The weather ?

bristolman

I have no idea how we coped with the heat in Australia!  The kids have finished school today, so we had the leavers assembly (eldest left primary school today, so it was tears all round!), and it was cool in the church.  However, when we came outside afterwards it was like stepping into a furnace!  I've got to get her ready for her prom in a bit, and am hoping it cools down a bit before we go back to school to take photos.  The kids have done nothing but moan about the heat!  We've a paddling pool set up outside for them and the neighbours kids to play in, but it is too hot at the moment.  We're going to Greece next week, which I'm looking forwards to, because our villa has a pool!  Coping with the heat is much easier when you are on holiday, and don't have to worry about things like work, housework and cooking!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, LKC said:

I have no idea how we coped with the heat in Australia!  The kids have finished school today, so we had the leavers assembly (eldest left primary school today, so it was tears all round!), and it was cool in the church.  However, when we came outside afterwards it was like stepping into a furnace!  I've got to get her ready for her prom in a bit, and am hoping it cools down a bit before we go back to school to take photos.  The kids have done nothing but moan about the heat!  We've a paddling pool set up outside for them and the neighbours kids to play in, but it is too hot at the moment.  We're going to Greece next week, which I'm looking forwards to, because our villa has a pool!  Coping with the heat is much easier when you are on holiday, and don't have to worry about things like work, housework and cooking!

No, I don’t know how I coped either - hmm, yes I do, I sat inside on my bum in front of a computer screen with curtains and windows shut against the heat, 50kg heavier and much less fit.  Today at least it wasn’t quite as hot early on as I walked 6 miles to my sports massage session. The air con in the train home was real bliss but our house isn’t too bad, as long as dad leaves the doors open for the breeze to blow through. At least I don’t foresee a 2am cold shower just to be able to sleep tonight!

• Like 1

I live in Sydney and think the weather here is amazing BUT there is still no where else I'd rather be than the UK on a mid 20's cloudless summer day where it doesn't get dark till past 9pm. *When the weather is good*,  there is something indescribably intoxicating about a British summer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

I live in Sydney and think the weather here is amazing BUT there is still no where else I'd rather be than the UK on a mid 20's cloudless summer day where it doesn't get dark till past 9pm. *When the weather is good*,  there is something indescribably intoxicating about a British summer. 

We are having an incredible summer in the UK this year. Here in central Scotland it has been hot and sunny for weeks. In Northern Ireland they have just had to being in a hose pipe ban

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 07:59, VERYSTORMY said:

We are having an incredible summer in the UK this year. Here in central Scotland it has been hot and sunny for weeks. In Northern Ireland they have just had to being in a hose pipe ban

hottest day in Scotland since records began earlier this week

Just now, bunbury61 said:

rain needed ?...iam sure when it arrives it will be in a torrent , like it was last month ....months worth of rain in an hour ..in parts of the w.mids

WP_20180705_13_01_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20180705_13_20_33_Pro.jpg

considering last winter was the first one in 7 years ,that even resembled a winter in the w.mids .

not one day below freezing in 7 years ....we got close last winter at 1c .....the Last 6 years the lowest daytime temp was 6c ....we shall see if a pattern is developing

Love your photos Toots.

I wouldn't mind some warmer weather right now.  I'm enjoying the daytime temps where we are, but I struggle with the temperature first thing in the morning, and in the evenings (SE Qld)...I guess I'm just a wimp when it comes to cold weather! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nicolesmith said:

Love your photos Toots.

I wouldn't mind some warmer weather right now.  I'm enjoying the daytime temps where we are, but I struggle with the temperature first thing in the morning, and in the evenings (SE Qld)...I guess I'm just a wimp when it comes to cold weather! ?

We reached 12C today on the NW coast of Tasmania.  AND it's grey and raining.  Oh well, it is the middle of winter.  ?

3 hours ago, nicolesmith said:

Love your photos Toots.

The first winter I was here on the Sunshine Coast I froze, but had moved from spending 10 years in Brunei. We put in reverse cycle aircon and Verisol? Blinds which helped. I was ready to move further north! Now 15 years later I really like having to rug up and wear some winter clothes for a change. As long as it doesn’t last too long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramot said:

The first winter I was here on the Sunshine Coast I froze, but had moved from spending 10 years in Brunei. We put in reverse cycle aircon and Verisol? Blinds which helped. I was ready to move further north! Now 15 years later I really like having to rug up and wear some winter clothes for a change. As long as it doesn’t last too long.

Yes, all my thick jumpers etc from England come in handy on winter evenings and mornings.  Many of the locals wear shorts all year round but I put them away in June and bring them back out in October.  Makes a change to wear jeans and long trousers though oddly in the UK when it was 20-23C in the day I would normally be in shorts and sandals.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ramot said:

Yeah, we were about ready to fly north for the winter!  You'd think coming from the UK and then NZ, that we'd be used to it!  But no...

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:54, Gbye grey sky said:

Yes, all my thick jumpers etc from England come in handy on winter evenings and mornings.  Many of the locals wear shorts all year round but I put them away in June and bring them back out in October.  Makes a change to wear jeans and long trousers though oddly in the UK when it was 20-23C in the day I would normally be in shorts and sandals.

I have some proper u.k winter clobber ....a nice covert coat .

problem is ....i haven't had a reason to wear it .

it just doesn't warrant it .

roll neck and a jacket is all that I required these days

• 4 weeks later...

weather has calmed down a bit now ...some rain and temps in the 20s ?

we have friends who are visiting relatives on the east coast of oz .

they said the weather has been crap .....snow in Sydney yesterday ??????

they are now heading north ,and hoping for better weather , which iam sure they will get on the barrier reef

they haven't had any decent weather yet .

yes , I know its winter over there ....