The weather ?

bristolman

On 23/10/2017 at 21:39, bristolman said:

That's exactly my point, the weather is far from dire, not even close to dire. I'm not saying the weather is one of its positive attributes, I'm saying it's not close to as bad as some would say. 

I love hot weather here dont get me wrong but i have to say the lifestyle in the UK means you spend more time walking to get to places. Since living in OZ i have put on 30kg and never ever spend time outside. I long for the UK so i can walk and actually have a garden i could enjoy. I was there in Nov and it wasnt bad at all expected far worse!

• Like 2

On 14/01/2018 at 16:11, Scousers1 said:

I love hot weather here dont get me wrong but i have to say the lifestyle in the UK means you spend more time walking to get to places. Since living in OZ i have put on 30kg and never ever spend time outside. I long for the UK so i can walk and actually have a garden i could enjoy. I was there in Nov and it wasnt bad at all expected far worse!

I guess you are not in Perth we spend so much more time outdoors here due to the fantastic climate Perth has. Used to hate the UK weather always found it hindered those that enjoyed spending time outdoors.

• Like 2

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 17:11, Scousers1 said:

You love hot weather but don't go out???

We are out here loads more than we used to be in the UK and we have a garden. Not a massive gardner myself but it's lovely to sit out under the pergola.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

My village taken this afternoon. My wife has said the road in is only now passable by tractor and we are expecting 3 more days of heavy snow. Me getting home on Friday is going to be interesting.

Sandfordsnow.jpg.f2887a2836c18903f565c9caa68c0722.jpg

Should move to Bristol or Stratford on Heaven VS. Apparently the weather is gorgeous there.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

My village taken this afternoon. My wife has said the road in is only now passable by tractor and we are expecting 3 more days of heavy snow. Me getting home on Friday is going to be interesting.

It's the same in our village.  The main road has been gritted and is mostly okay, but the road where we live is going to be a tricky drive.  OH had to help dig a neighbours car out yesterday evening, because he'd got stuck on the hill coming up to the houses.  We collected the kids from school early yesterday, and I'm kind of hoping the school is closed today so I don't have to go out.  

1 hour ago, LKC said:

It's the same in our village.  The main road has been gritted and is mostly okay, but the road where we live is going to be a tricky drive.  OH had to help dig a neighbours car out yesterday evening, because he'd got stuck on the hill coming up to the houses.  We collected the kids from school early yesterday, and I'm kind of hoping the school is closed today so I don't have to go out.  

Apparently even some of the main roads are bad. Just listening to radio 2 and people calling in saying they have been stuck on the M74 all night. Lots more snow forecast tonight as well!

School was open, and actually the roads weren't too bad.  Our road is a narrow, steep-ish lane, but I took it steady and got out onto the main road without any trouble.  I have to take a kitchen sink over to our new house at some point, so I might brave it later on, although that lane is steeper.

This is on the walk to school, from where I park the car.

Snow.jpg

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, LKC said:

School was open, and actually the roads weren't too bad.  Our road is a narrow, steep-ish lane, but I took it steady and got out onto the main road without any trouble.  I have to take a kitchen sink over to our new house at some point, so I might brave it later on, although that lane is steeper.

This is on the walk to school, from where I park the car.

Snow.jpg

Tuesday morning ,near Stratford upon heaven ?

WP_20180117_09_57_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20180117_10_02_44_Pro.jpg

On 16/01/2018 at 05:26, Sandgroper said:

I guess you are not in Perth we spend so much more time outdoors here due to the fantastic climate Perth has. Used to hate the UK weather always found it hindered those that enjoyed spending time outdoors.

xD seriously, much easier to go for a walk or a run or a cycle ride in the UK than in Oz, played a lot of golf last year and only had to put my waterproofs on about 3 times.

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

Tuesday morning ,near Stratford upon heaven ?

WP_20180117_09_57_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20180117_10_02_44_Pro.jpg

wooton wawen? looks like the shops on the left after you go over the river from stratford....looking again I dont think it is, pub on the right.

Edited by Perthbum

Thread was going gangbusters until the bloke from bristol stopped giving us updates on what he was wearing to cover his nether regions.

You wearing the shorts today or what? Daily updates required, if you don't mind.

Actually, bloke from bristol, are you sure you're not one of the 4 yorkshiremen?;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Perthbum said:

xD seriously, much easier to go for a walk or a run or a cycle ride in the UK than in Oz, played a lot of golf last year and only had to put my waterproofs on about 3 times.

xD haha bloody fair weather golfers, I’m not talking about Oz in general but Perth in particular has weather which suits those that enjoy the outdoors, much better climate than the UK.

I play golf every single week here in Queensland.  Personally would never have done so in the UK winter.  Not just because it is cold but the courses were in poorer condition with temporary greens and tees often in use.  I personally do not cycle here in the summer months though enthusiasts do (starting early in the morning) but tend to take the kayak out instead.  Many here enjoy a range of acquatic activities throughout the year but particularly in the warmer months.  I no longer jog but if I did would either have to get out at 5am from December to March as many do, or use the gym.  In reality I used to mainly use the gym when younger in the UK from November to March mainly because I hated running in the dark as well as in the cold.

I also like being inactive outdoors, dozing in the hammock, enjoying a coffee or having breakfast on our covered deck.  Only possible in comfort occasionally in the UK.

• Like 1

Yes PB that is where you live.  Try doing that in Scotland just now.  Just as the weather in the UK is so different from one area to another so it is here too.  It can be over 40 degrees in Sydney and 23 degrees where I live.

5 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

xD haha bloody fair weather golfers, I’m not talking about Oz in general but Perth in particular has weather which suits those that enjoy the outdoors, much better climate than the UK.

It's affordable too. Golf courses all over the place. Only taken it up recently as my son started playing a lot. Didn't realise it was so reasonable to play. Even that glorious Cambridge course wasn't too expensive.

We only had one golf course near where I grew up in Chesterfield (Tapton) and didn't know anyone that played. I think you had to talk with a nice accent and have a management title.