The weather ?

bristolman

2 hours ago, Toots said:

We get plenty of that here in Tassie.  :cute:  Could be a glorious, warm sunny day today then tomorrow could have wind blasting from the ocean or the mountains and showers.  Not so much during summer but from autumn onward.

We had 30 C here in Hobart on Saturday....then light snow on the mountain on Tuesday night.    I took some visitors up the mountain on Sunday afternoon.  It was 3.5 C at the top and blowing such a gale we could hardly stand up....it felt like -15.  (They were from Newfoundland so used to it.  :biggrin:)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

You shouldn't worry too much, I don't even know anyone in the UK who worries about the UK weather as much as you. 

I do like how you keep an eye on things back home though. Best to keep your options open.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, simmo said:

You shouldn't worry too much, I don't even know anyone in the UK who worries about the UK weather as much as you. 

I do like how you keep an eye on things back home though. Best to keep your options open.

Worried good lord not for me but hope all the old folk back in the UK are OK and have someone to look out for them during the bad weather, terrible time of year for the oldies.

2 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:
3 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Worried good lord not for me but hope all the old folk back in the UK are OK and have someone to look out for them during the bad weather, terrible time of year for the oldies.

Most oldies have warm centrally heated homes but if you are concerned for anyone in-particular let me know and I will check on them for you.  

5 minutes ago, simmo said:

Most oldies have warm centrally heated homes but if you are concerned for anyone in-particular let me know and I will check on them for you.  

I think you'll find a lot of oldies can't afford to heat there homes, we used to check on some near us during bad weather when we lived in the UK, perhaps you could do the same show there is still some community spirit left despite what everyone says.

2 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

I think you'll find a lot of oldies can't afford to heat there homes, we used to check on some near us during bad weather when we lived in the UK, perhaps you could do the same show there is still some community spirit left despite what everyone says.

That's awesome of you!  I will be sure to check on the old people down my street when the beast from the east 3 arrives.  

Looks like you've had a pretty crap Easter weekend all over the UK chins up eh 

Sure it will brighten up soon.

Obviously Hereford, Stratford upon heaven and SE London were absolutely stunning goes without saying really....................Perth was nice.................just saying.

6 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Looks like you've had a pretty crap Easter weekend all over the UK chins up eh 

Sure it will brighten up soon.

Obviously Hereford, Stratford upon heaven and SE London were absolutely stunning goes without saying really....................Perth was nice.................just saying.

off to north Devon tomorrow ....proper beer ...entertainment ....in previous years we have had good weather ....sadly not this year ....croyde bay is lovely though

bottom line is , I wouldn't want to be anywhere else .

I have seen plenty , and parts of Devon are right up there

6 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

off to north Devon tomorrow ....proper beer ...entertainment ....in previous years we have had good weather ....sadly not this year ....croyde bay is lovely though

bottom line is , I wouldn't want to be anywhere else .

I have seen plenty , and parts of Devon are right up there

surfs is not up to Margaret river standards ?....but croyde village is lovely

Cedarwood - Self Catering Holiday Chalet - Croyde - North ___.jpg

Croyde Beach _ Seaside Holidays _ Holiday Home Hunter.jpg

• Like 2