The weather ?

bristolman

16 hours ago, calNgary said:

A friend whose son is currently staying with us sent me this pic last night taken in our old home town yesterday. Looks lovely all white a fresh, just hope it doesnt continue and delay the in laws trying to get here on Thursday.

snow.jpg

bloody horrible ?....less of it the better .....xmas day for an hour , then that's it ?......I thought we had escaped it ..winter was has been a non event ,relatively speaking .

and then the last week ...brrr....loads of coughs , colds , chest infections ...vile ?

roll on Devon at Easter ....beautiful

3 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

bloody horrible ?....less of it the better .....xmas day for an hour , then that's it ?......I thought we had escaped it ..winter was has been a non event ,relatively speaking .

and then the last week ...brrr....loads of coughs , colds , chest infections ...vile ?

roll on Devon at Easter ....beautiful

Its quite normal for this time of year, i know because we always used to go to a restaurant on the moors for hubbys birthday and 9 times out of 10 it would be snowing,

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, simmo said:

whoever it is sending you those pics takes a great photo! Amazing scenery !

Scotland does have the most beautiful scenery apart from the built up belt from Glasgow to Edinburgh.  Best wee country in the world.  :)  It's the only place I'd think of moving back to though I'd probably spend the UK winters here as I've evolved into a bit of a softie.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 12:19, Toots said:

The village of Rhu on the Gare Loch, Scotland.

rhu.jpg

We used to fish the Narrows there many years ago. Lots of Anglers would drive up from Blackpool and murder the cod as they made their way through the narrows. Beach fishing that could better most boat fishing. This was long before most anglers became "conservation aware" and we could literally, overnightr, fill the back of a transit van with cod, many weighing up to 30lb

• Like 2

It's quite weird seeing actual winter weather in some areas of the country, it's just so rare nowadays. No snow here yet but tomorrow is apparently our day then back into double figures by the weekend. I see friends back in Oz complaining about the heat so all in all happy to be here and put up with the odd bit of bad weather. 

My in laws are over at the moment and have just spoken with hubbys sister back in our old home town, she said it is minus 4 and snowing !! The beast from the East (lol) as arrived.. I dont envy them at all and the in laws are hoping its gone and warmed up a bit before they go home. They did say there have been some nice days this year so far but its the lack of cinsisentcy that gets you down and i must admit that is what used to annoy me.

Cal x

We a little bit of snow yesterday and more overnight.  It is going between blue sky and sunshine, and blizzard conditions at the moment.  This was the view out of my back window earlier.  OH got to work without difficulty, although he took my car because school is closed (so I don't need it with the kids) and it is a 4x4.

Snow.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, calNgary said:

My in laws are over at the moment and have just spoken with hubbys sister back in our old home town, she said it is minus 4 and snowing !! The beast from the East (lol) as arrived.. I dont envy them at all and the in laws are hoping its gone and warmed up a bit before they go home. They did say there have been some nice days this year so far but its the lack of cinsisentcy that gets you down and i must admit that is what used to annoy me.

Cal x

It's winter lol. I don't expect the weather to be great especially in February. 

no snow yet here and not had to chip ice off car once yet this winter. Crossed road this morning and a car stopped with some ice around front windscreen - person crossing in opposite direction remarked where the car must have come from as we just don't see ice, which is exactly what i was thinking. Saying that it's still far too cold for my liking and we are due the white stuff tomorrow!

Edited by ayda