The weather ?

bristolman

6 hours ago, simmo said:

It'll be nice and warm inside. (and thats just the welcome)

Ice will be the least of your worries best you leave about 10.30 make sure you have your wits about you it’s an English pub so they’ll be a bit of scrapping outside at closing time.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Ice will be the least of your worries best you leave about 10.30 make sure you have your wits about you it’s an English pub so they’ll be a bit of scrapping outside at closing time.

Not in the types of pubs I frequent

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 00:15, Sandgroper said:

What a horrible winter you seem to be having, another cold blast on the way stay safe everyone.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-weather-latest-updates-snow-ice-met-office-warnings-forecast-roads-trains-flights-a8256831.html

????.....thanks for your concern ???......just off up the pub ....6 nations Is on all afternoon .....few beers with the lads ...happy days

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

not in the pubs i drink in either ....i come from Solihull ,old chap .

I fight in or outside the pub is a rarity .

if ever there was going to be trouble in the pub , it would ave been last night .

20 of the local Irish lads , had been on the lash all day , watching the Cheltenham races in the pub .

about 6 pm they all started singing ....no one took any notice

they are feeling very confident of victory at Twickenham today ....we shall see

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen
38 minutes ago, bristolman said:

I will be accused of lying but it's beautiful at the moment, not a cloud in the sky lol

Stop being a drama queen

1 hour ago, Sandgroper said:

Back in blighty or stopped over in Japan?

Back in blighty.

Been sick last three days with stomach bug. Must have picked something up on the plane.

Maybe it was the melon?

Edited by newjez

2 hours ago, newjez said:

Back in blighty.

Been sick last three days with stomach bug. Must have picked something up on the plane.

Maybe it was the melon?

catching stuff on planes ....now that warrants a thread all of its own .

since they banned smoking on flights , they don't re circulate the air as much .

all sorts of shit in the air .....all trapped in an enclosed space

I have lost two friends after they had been on flights .....both fit as well , pre travel

20 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

catching stuff on planes ....now that warrants a thread all of its own .

since they banned smoking on flights , they don't re circulate the air as much .

all sorts of shit in the air .....all trapped in an enclosed space

I have lost two friends after they had been on flights .....both fit as well , pre travel

Gee, don’t scare me, I’m going in a couple of weeks! 

That said, when I travelled with my youngest son as a baby when we got back from UK when he was 6 months old, within a couple of days he started breath holding and that was a very scary time for us, every time he cried he went blue and couldn’t breathe, often passing out. He grew out of it about 3 and we didn’t think any more about it and I took him to U.K. again when he was 4. A couple of days after we returned he started breath holding again but only for a few months this time. Only thing I could think of was not the flight per se but the spraying that they used to do every time you arrived in Australia - they don’t seem to have done that now for a few years but there are all sorts of weird things that can happen on planes. Either that or his shenanigans had nothing to do with flying at all!