The weather ?

bristolman

10 hours ago, Toots said:

Never had any problems myself after flying but loads of people I know seem to get really bad colds and even chest infections after a long flight.  

me neither.  I find those miniature bottles of red are a great preventive medicine and the cabin pressure seems to have a nice decanting effect on the wine.  

10 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

I feel your pain horrible, drive safely now B|

????......jealousy gets you nowhere .....scenery that people dream about ,where films are made .

there again I get my fair Share of shite as well ....i was in a suburb of a well known west midlands city yesterday ,and it was like aleppo ?.

but ,when iam out in the sticks of Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire , Shropshire ....if that's pain , give me more ?

11 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

????......jealousy gets you nowhere .....scenery that people dream about ,where films are made .

there again I get my fair Share of shite as well ....i was in a suburb of a well known west midlands city yesterday ,and it was like aleppo ?.

but ,when iam out in the sticks of Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire , Shropshire ....if that's pain , give me more ?

6 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

sandgroper -I miss the countryside......

a picture of the countryside appears.....i feel your pain ,horrible ????????

Not when it's like that no way, I'll stick with my 30c and clear blue skies for now but thanks anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simmo said:

who'd of thunk it.. A few days ago we where in snow blizzards and this evening I'm sat with a beer in the living room with the paddy O'doors wide open.

Same here in Scotland.  A couple of weeks ago we had 'The Beast From the East Part 1' and were snowed in for a few days.  Great community spirit, neighbours getting together to organise snow shovelling, communal shopping for human and animal feed, and the kids playing out with the neighbours kids, building igloos and sledging down hills.  The 'Beast From the East Part 2' struck last weekend, and unfortunately we ran out of gas.  Offers of hot showers from the neighbours were plenty.  On Monday and Tuesday I sat outside on a chair in the patch of mud and builders rubble I call my garden, and enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my face whilst having a tea/coffee and reading a book.  Today we were back to low temperatures and a biting wind, but I know that spring is around the corner.  It is so close I can almost taste it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Who'd of thunk it...a few days respite then Easter ruined by more crappy weather keep a smile on your faces peeps :wubclub:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-weather-forecast-latest-snow-and-ice-set-to-return-to-britain-for-easter-bank-holiday-weekend-a3795266.html

I don't know about Perth but when I used to take my sons as young kids to the Royal Easter Show in Sydney it was either stinking hot or pouring with rain.  It was so good when they reached the age when they could go without me.

I've said this before somewhere else on the forum   ..............  I have a photo of me and three friends in our teens sunbathing on Good Friday and by Easter Monday it was snowing.  

8 minutes ago, Toots said:

I've said this before somewhere else on the forum   ..............  I have a photo of me and three friends in our teens sunbathing on Good Friday and by Easter Monday it was snowing.  

Love the variety!

Edited by wattsy1982
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wattsy1982 said:

Love the variety!

We get plenty of that here in Tassie.  :cute:  Could be a glorious, warm sunny day today then tomorrow could have wind blasting from the ocean or the mountains and showers.  Not so much during summer but from autumn onward.

• Like 1