The weather ?

bristolman

I've got to say... I am so sick of the heat and humidity in Brisbane.  Summer has been so long this year... it feels like we haven't had a break for over 7 months now.  The UK weather is one of the draw cards for us in our decision to move home.  I much prefer being cool and snuggling up to get warm as opposed to stripping off to almost nothing, having the AC on flat knacker and still dripping with sweat.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TazG said:

I've got to say... I am so sick of the heat and humidity in Brisbane.  Summer has been so long this year... it feels like we haven't had a break for over 7 months now.  The UK weather is one of the draw cards for us in our decision to move home.  I much prefer being cool and snuggling up to get warm as opposed to stripping off to almost nothing, having the AC on flat knacker and still dripping with sweat.  

That's one of reasons I wouldn't live in Qld.  To be fair many people really enjoy the heat and wouldn't want to live anywhere else but for those who don't cope well with heat and humidity it must make life pretty uncomfortable.  We are on the north coast of Tasmania and the summer has been lovely and warm - not hot.  Now it's autumn and the weather is a lot cooler but nice and sunny most days.  The winters can be cold and windy and it's the wettest time of year too but we also have lovely sunny frosty days too.  

All the best for your move back to the UK!  :)

• Like 2

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:15, TazG said:

we have had a great run for the last 7 years ...but the last few months have been crap ....its colder now, than at Xmas ?

2 hours ago, tea4too said:

Blimey, even for the UK that's some difference in today's weather. We've got blue skies and sunshine just now - took this photo of our blossom tree a few moments ago. T x

IMG_0520.JPG.19edc2ed6826c4e0026bb162126629ac.JPG

We have snow drops and a few daffs but that's about it. Nothing on the trees yet. Oh, and it is still snowing heavy. 

9 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

we have had a great run for the last 7 years ...but the last few months have been crap ....its colder now, than at Xmas ?

This week has been dismal.  But I suppose the rain is what make England such a stunning green and pleasant land.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, simmo said:

This week has been dismal.  But I suppose the rain is what make England such a stunning green and pleasant land.

Cold yesterday morning waiting for the train.

Good weather today, but another set weekend forecast.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

About time too.  :P

We will be in Sydney for a few days where it's forecast for warm weather with 30C on Monday.  -_-

In Melbourne, we're forecast for 29 tomorrow and 31 early next week! Yikes!, hope that this is just a freakish occurrence and we can soon have some nice cool autumnal weather for the rest of the school holidays. Summer belongs in summer!

3 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Oh such a shame that :(

Not for me. Suns out gun's out here today.  Loads of people in the beer garden eating lunch enjoying it. 

I have one floor of units to inspect then it's the weekend.

Have a good one ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simmo said:

Not for me. Suns out gun's out here today.  Loads of people in the beer garden eating lunch enjoying it. 

I have one floor of units to inspect then it's the weekend.

Have a good one ?

Av a good one you make sure you wear your sunnies in the beer garden the natives will have there tops off if it hits 15c xDxD

• Haha 1