about the actual budget. Will we see a titanic reduction in parent visa places, as speculated by some journalists? If the CPV stream gets capped at 3000 or less, then I think our journey is over. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, suelear said:

Ramot, I am considering changing my application from a 143 to an 864 as I will reach the required age in October. I'm unsure what a retirement visa is and how you've managed to live in Australia for the past 15 years on that type of visa? Any info would be much appreciated. I am using a MARA but am interested in your personal journey. TIA, Sue.

We came in 2003 on the self funded 410 retirement visa. This visa was stopped in 2005 to new applicants, but those of us already here can stay on and the visa is renewed every 10 years. It was replaced by the 405 investor retirement visa which is very expensive. Neither visas lead to PR. 

We are completely self funded. 

We retired here from Brunei and all 3 of our children were in UK then. Our 2 younger children followed us here they didn't settle in UK as they had spent so much time in Asia. so we applied onshore for the 864 visa when we became eligible. Would like the security of PR.